Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency? - page 4. (Read 186407 times)

Activity: 562
Merit: 250
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?

We are not sure what will happen but I guess bitcoin is really hard to defeat. It already harbored to ordinary people's mind. Bitcoin is too popular so defeating it a challenger cryptocurrency would be a shot in the dark. But I also want to say that they don't have to compete with each other. Bitcoin and all other coins have their own strategies to acquire customers so just let the people decide to which they prefer, even both if decided.
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
There is no certain in this world everyone could be replace by another. BTC  is possible to be replaced by other cryptocurrency. The only thing that a btc could be still the king of coin/token because people patronize this thing but after people could fine a better one btc will  be lagging.
Activity: 140
Merit: 0
Nothing is impossible, but it is a very hard job to replace bitcoin by any other crypto currency because bitcoin is pioneer in the crypto world. Bitcoin showed the world what crypto currency is.

So it will not be an easy task to replace the pioneer. But you never know.
[/quote

I do agree with your opinion, Bitcoin will always remain one of the most valuable cryptocurrencies and it can't be replaced. For 9 years of existence Bitcoin is still number one crypto.
Activity: 154
Merit: 16
I don't believe we need to worry too much but altcoins to me are very important to the ecosystem and the more experiment the better it is something really important  happened this year people fled bitcoin into a etherium and thats was awesome because all of previous time they fled bitcoin they left the cryptocurrency economy and this times they simply switched lanes they didn't abandoned cryptocurrency they left bitcoin and went into a theorem to see what's the other side doing look at what's going on over they their not fight yet.
What I'm pointing is having another cryptocurrency is not bad because like bitcoin it might boom in comming future and you have the chance to get involved on its small price, and wait till its value will get high.
Activity: 658
Merit: 100
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?
all possibilities, including bitcoin, may be replaced by other crypto currencies.
Other crypto currencies such as ethereum, litecoin, NEO have the same opportunity to replace bitcoin positions
Activity: 98
Bitcoin won't get replaced by another Currency anytime soon because there's a bunch of people that like Bitcoin because it's the new method to pay for something online and offline.
Bitcoin would only get replaced if the new Currency gets more famous than Bitcoin and the Government allows the new Currency to get circulated as an official Currency system.
Activity: 126
Merit: 4
I think, for the moment I do not see the potential of other coins that can replace bitcoin. but someday it will happen, because there may be coins easier to obtain and use of the bitcoin. maybe if there is a coin like that, seekers bitcoin will begin to focus on the coin, and most likely, the coin will replace bitcoin.
Activity: 105
I think it is truly possible. maybe one day some other crypto currency will reach the level of Bitcoin and the owners will decide to work together to get all domination in the market. so they will join and start to work together and call their crypto by some another name.
Activity: 637
Merit: 11
It will happen more soon as you might think. Look at BTC.com how the mining difficulty has rised the last months and on the other hand how the price has dropped.
Nevertheless there is illegal content in bitcoin blockchain....
If there are not a big new adaptions bitcoin is sentenced to dead.
Activity: 88
I do not think it will happen but it is possible, but i think it will takes a long time to happen because as we can see the value of Bitcoin was too great right now and there are more investor continuous to invest in Bitcoin that will helps Bitcoin on the top of crypto world.
Activity: 99
I do not know, I guess that will not happen. Bitcoin is currently still the best coins of the others, and I guess it will never be replaced. Bitcoin might be replaced if there is a coin that has a higher price of Bitcoin, but until now there has been no sign of the coin
Activity: 853
Merit: 144
For s short while I thought that ETH could/would replace btc, b ut this was before it lost so much value.
When btc was going down hard, I was hoping that ETH would maintain a good price, bur rather it followed btc.
Activity: 56
i do not think so that bitcoin can be replace by any other currency but bitcoin can replace so many other currencies into bitcoin  and in the end all the people of the world will be using bitcoin.
Activity: 105
I agree with your opinion. Just as before Bitcoin, it was unimaginable that decentralized currencies were circulating in untrusted networks and built on blockchain technology (even if the technology itself was totally unmeasurable a decade ago), but it May be the next stage of incredible currency evolution
Activity: 107
to me as bitcoin is one of the most popular currency of the world, and still people are entering in the world of bitcoin therefore it is becoming more and  more strong that its previous position, therefore it is not possible that bitcoin can be replace by any other cryptocurrency.
Activity: 110
No bitcoin can't be replaced but other coin could surpass the height of bitcoin but I don't think that will ever happer, yes possible after a century. You just need to put your rational imagination to think why so
Activity: 107
Bitcoins will never be replaced by another token or coin what you all want to call it and that is only because allot of people are now into the bitcoin as you all know so they dont need a new one.
Yes there is a chance that this will happen but we will see what is gonna happen lets hope on a good future and lets say that the bitcoin will not get replaced.
I think its already too big to get destroyed by another altcoin honestly.
Activity: 4
To believe (e.g. to be certain) something like that does not make rational sense. To say that is a statistic probability makes much more sense. However, this has been discussed over and over again. In order for the cryptocurrency space to thrive, it would be most suitable if there were multiple coins at the top and not just one (as currently Bitcoin is). Nobody can say that either one will happen for sure; they would only be speculating.

Being the first cryptocurrency in the market, with tremendous growth, I believe its near to impossible to beat the Bitcoin (atleast for next 5-10 Years).
Monero is a reasonably safe altcoin and it may be great for trading but I don't think it can ever replace Bitcoin. The initial impression a coin makes tends to define how big its userbase can grow to. The devs would have to bring truly game-changing innovation to the table for Monero's userbase to explode and reach Bitcoin level.
Pages:
Jump to: