Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Ethereum fail if Vitalik dies? - page 18. (Read 4061 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 10
October 12, 2018, 01:55:53 PM
As Vitalik tweeted last week there are other main developers who will carry on the project when he one day
leaves the project. Good projects have chance to succeed even if the leader leave.
Activity: 532
Merit: 165
October 12, 2018, 01:42:39 PM
Let's think logically. If Vitaly Buterin dies, God forbid, of course, the company will simply head a new Director and continue to work. This should not affect the price of Ethereum in any way
Activity: 322
Merit: 2
October 12, 2018, 12:58:40 PM
As Vitalik himself rightfully pointed out, Ethereum will survive even without him. He is already planning to take a backseat and not to be fronted as the owner anymore. It therefore means that even if he dies, Ethereum will live on.
Activity: 503
Merit: 250
October 12, 2018, 12:53:20 PM
Nothing significant will definitely happen, because today the majority of development activities over ETH are moving very productively and without Vitalik, therefore nothing terrible will happen exactly.
It's a platform and it already exists the system works with or without anyone involves. It stable now in terms of transactions and what some developers already doing now is just adding more feature for better use.
Activity: 954
Merit: 104
ludenaprotocol.io
October 12, 2018, 12:52:29 PM
Vitalik Buterin is a genious, he created decentralized alternative cryptocurrency. But now, Vitalik for Ethereum project is not needed, Ethereum is a decentralized network with thousands of developers. Some people think that if Vitalik leave Ethereum, it will be much better for Ethereum because it will make Ethereum even more decentralized Wink.
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
October 12, 2018, 12:50:39 PM
Nothing significant will definitely happen, because today the majority of development activities over ETH are moving very productively and without Vitalik, therefore nothing terrible will happen exactly.
Activity: 406
Merit: 11
October 12, 2018, 12:49:45 PM
Of course not. I did not hear anything more stupid. the ether is already positioning itself and is one of the most popular and multifunctional. so do not invent nonsense!

I agree you with you, I don't know how these stuffs goes on their mind. They know eth is becoming very popular in the crypto market, but still they have such silly doubts. Investors check the future of the project before investing not the person. Yes it may impact for few days but not permanently.
Activity: 448
Merit: 103
Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!
October 12, 2018, 12:43:24 PM
Maybe the broadcast will not fall off, but his course or "shares" will clearly lose their share of the percent
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
October 12, 2018, 11:40:26 AM
The price will probably be affected for a little while but as long as the Ethereum team will continue to maintain and develop the ETH platform then I would say that it is still a solid project. I hope you're not planning to kill Vitalik though  Grin
Activity: 407
Merit: 14
Collectrix-Bridgin the physical and Virtual worlds
October 12, 2018, 11:39:11 AM
Vitalik is just the public face of Ethereum but there are a thousand people in the background who does the real work so if Vatalik were to die today, the project would not end but it would probably take a temporary hard hit but it would rally eventually.
Activity: 224
October 12, 2018, 11:36:46 AM
Ethereum is the second decentralized Cryptocurrency while bitcoin is first Cryptocurrency that is not control or own by single individual or group of people.  Ethereum will continue to develop and evolve with or without vitalik or any particular figure for that matter!
Activity: 994
Merit: 250
October 12, 2018, 11:32:29 AM
Of course not. I did not hear anything more stupid. the ether is already positioning itself and is one of the most popular and multifunctional. so do not invent nonsense!
Activity: 280
Merit: 1
October 12, 2018, 10:35:32 AM
Not so long ago, Vitalik Buterin said that the Ethereum network will quietly work in the normal mode and without it. Are there no talented developers in the project team? Or third-party developers? I think there is. Just a project can be quite different.
Activity: 602
Merit: 12
October 12, 2018, 10:34:23 AM
IMHO, but yes. When there was news that Vitalik died in a car accident (of course, fake), then Ethereum fell. Yet Acne is the head of the Ethereum, its face. And in general this is the rule. Bad news about the head of some company = drop in the company's shares.
Activity: 164
October 12, 2018, 10:28:37 AM
And as he himself recently said, other developers are involved in Ethereum. He does not climb into the process.
Activity: 186
October 12, 2018, 10:27:41 AM
i  can  say  for sure  that  it  can  not  happen  beacause  vitalik  is  not  the only  one  that supprot  bitcoin  and  if it  dies another  vitalik  will come  and there  will be no problem  at  all..
Activity: 164
October 12, 2018, 10:26:10 AM

If he dies or leaves the project, nothing will happen to Ethereum. This has long been an independent system.
Activity: 188
October 12, 2018, 09:31:20 AM
Vitalik is a very important member of the crypto community, but Ethereum is not about one person, it is much more than that IMO.
Activity: 2100
Merit: 174
October 12, 2018, 03:22:32 AM
Probably not. The situation will be similar to bitcoin--satoshi is not yet known (almost equivalent to being dead) but it is stull functioning how it should be. In retrospect, Ethereum has one of the most active developers and maybe, just maybe, if Vit dies, it would spark a new revolution in crypto.
Activity: 59
Merit: 1
October 12, 2018, 02:55:53 AM
A funny joke; D Perhaps there is already a line of many Vitaliks waiting for Buterin’s death.  And since there is a huge team and I doubt that the death of even a few of them somehow shattered etherium
Pages:
Jump to: