Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency? - page 6. (Read 186407 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 100
Perhaps bitcoin is being upgraded in the future, that we already can’t call it bitcoin anymore. We need that strongly!
Activity: 307
Merit: 10
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?

Maybe yes, bitcoin can be replace by another crypto currency but maybe it will take a long time to do replace it. Like bitcoin, bitcoin is almost 6 years and now it is the highest value in all type crypto, it is the number one crypto in all crypto. So that, it is possible that bitcoin will be replace someday.
Activity: 448
Merit: 137
Bitcoin was the first cryptocurrency

Bitcoin is like Mother/Father of all altcoins and it is very tough to replace it but not impossible.

There are many good projects coming this year and Egretia is one of the good project on which we have to keep eyes.

Don't consider it investment suggestion , do your own research before you invest anywhere.
Activity: 238
Merit: 3
ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry
hard to tell that
still many crypto or altcoin are good to and have a marked cap
but still the founder of altcoin can control it supply (market demand) so they can buyback their profit to keeping their price not higher enough and not fall enough to keeping their balance, so it still hard to decide that
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
For now, I do not see any other cryptocurrency that defeats the king of Bitcoin. Bitcoin can be compared to COD in the sense that even when new things come out and their technology is much better and advanced (no major competitors and direct decent yet still), it will still be on top (I hate COD btw just make an analogy hehe) with small changes. Both, as determined, will continue to jostle until their support dies in favor of another or when they become obselete.
Activity: 546
I don't see any altcoin taking over any time soon. Even ETH, Dogecoin, Litecoin, any coin isn't powerful enough to beat Bitcoin. Bitcoin has always been the base of all altcoins. Without Bitcoins, altcoins might not even be where it is today. In addition, altcoins nowadays are just there for people that are looking for a coin to trade. It doesn't have a use or purpose at all.

Exactly. Most altcoins are just pure speculation and do not deliver real uses cases in the mainstream world. There are many altcoins which are alike in terms of technology and usage such as NEO, Ethereum, and Cardano. While they implement different algorithms and extra features, they're much of the same because they're all smart contract platforms. In the end, none of these altcoins would be able to replace the original cryptocurrency which is Bitcoin, since they lack market recognition, and resilience unlike Bitcoin.

Bitcoin is getting stronger each day, and has the most hashrate in existence, making it the most secure cryptocurrency to date against any external attacks. (compared with most altcoins in existence). Of course, there's the concern about Quantum Computing attacks against Bitcoin, but I believe that it would upgrade its algorithm eventually to prevent such risks. Given that most altcoins depend on Bitcoin to succeed, it'll be hard for another cryptocurrency to take its place as king of cryptocurrency. The only possible situation would be for Bitcoin to fail, and another cryptocurrency with a better technology than the blockchain would come up in existence.

Despite all, we will continue to see Bitcoin as the top cryptocurrency in the market for years to come. Just my thoughts Grin

You are absolutely right. Here it is said about the same: https://medium.com/@jimmysong/why-bitcoin-is-different-e17b813fd947
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
I don't see any altcoin taking over any time soon. Even ETH, Dogecoin, Litecoin, any coin isn't powerful enough to beat Bitcoin. Bitcoin has always been the base of all altcoins. Without Bitcoins, altcoins might not even be where it is today. In addition, altcoins nowadays are just there for people that are looking for a coin to trade. It doesn't have a use or purpose at all.

Exactly. Most altcoins are just pure speculation and do not deliver real uses cases in the mainstream world. There are many altcoins which are alike in terms of technology and usage such as NEO, Ethereum, and Cardano. While they implement different algorithms and extra features, they're much of the same because they're all smart contract platforms. In the end, none of these altcoins would be able to replace the original cryptocurrency which is Bitcoin, since they lack market recognition, and resilience unlike Bitcoin.

Bitcoin is getting stronger each day, and has the most hashrate in existence, making it the most secure cryptocurrency to date against any external attacks. (compared with most altcoins in existence). Of course, there's the concern about Quantum Computing attacks against Bitcoin, but I believe that it would upgrade its algorithm eventually to prevent such risks. Given that most altcoins depend on Bitcoin to succeed, it'll be hard for another cryptocurrency to take its place as king of cryptocurrency. The only possible situation would be for Bitcoin to fail, and another cryptocurrency with a better technology than the blockchain would come up in existence.

Despite all, we will continue to see Bitcoin as the top cryptocurrency in the market for years to come. Just my thoughts Grin
Activity: 364
Merit: 101
 I think if somebody will create something really cool platform with tons of apps and economic correct ecosystem this system could replace bitcoin for sure but it must be something unreally cool.
Activity: 251