Pages:
Author

Topic: Will ETH beat BTC someday? - page 3. (Read 2297 times)

eup
Activity: 105
Merit: 5
August 14, 2018, 03:21:46 AM
You can never see this scene, Ethereum is heading for death, now $300. Bitcoin is still expensive. I hope you have not invested in Ethereum.
Activity: 406
Merit: 101
August 14, 2018, 12:17:24 AM
Is there any chance that Ethereum will cost as much as Bitcoin in 2018?
It's safe to say that none of the coins will be close to bitcoin anymore. And if we consider the following years, then most likely it will be a new coin, not an ether, which, as we see, is very unstable.
Activity: 826
Merit: 256
August 14, 2018, 12:00:25 AM
As of this time, the price of the ethereum is now below $300 and still falling after bitcoin slides down below $6000. Ethereum seem to follow the bitcoin price and if this always happen, there is no chance for the ethereum to beat bitcoin someday in value or in market capitalization.
Activity: 434
Merit: 13
August 13, 2018, 11:27:10 PM
Ethereum will definetely worth as much as btc worth, but in terms of market cap I don't know if it can be higher than bitcoin, but it is very clear that ethereum worths to hold.
I think the BTC price with ETH is certainly different, because the ETH price is based on BTC prices. Of course it won't have the same value as you think. But of course the ETH price will rise and not the same as the BTC price.
Activity: 431
Merit: 100
August 13, 2018, 11:04:25 PM
No hard feeling for this, but I guess ethereum has no chance of winning here. That would be the hardest hurdle. Ethereum has a nice step in cryptocurrency, it looks the other way, it's different from bitcoin. And that's the right thing to do for ethereum. Even if it can't win, ethereum is still one of the best cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
August 13, 2018, 10:49:17 PM
it is difficult for ethereum to be able to compete with BTC in the near future but when it is true that in the next few years there will be a cycle change that I believe is very likely to happen when ethereum is able to replace bitcoin
Activity: 68
Merit: 0
August 13, 2018, 10:46:08 PM
BTC has successfully breached 50% dominance in overall marketcap. BTC has been maintaining its dominant position in the market quite effectively. For ETH to surpass Bitcoin, along with having immense community support it needs to decrease the popularity of BTC among traders which is quite a difficult thing to achieve. If ETH gains more popularity, it is likely that BTC will attract the same popularity among traders.

It seems it is quite difficult to beat the BTC in the long term.
Activity: 406
August 11, 2018, 02:20:38 PM

I think it will never happen, neither ETH nor anything else will be able to beat Bitcoin. Bitcoin will always keep the first place in crypto world.
Bitcoin crashes - ethereum crashes. All alt coins will crash too.
Only new technology can beat bitcoin, all these old alt coins are not really good competition, especially ethereum. When investards stop investing in scam ico's ethereum will crash.
ethereum is good coin, but it still cant beat bitcoin.
investor invests in ICO or investor doesnt invest in ICO is never affect of crashing ethereum. it's non-sense IMO
Activity: 540
BountyMarketCap
August 11, 2018, 02:18:54 PM

Ethereum which is next to bitcoin has the biggest potential of all the coins that we know. However, I still believe that it couldn't beat bitcoin because bitcoin has passed all the tests of time that's why it has gone so far which only proves that it is still the father of all cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 574
Merit: 255
August 11, 2018, 02:06:30 PM
BTC has successfully breached 50% dominance in overall marketcap. BTC has been maintaining its dominant position in the market quite effectively. For ETH to surpass Bitcoin, along with having immense community support it needs to decrease the popularity of BTC among traders which is quite a difficult thing to achieve. If ETH gains more popularity, it is likely that BTC will attract the same popularity among traders.
Activity: 238
August 11, 2018, 01:56:42 PM
No way in 2018  Cheesy. As you can see the price of all coins are down now. There is a huge gap between the price of BTC and ETH. We have just another 4 months to go. We can't expect that something big may happen in this year. But who knows? Crypto market is very unpredictable.
Activity: 146
August 11, 2018, 01:41:45 PM
Yes, of course, someday Ethereum coins can beat Bitcoin. But if for this year I'm sure Bitcoin can still lead from all the other coins.
copper member
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
August 11, 2018, 12:59:13 PM
The chances for this to happen are negligable. Just look at the price difference between  the two coins. ETH is no way near Bitcoin in terms of price and market cap. Also ETH mainly depend on Bitcoin for its price. So there are no chances that ETH will overtake Bitcoin.
Activity: 70
August 11, 2018, 12:55:01 PM
the only way I think that team might beat the leader of the currency market  is through the support of the other altcoins, ethereum along with the other coins controls 60% of the market but bitcoin is still the controlling currency  which may change someday
Activity: 94
July 28, 2018, 06:15:23 AM
Although I can't predict the future, here I want to tell you that Ethereum can never surpass Bitcoin, and only Bitcoin is the most expensive coin.
Activity: 112
Merit: 1
July 28, 2018, 06:10:47 AM
this is way too a ways and very not possible to manifest. The queen won't beat the king and the king is the Bitcoin, perhaps now the cost and preformance of ethereum inside the marketplace is extremely good and the bitcoin isn't always, the bitcoin remains greater populat and extra valuable than ethereum.
Activity: 126
June 29, 2018, 07:13:23 AM
I think in 2018 there is, but in 2019 or 2020 it may well be! I like Ethereum more than Bitcoin and I hope that someday Ethereum will be the leader in crypto currency!
Activity: 252
“The Protocol for the Audience Economy”
June 29, 2018, 07:05:05 AM
no it never will, the only reason etherium is valued so high is because it is used for almost all kinds of investing, mainly ICOs, once these better blockchains become more established then Etherium will falter. Bitcoin will remain King, we all know its not worth crap for trasaction purposes , it is our gold standard never the less
Activity: 585
Merit: 250
June 29, 2018, 06:33:43 AM
With the current situation of market, I do not think ethereum will cost as much as bitcoin in this year 2018 because currently the price of ethereum and bitcoin is low and when the market recover, bitcoin has more potentials to rise higher than ethereum because it controls the price of altcoin in crypto. Although ethereum will also rise very high, but it will not be up to that of bitcoin.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 252
June 29, 2018, 06:32:20 AM
i think eth is very difficult to beat btc because btc is very difficult to get and if eth possibility can beat btc it is an impossible in my opinion, see btc current development more and more want it.
I think it's possible, ETH is the most likely coin to beat this bitcoin because ETH is a coin used for hundreds of tokens and uses transaction costs, even if the current collected marketcap of hundreds of tokens and ETH is the same.
Pages:
Jump to: