Author

Topic: Will ICO die in 2018? - page 106. (Read 11540 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 102
February 26, 2018, 01:26:53 AM
While there are no compelling reasons for ICO to die, especially this year, no. ICO campaigns live and thrive. Their number is constantly growing. Last year alone, there were 902 ICOs. This is a fairly large figure. Now there are definitely big problems with trust in the ICO campaigns, about a third of them have signs of fraud, but I think that this process will soon be subject to regulation. On this account, there are various options, let's see which one will be implemented.
Activity: 238
Merit: 40
First Payment Gateway using GoldBacked cryptocurre
February 25, 2018, 08:32:42 PM
I think in 2018 ICO will continue and will proliferate to other platform as well, probably new breed or ethereum like platform will emerge that remedy ethereum based ICO problem, like low throughput and so on, government regulation also maybe will start to be more open with ICO, ICO from Russia seems to dominate the space with the Russian government announcement that legalize cryptocurrency in Russia, we can see more and more ICOs from Russia

Open platform project like  genesis where you can generate your own smart contract network will open more opportunity for us to create sophisticated smart contract network platform
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
February 25, 2018, 08:19:45 PM
Lots of government regulation will dampen ICO fever. The days of "easy 10x returns" won't likely happen until BTC pushes back to $14-15k and above. You need the fever to return before you can expect the frenzy to resume.
Activity: 574
Merit: 102
https://adonx.one
February 25, 2018, 08:18:03 PM
I dont see if ICO will die, popularity of ICO just began, we can see this from many previous ICO was successfully reached their hardcap just a few day even just a few hours. In the future ICO will surpass IPO because now many big company chooce ICO to development their project than IPO, just like Telegram.
Activity: 406
Merit: 10
EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution
February 25, 2018, 08:11:05 PM
ICO will never die anytime, even in the next 20-30 years ICO will remain and will be even more triumphant.
Activity: 294
Merit: 105
February 25, 2018, 06:59:20 PM
No, im not sure ICOs will die this year.  I can see a fraud ICOs who usually scam people. Lets just be careful with those scammer around. Investigate the ICO campaign before joining in and be vigilant. There are people who were not paid after working in ICOs, thats so sad. Basical investors are needed to make the money flow in crypto world thats why ICOs exist.
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
February 25, 2018, 06:18:59 PM
I think in 2018 ICO's will be more active in our daily life, with new regulutation and more safe platform ICO's will be one good way to invest and to have profit.
Activity: 40
February 25, 2018, 06:11:35 PM
In current status all ICO will disappear sooner or later, cause most of them now are scam. Whole industry of ICO are evolving now to more regulated area. The lesser  amount of ICO will be, the more better quality they'll have. And maybe some of organizers will understand that for new technology isn't necessary  create token... dreams dreams
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
February 25, 2018, 06:01:58 PM
I dont think that ICO's will die, i am sure that with new technology ICO's will start to be in safe hands and it ll be very profitable also in future, I think ICO's will be in more focus.
Activity: 18
February 25, 2018, 05:53:50 PM
I personally think that investors will/are becoming more sophisticated.  ICO's are essentially decentralised and should remain so, lest they become so overly regulated that the opportunity for your everyday Joe Bloggs becomes restricted through red tape and bureaucracy and it becomes as difficult to ICO as it is to IPO.  This will result in the same restricting of opportunity that created the market for ICO's in the first place.  Instead, I think it's better, like everything in the cryptocurrency world, for the community to learn ride without their training wheels, and begin to carry out the due diligence necessary to find the projects that have real worth and future.  I'm currently looking for projects that present a real spend case for Cryptocurrency, or create a protocol that solves a genuine problem.  I invested in Monaco, I like Wanchain, I like Gems (before the greed of their ICO was published) and I've just discovered a very innovative project called subbit....

I think ICO's have a future... it's community around it that needs to mature.
Activity: 182
February 25, 2018, 05:51:27 PM
I think ICO will live, at least in 2018. Probably we will see some changes in the organization of campaigns. Especially because of the government's regulation and abundance fakecoins.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
February 25, 2018, 05:49:49 PM
I don't see ICO's dying in 2018 but instead we might see some of them failed but this is nothing new. There are plenty of promising projects for 2018 and I'm sure some of them will have an impact.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
The market of algorithmic crypto trading strategie
February 25, 2018, 05:45:00 PM
as everything in life has the good and bad, in the Icos is no different, have to study long before investing
Activity: 114
February 25, 2018, 05:42:22 PM
most probably...
Activity: 64
February 25, 2018, 05:41:48 PM
lol this is just a beginning of ico how can you say that it will die
Activity: 22
February 25, 2018, 05:34:19 PM
Please ignore the previous post. It was posted in error.
February 25, 2018, 05:32:35 PM
In today’s world where newer generations are accepting and getting in tuned to the development influxed by internet, the new world of Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency cannot be stopped. On the contrary it will flourish forever. Bitcoin is not owned by any country. Nobody in the world can ban Bitcoin because in order to do that, the technology of internet will have to be shut down, which is practically impossible.

However, individual governments can either block Cash to Bitcoin conversion. Or the  vice versa by shutting down Cryptocurrency exchanges. But, in order do that they need to secure the major chunk of citizens who have already invested in Cryptocurrency, which includes the A1 class citizens as well. They will find it really difficult to trade or get cash when they need it.
February 25, 2018, 04:19:25 PM
As we see newer and promising plans to generate, developers are attracting many investors to the specifics of their coin technology. I strongly believe that the newer technologies of ICOs will prevail in 2018 and open newer avenues for many more projects to evolve. We will observe them in a new horizon with remarkable concepts and ideas.

According to me the concept of ICO will not die. On the contrary we can say that with the evolution of ICOs will lay the foundation to the generation of newer concepts of ICO in the new world of Crypto-currency. They will try to achieve success with the newly evolved chain creation, anonymity, reduced fee and a whole lot of newer concepts. I also strongly believe that every developer that has a newer and promising idea that is connected with the new concept of coin technologies should have a fair chance to make a breakthrough in the market. ICOs are the way for the independent publishers of the coins to advertise themselves.
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
February 25, 2018, 07:37:33 AM
Disclaimer: The text below is a personal opinion of the author. If you have a different opinion, please share it

ICO causes more and more distrust - thanks to the scammers. At this point, companies that produce and sell tokens are more focused on the product. The product is being developed and improved. And all before the token sale.

The fact is: those companies that enter the token market with a readymade product are more trustworthy. Now, few people are interested in a company that launches ICO just to make a name and earn a lot of money.

ICO is a serious campaign. It requires great resources and professionalism.

There are many companies on this path. Recently, Pavel Durov announced the creation of a light wallet and the release of the Gram token on the Telegram platform. Here is another example - KickCity, a company that has existed for two years. KickCity is engaged in the development of the event industry and issues a KCY token for further expansion of the company.
Have you seen how many ICOs are planned for this year? I think that ICOs are only starting to live. I am pretty sure that 95% will be scams but anyways it is expected to be 5 thousand ICOs at least  only in 2018, ridiculous.
Activity: 140
February 25, 2018, 07:35:00 AM
I hope ICO wont die in 2018 cause we get another income in bitcointalk from that kind of project I hope it will last forever to help us to get another income from our main job
Jump to: