Pages:
Author

Topic: Will every crypto coin survive? - page 83. (Read 10801 times)

Activity: 63
Merit: 0
July 22, 2018, 02:22:33 PM
Most will enter a state of limbo, kicking around on a few nodes for many years while their value dwindles, like a star using up the last of its fuel but without the impressive supernova.
But among them there will be long term survivors, perhaps 5% of the alternatives but they will have the liquidity, adoption and market to really expand.

Actually I don't think the long term winners even exist yet. Bitcoin will always have a special place in history, like the first computer ever built and I'm sure it'll be around for decades to come but I personally don't think Bitcoin is the end game. Ethereum to a lesser extend will have a place in history and won't be going anywhere for a while. But neither of these will be the long term big winners but they will fuel and continue to inspire the long term winners. Bitcoin has relatively limited utility although it's great at what it sets out to do. Ethereum has many problems with scale and performance and frankly the major rework being suggested with Plasma, Casper and Sharding is nothing short of admitting it needs replacing with something very different although I'm not convinced this trinity of changes is the right answer. These technologies improve scale and performance but lead to centralisation and frankly there are better blockchains out there if you need scale. Ethereum has around 15,000 nodes the last time I checked plus of course many lite wallets but it's not a massive network which the long term winners will be. And I'm not disrespecting Ethereum, I think it advanced the industry and has delivered a huge amount of benefit but it's also highlight a lot of challenges that the industry needs to deal with in imaginative and creative ways.

So that's a long winded way of saying I don't think they'll all survive, not in a healthy way but there will be a good selection of blockchains that will survive, the art is working out which they are. We don't really need to work out which will win long term, there will be a few and the main thing is that some do survive and really improve society.
Activity: 563
Merit: 102
July 22, 2018, 02:18:46 PM
Not all will survive. There were so many coins that come and go. At first they have a value and suddenly no value at all like they became a shitcoin.  They're like pump and dump but there are also who survived .I think those ICO with really good project that are useful are the ones who survived and will survive.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
July 22, 2018, 02:17:20 PM
Of course that they will , but it also depends on each coin and the project that is behind that coin, if it's a shitty one, then there is no way that this coin can survive to the storm, that is the way that all the other coins work on the market
Activity: 253
Merit: 100
July 22, 2018, 02:13:16 PM
 Cryptocurrency is one of the battle of the fittest, the coins with most usage and accepted by everyone will be the one will stay. Some coins are just being redundant and imitating/copying other coins like BTC and ETH. But I think that old coins will be included to be eliminated because we are always having new technology and innovation.

Improvements is always there in every ICO, so there will be new payment method and if the previous coin will become stagnat, they will be also vanish in crypto world.
Activity: 126
July 22, 2018, 02:09:32 PM
I think that 95% of crypto coins and tokens won't survive and the reason is that a crypto coin in order to survive and get value it has to be accepted as a way of payment for purchase goods or services.
Very few coins will manage to do it at the end of the day and of course these coins will get enormous value.
The only thing you have to do is to find out which coins will enter the market of real currencies.

I think that number of coins that gonna fail is more, about 99%

I always remember about dotcom bubble

nearly entire sector was collapsed, so that is the history from which we can learn
Activity: 253
July 22, 2018, 02:09:04 PM
The main reason we have so many coins not surviving after some time is because so many of these coins are either shit coins or there are some that the developers created them for the purpose of profit. By the time they have realised the intended profit, they then abandon the project and move on with another.

Nonetheless, i have seen some very good ICO that up until now, they are still very much active in the market.
Activity: 868
Merit: 251
July 22, 2018, 02:02:40 PM
There are not a lot of really innovative coins with a new tech/interesting idea. They are mostly copypasted clones and scams, they will die...
Activity: 420
July 22, 2018, 01:59:09 PM
I am analyzing the development of fairly high coin sales, but sometimes there are fewer coins with a low transaction history, such coins that will have the potential to not survive in the world of crypto including the world of trading
Activity: 476
Merit: 10
https://beta.afce.io/#/
July 22, 2018, 01:50:41 PM
Absolutely not only real and strong project will run in future we know in market every 2nd coin is dump project or team not managed correctly so in future only good project will survive.
Activity: 66
July 22, 2018, 01:49:14 PM
Don't think so because, as we can observe, there are thousands and thousands of cryptocurrencies and the pace at which new ones are created is pretty high. I think, and I totally agree that they won't survive and only the top 3 cryptocurrencies, or even 2, will be demanded by the community and other people who hasn't entered this market yet  Wink
Activity: 98
July 22, 2018, 01:45:48 PM
Now there are a lot of projects, whose coins are unlikely to be in demand in the future. Perhaps the value they will have, but as the subject of trade on the exchanges. I try to invest in coins that I think will be in demand in the future.
Activity: 168
Merit: 12
July 22, 2018, 01:37:31 PM
My opinion every coin will survive if they have functions and usefulness that many people use. Because if the coin has a function and good use it will be many people who want to have it.
Activity: 532
July 22, 2018, 01:10:07 PM
as payment systems is not a guarantee of crypto will survive. This is just one way to make increasingly have at least Crypto functions and high value. beyond that, I think it will be just the same. Indeed many existing cryptos and only the best can survive and provide a profit.
Activity: 364
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
July 22, 2018, 01:05:24 PM
Not all altcoins will survive. As far as I know only the strongest survive in crypto. The more obstacles to face the more chance that there will altcoins that will instantly end the campaign.

do you mean there will be altcoin that can end the campaign how ?
because I think the new altcoin is part of the campaign prize for which we follow his ICO project. I think as long as there is still a campaign, there will always be a new altcoin
Activity: 224
July 22, 2018, 12:58:20 PM
you should not think that! Some of coins are being used for their own platform services. and just because they're not trading doesn't mean they're dead. there are coins that are very promising and strong. these coins are very popular. other coins are weaker and less popular with the community.
Activity: 560
Merit: 101
July 22, 2018, 12:57:09 PM
If I think maybe cryptocurrenny coins will continue to grow every day because now it's a lot of coins are created and again the more growing the course of this cryptocurrenny in the community so naturally if the coins increasing
Activity: 93
Merit: 1
ALLUXE.io - Decentralized Luxury Platform
July 22, 2018, 12:55:25 PM
I think that 95% of crypto coins and tokens won't survive and the reason is that a crypto coin in order to survive and get value it has to be accepted as a way of payment for purchase goods or services.
Very few coins will manage to do it at the end of the day and of course these coins will get enormous value.
The only thing you have to do is to find out which coins will enter the market of real currencies.

What is your basis in all that you stated here? I don:t think only 95% will thrive and survive in the cryptocurrency market. If that's the case, then it would be very damagng to the reputation the whole market. It begs the question, "why?"
Activity: 672
July 22, 2018, 12:52:33 PM
as long as this platform is needed I think crypto will stay alive and many investors are entrusting their money in this business. Crypto is able to make someone become rich instantly, Altcoin is the bridge of many people to create blockchain technology for a better future
Activity: 280
Merit: 3
July 21, 2018, 03:01:45 PM
In the crypt markets, there are many useless and overvalued coins and tokens. Of course, it is impossible for each coin to survive in the future.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Your professional profile on the blockchain
July 22, 2018, 12:48:37 PM
Not all altcoins will survive. As far as I know only the strongest survive in crypto. The more obstacles to face the more chance that there will altcoins that will instantly end the campaign.

I think not all altcoyins will grow after this fall. Now bitcoin has grown a little and after it for some time, the price and altcoins have also grow, but some of them remain on the bottom.
Pages:
Jump to: