Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency? - page 95. (Read 186407 times)

Activity: 952
Merit: 41
Different invention are coming out every day but I don't think any other cryptocurrency can replace bitcoin any time soon.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?

The only way to let this possible where an altcoin could replace Bitcoin is if there is some serious flaw in the code that basically causes Bitcoin to stop working. The real problem with this situation is that altcoins are also based on the Bitcoin blockchain. This means the flaw would likely also exist in those altcoins. It’s also important to point out that the Bitcoin blockchain could be rolled back or forked after the bug was removed, and then everything would continue from that last good block. The fact that Bitcoin could fail is what gives some altcoins a bit of “intrinsic value“, but it’s likely that those altcoins would fail with Bitcoin is something horrific were to happen. This is where the Big Banks are  looking and waiting for to take down Bitcoin or replaced it with their old banking rule!
Activity: 112
Merit: 100
Because bitcoin is now more well-known to the world than other coins and there are many people choose bitcoin as their cryptocurrency, other coins can hardly have the position that bitcoin has right now. So, it’s gonna be a steppingstone for other crypto coins to be like bitcoin.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Cryptocurrencies and Blockchain technology is evolving so quickly I strongly believe we simply can't say that Bitcoin will still be the leading crypto in a couple of years time. For those of us old enough to remember the early days of the growth of the internet many of the initial leading lights such as AltaVista and Myspace fell by the wayside. Its going to be very interesting to see how things evolve!
Activity: 384
I think not, bitcoin is the mother of every altcoins. And no one can replace bitcoin, if any then cryptocurrency should start from 0 back. and it takes a long time.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 503
I think no because there are alot of bitcoin users compared to altcoin also its hard to beat bitcoin at this current state and its price right now its slowy rising and rising altcoins cant beat bitcoin because there are alot of things the altcoin lacks compare to bitcoin like decentralized most of the altcoins right now are  decentralized.
Activity: 602
Merit: 118

if not bitcoin. others do not give much reliance in the long term
Activity: 388
Merit: 250
I do not think that this can even happen, the bitcoin is so big and the altcoins are still pretty small compared with the bitcoin.
Maybe in the far future that this can happen but.
Activity: 140
I think bitcoin can and will be replaced by another cryptocurrency but as of now i see bitcoin to be the only reliable cryptocurrency existing. Bitcoin also is as of today the highest valued currency and therefore the most used. Many other cryptocurrencies are existing today but still their values and their transaction process are still limited and unsafe. Replacing bitcoin is imaginably impossible since the market is openly transacting and improving the bitcoin community and is becoming more application friendly to the users.
Activity: 845
I think it is very difficult to replace bitcoin, bitcoin market share is the largest even has reached more than 60% of the total cryptocurrency so it will be difficult for other coins to replace bitcoin.
Activity: 364
Blockchain with VTOS energy
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?

The only possibility that bitcoin will be replaced if there is a currency that is higher than bitcoins, But i think it is not possible since the value is consistently increasing each month and we all have the mentality that bitcoins is a long term investment that is why businessman is attracted to this coins and now bitcoins is engaging the corporate world in that reason.
Activity: 910
Merit: 500

There are many cryptocurrencies available in this world and bitcoin is the only popular one because it has putlived some of them and it has been reliable. Wever with theme rence f some netwer competitin ethernum’s name has started sprunging up
Activity: 1428
Merit: 252
I highly doubt it. Bitcoin can be forked to gain the features of competitors, it is a known brand and the alts are destined to repeat the mistakes of Bitcoin anyway. Might as well go with Bitcoin.

I think nothing is impossible, we all know that at this time many projects to make cryptocurrency and of course the main goal is to beat bitcoin. I'm sure someday there will be coins that will replace bitcoin.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Bitcoin needs to remain the top cryptocurrency, or I will look very foolish!
Activity: 2814
Merit: 576
BTC is not something that you can just replace that easily. It is still growing and getting better over time so although nobody knows about the future i can tell that in the future bitcoin will exist if there is anything like bitcoin it will only become second to bitcoin and never get on top of it.
Absolutely with the current price of BTC i'm in doubt another currency would replace it on top. It is already tested so many times that what ever negative news against BTC though it temporarily its price fell down it always show resiliency and continue to break its own record high.
Bitcoin is very powerful, when we see the price is good or because there is a good news usually the price will pump resulting to dump of altcoins.
People are really interested more in putting their money with bitcoins that's why they can sacrifice their alts and dump it.
Activity: 476
Merit: 108
BTC is not something that you can just replace that easily. It is still growing and getting better over time so although nobody knows about the future i can tell that in the future bitcoin will exist if there is anything like bitcoin it will only become second to bitcoin and never get on top of it.
Absolutely with the current price of BTC i'm in doubt another currency would replace it on top. It is already tested so many times that what ever negative news against BTC though it temporarily its price fell down it always show resiliency and continue to break its own record high.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
Well, I believe that other crypto currencies that are better than Bitcoin in terms of use case, speed of transaction etc will soon spring up but as regards to replacing Bitcoin, I don't think that would be possible because Bitcoin will forever enjoy the popularity of being the pioneer cryptocurrency besides it has gone to far to be toppled  by any new currency. My humble opinion though.
Activity: 463
Of course no! Bitcoin will be in the top forever. There is no altcoins that can beat bitcoins. Bitcoin is the most strongest cryptocurrency and I know that the bitcoin will gain more power and popularity in this following years.
I think this will not happen or maybe not in the near future.Bitcoin has survived many hardships over the years.People invest in bitcoin as they can see the potential of this coin is growing day by day.
Bitcoin is evolving  and has not only gained million of users but this cryptocurrency but is also the leading cryptocurrency today.All the other altcoins are regulated with respect to bitcoin only.The highest price of any cryptocurrency is bitcoin only.Its value is increasing day by day.
Why not? There are many coins that are better than bitcoin and I do believe that they can change the world as well as make the world better with it new technology. From my point of view, I can not see which advantage bitcoin has brought to the people except the profit.
Yeah, finally we just see the price of Bitcoin increases and this is the benefit for our life. It can not apply for business like Ethereum, Ethereum has smart contract and better than Bitcoin. About anonymous transaction, I will choose Monero and Zcash, these coins better than Bitcoin very much for anonymous my transaction.
Activity: 325
imo Bitcoin forks make the currency better and better so no need to fear it can be replaced one day.
BTCDevs do a great Job!!
Activity: 574
Merit: 256
Bitcoin is on the top of all the cryptocurrencies.The demand for Bitcoin is increasing day by day at a very fast rate which is further increasing it's price .It's current price is approximately 5800$ which is greater than the price of any other cryptocurrency. Moreover Bitcoin provides special features such as anonymous, cheap and fast transactions. Investing in bitcoin is more profitable than investing in any other altcoin.The above statemrnts prove that it is difficult for any other cryptocurrency to replace Bitcoin.

Pages:
Jump to: