Author

Topic: Will ICO die in 2018? - page 107. (Read 11540 times)

Activity: 142
Merit: 12
February 25, 2018, 07:27:08 AM
Disclaimer: The text below is a personal opinion of the author. If you have a different opinion, please share it

ICO causes more and more distrust - thanks to the scammers. At this point, companies that produce and sell tokens are more focused on the product. The product is being developed and improved. And all before the token sale.

The fact is: those companies that enter the token market with a readymade product are more trustworthy. Now, few people are interested in a company that launches ICO just to make a name and earn a lot of money.

ICO is a serious campaign. It requires great resources and professionalism.

There are many companies on this path. Recently, Pavel Durov announced the creation of a light wallet and the release of the Gram token on the Telegram platform. Here is another example - KickCity, a company that has existed for two years. KickCity is engaged in the development of the event industry and issues a KCY token for further expansion of the company.

ICO will die in 2018 Huh
It is a pretty interesting question to be able to identify developments in 2018, In my opinion, ICO Capital Mobilization is no longer a novelty, and the daily increase of scam ICOs The form of mobilization is so easy and anyone can do it!
Will the ICO die in 2018? I think not, because the market is too new in the crypto currency market! And above all, not only in the ICO market, there are scams that any area, including the bank or the government can scam! And whether it is scam or not, crypto, I believe will always grow, and would like to like the good ICO will still grow !!! Typical is DAICO, a new form of ICO from CEO VITALIK BUTTERIN!
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
February 25, 2018, 07:09:13 AM
I dont think it will die totally. Because the programmers need to investors  for creating coins and new technology
Activity: 280
February 25, 2018, 06:29:44 AM
I don't think so. What I see is government will now take charge to control or regulate ICOs to their country to avoid scam or fraud to the investors. Because many are taking advantage of it since no law has been passed regarding scam.

There are so many scam ico that we need to avoid before investing in the project.
I will support regulation of ico if it can help avoid scam ico and increase trust of investor to ico itself.
Activity: 392
Merit: 112
February 25, 2018, 06:28:21 AM
Hoping that will not die because ICO is really a good start for every project in cryptocurrencies. But some people abusing it, starting ICO and they will just scam people who invested, hope it will not be a habit of every people.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
February 25, 2018, 06:27:23 AM
companies who has a product are undoubtedly much safer to invest in.
but that does nit mean that founders of companies without a product are actual scammers. the whole point in many projects ICO is to raise funds to develop a certain project.

ultimately - you basic assumption is correct. but still there are great products waiting to be built using ICO's.

Activity: 602
Merit: 107
February 25, 2018, 06:09:12 AM
Nah they won't. It's a great method of funding.

It's true tho that over 90% of the ICOs are complete bullshit and there's a lot of scams as well.

Vitalik recently suggested a new concept of ICO (called ICO 2.0) which would release funds in intervals and give investors options to vote either the funds should be released or not, I think that would solve a lot of current issues with scammy projects:
https://coincodex.com/article/1329/vitalik-buterin-suggest-improvements-to-ico-model/
Activity: 1005
Merit: 502
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
February 25, 2018, 06:06:31 AM
In my opinion ICO never die because there many people has new idea to make this world better by use blockchain technology, just take alook now there are new ICO everyday and some of them success reached hardcap just in a few hours. ICO will be more popular and year by year because now become trend.

Yes, ICOs are a mix of crowdfunding and traditional IPOs so it's unlikely they will die. What's true is that they are not getting the same attention as 2017.
Activity: 462
February 25, 2018, 06:03:30 AM
In my opinion ICO never die because there many people has new idea to make this world better by use blockchain technology, just take alook now there are new ICO everyday and some of them success reached hardcap just in a few hours. ICO will be more popular and year by year because now become trend.
Activity: 112
February 25, 2018, 05:49:52 AM
ICO is disrupting the VC and this is a good thing. No longer is venture capital investments just reserved for only the rich.. all of us can take part in VC by means of ICO.

But there are too many crappy ICO that is giving the industry a bad name and too many ICO that are just out to grab some cash... we will likely see a big shakedown of ICO as many will not be able to meet their obligations in their roadmap.

I do hope that there will be strict regulations in the ICO market in 2018 so that we can see more quality ICOs moving forward.
Activity: 308
February 25, 2018, 05:48:42 AM
When Cryptocurrency market is a bear market, then the blow to the ICO market is very serious, and more and more countries intend to regulatory ICO, so I think that in 2018, ICO bubble will burst.
ICO is not a bubble because it will not be worth it if there is no investor and investment in their project. ICOs provide a great source of profit, so it is difficult to finish because it also creates benefits and investors continue to invest in it.
Activity: 65
Freedom
February 25, 2018, 05:44:46 AM
I think ICO will be more regulated as we move towards mainstream adoption.. won't die as the idea is revolutionary.
Activity: 392
Merit: 251
February 25, 2018, 05:41:37 AM
I don't think it will die. It'll be regulated strictly thou. I think 2018 is the year of FOMO and billions of dollars will be invested into ICOs. I also believe 2018 will be the year for altcurrencies.
Activity: 224
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
February 25, 2018, 05:38:10 AM
When Cryptocurrency market is a bear market, then the blow to the ICO market is very serious, and more and more countries intend to regulatory ICO, so I think that in 2018, ICO bubble will burst.
Activity: 280
Merit: 101
February 25, 2018, 05:16:00 AM
I think in 2018 we are waiting for boom ico 2.0, because Vitalik make DAOICO and it can attract a lot of new investors.
Activity: 360
Merit: 100
February 25, 2018, 05:02:40 AM
ICO is a growing investment of today. The reach of ICO may only be known today but it really helped a lot of people for a while now. From my point of view, ICO will not die this 2018. Since it already gained familiarity to all the investors, it will still continue growing. It may change as time goes by but it won’t be terminated easily. As the crypto community continues to grow, ICO has the possibility to also continue to helping people through the investments made in this cryptocurrency.
Activity: 150
Merit: 11
February 25, 2018, 04:40:19 AM
it is unlikely that ICO in this year could die because many become millionaires because of it.
already many developments are done like using KYC when ICO.
I think it's hard to stop this madness.
I agree that ICO is only gaining momentum, in 2018 there will be much more ICOs than in 2017. There will undoubtedly be changes in this sphere that will regulate this process, the ICO will become more convenient and safe, but it will not disappear exactly.
Activity: 1876
Merit: 259
February 12, 2018, 10:13:40 AM
it is unlikely that ICO in this year could die because many become millionaires because of it.
already many developments are done like using KYC when ICO.
I think it's hard to stop this madness.
Activity: 182
February 12, 2018, 10:05:13 AM
I think that everything just started and ICO will continue to grow. Why? Because SEC and others will approve it as legitimate form of collecting funds.
I have similar thoughts, the kickstarter project is alive, so ICO will also exist. Perhaps the elements of state regulation will somehow change the ICO, but they definitely will not die.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 504
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
February 11, 2018, 08:55:21 AM
I think that everything just started and ICO will continue to grow. Why? Because SEC and others will approve it as legitimate form of collecting funds.
Activity: 460
Merit: 100
February 11, 2018, 08:52:33 AM
I do not think so

For me ico is very hard to die because of many people want to join a ico and ico is very nice of people because of theres a chance to become a rich with joining a ico so that impossible to be die.like me im joining a ico because maybe i have a chance to earn a money with joining a ico.the important of joining a ico is patience because theres a campaign is longer give a token.ico is very helpful in every one because of many peope end a poverty so that never end the ico.
Jump to: