Author

Topic: Will ICO die in 2018? - page 129. (Read 11540 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 100
January 12, 2018, 07:17:17 AM
How can die that, then bring easy money? Of course not. Companies will pay more attention to the nuances, comply with laws, pay taxes, and bear greater responsibility to investors. Sooner or later, the ICO can turn into IPO.
Activity: 61
Merit: 0
January 12, 2018, 07:16:47 AM
On the contrary, we have to expect a lot of ICO project this year. Because a lot of money who earned from the bitcoin boom last year will surely try to create their own coins in the market.
Activity: 59
January 12, 2018, 07:03:25 AM
I don't think cryptos should be mixed with startups/kickstarters. Cryptos should be trustless, transparent and decentralized

I agree (half a month later), but since Bitcoin (and ETH/XRP) made a lot of people very rich in real money up to this point, the borders have pretty much fallen by now. Crypto was a good idea before people tried to make profit of it.
Activity: 230
Merit: 10
January 12, 2018, 07:01:37 AM
Ico and cryptocurrencies were in the early days of gaining popularity, so it won't come to an end in a short time period. I believe the ongoing year to be a bigger year for ico's and altcoins to progress in a large scale along with bitcoin.
Activity: 522
Merit: 101
January 12, 2018, 06:57:35 AM
On the contrary, in 2018 there will be an ICO boom. The market has come a lot of money, they will have to go somewhere. Many of those who made a profit on the growth of exchange rates are investing part of the profits in ICO. So I think the total investment in ICO will only grow.
Activity: 17
January 12, 2018, 06:55:01 AM
While ICO will bring money to its developers, it won't die Grin

Good point! Only will improve the quality of tghe offer!  Wink
Activity: 275
Merit: 104
January 11, 2018, 07:24:04 PM
No, ICOs will not die this year. In fact, the number of ICOs this year are increasing. Yes, there are ICOs who are scammers. We cannot avoid scammers in this world. But, there are still good ICOs out there that have a good project to be implemented or had already been implemented which makes them to have a good future.
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
dApps Development Automation Platform
January 11, 2018, 07:23:33 PM
No one really knows if ico will die this year or what. There are some icos that haven't delivered what they promised
But there are also some that did so let is not generalize things. I think one of the thogns that we can do to do away or avoid those kinds of icos is to research about the campaign first before joining. But then again, it is a risk. As for
Me, i don't thin ico will end soon or this year even since the number pf people who are quite interested in the crypto community and investors are increasing which means there will be more projects popping out soon.
Activity: 448
January 11, 2018, 07:21:05 PM
What do you mean die? Everyone can't stop that is unstopable. Even all govt ban ICO, the crypto wor;d still continue to grow. Like or dislike a smart govt should embrace ICO developers. Hope there will be legitimate ICOs in 2018 and legal ICOs.
Activity: 207
January 11, 2018, 07:17:34 PM
ICOs are great decentralized investment mechanism for technology development. Previously money were raised from experienced investors.
Today money are raised from simple people giving a possibility even for very risky projects to get their chance.
Activity: 126
Merit: 90
January 11, 2018, 07:12:19 PM
While ICO will bring money to its developers, it won't die Grin
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
January 11, 2018, 02:04:44 PM
I hope the ICO craze will end soon.
I don't think cryptos should be mixed with startups/kickstarters. Cryptos should be trustless, transparent and decentralized, ICOs are none of those things so using a blockchain platform doesn't really offer any benefits to them, in fact just giving a bad name to cryptos.

I dont think by the same way as you, icos are a good thing after all.

Maybe without them, there would not even be a quarter of all the altcoins that are on the top 20 at the moment.

Yes,ICOs have been found to be the best way for raising funds for new projects as well as existing companies.Even institutional companies have started to enter the ICO market for raising funds.We should not come in to the conclusion that ICOs would die on just seeing some scam ICO projects.There are some promising ICOs too.
Activity: 166
January 11, 2018, 01:22:09 PM
I hope the ICO craze will end soon.

I don't think cryptos should be mixed with startups/kickstarters. Cryptos should be trustless, transparent and decentralized, ICOs are none of those things so using a blockchain platform doesn't really offer any benefits to them, in fact just giving a bad name to cryptos.

But a lot of crypto-newbies gamble with them thinking they know what they're doing and that crypto is all about pumping and dumping random "projects". These people ignore, or not even aware what crypto stands for and just giving a bad name to it. And they will eventually get burned and hate cryptos altogether. Profits aren't made from nothing, it comes from other people's losses.

thumbs up!
Activity: 350
January 11, 2018, 01:21:53 PM
Disclaimer: The text below is a personal opinion of the author. If you have a different opinion, please share it

ICO causes more and more distrust - thanks to the scammers. At this point, companies that produce and sell tokens are more focused on the product. The product is being developed and improved. And all before the token sale.

The fact is: those companies that enter the token market with a readymade product are more trustworthy. Now, few people are interested in a company that launches ICO just to make a name and earn a lot of money.

ICO is a serious campaign. It requires great resources and professionalism.

There are many companies on this path. Recently, Pavel Durov announced the creation of a light wallet and the release of the Gram token on the Telegram platform. Here is another example - KickCity, a company that has existed for two years. KickCity is engaged in the development of the event industry and issues a KCY token for further expansion of the company.

Totally aggreed, and a company is team and its advisors as well, if a company has a seroius and large team from different backgrounds and professional experiences that would make the ICO be successfull.
Activity: 33
January 11, 2018, 01:21:22 PM
No, i dont think that they will die. This year hopefully we will see alot of ICOs with a working product.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 586
January 11, 2018, 01:05:16 PM
No ICOs will not die in 2018. Hope there will be less shitty ICO. Because need some rules to start ICO. ICO will became more profitable and more KYC will be required to join it.
Maybe some of them will die but the others will stay and grow more, like my ICO that I joined it will grow and it is LIVE STARS because there project is promising, also if you are into their team you can be a profited to there project and your coin will be doubled.
hah
Activity: 183
January 11, 2018, 12:59:02 PM
As long as ICO is going to continue making money for the devs it's not going to die.

There are also too many people looking to make a quick buck right now going after ICOs.
Activity: 644
Merit: 271
January 11, 2018, 12:55:05 PM
By the way all the countries are banning ICOs, I don't think that ICOs are gonna survive in the coming years but I think that it's not gonna die in 2018, it's gonna take a few more time for the people to know that not all ICOs are worthy of investments.

It's not going to die clearly, it's a concept that attract high demand. You may love ir or not, but some people see ICO as a way of getting rich. That's why they will keep investing in different ICOs.
Activity: 158
January 11, 2018, 12:51:20 PM
Maybe yes, maybe no. because there is a news or statements from USA countries that bounty ICO harm the company because bounty hunter damage the price on ICO coin like dump token price. but I think ICO will still exist whatever happens because bounty hunter promote on social media about bitcoin that's why bitcoin be more popular than before
Activity: 164
January 11, 2018, 12:25:08 PM
I dont think anyone here wants ICOs to die since it can bring a nice profit to those who invest and also to developers. Until it brings money, it will work.
Jump to: