Author

Topic: Will ICO die in 2018? - page 141. (Read 11540 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 10
January 04, 2018, 04:58:48 AM
I suppose that ICOs in 2018 will move to a new level. The amount of project will be reduced, but the quality should be improved for sure. Moreover I guess that in 2018 ETH will share the place of the top ICO platform with NEM, NEO and other projects.

yeah, I hope that the quality should improve because most of the ico's today are scamming their participants of campaign and because of that more and more people are getting tired of promoting those icos.
Activity: 728
Merit: 100
January 04, 2018, 04:55:59 AM
I think a lot of ico are coming out and start it's a sign of a lot of interest for someone to crypto and will bring in a lot of funds into ico so ico can continue and its investment can grow well.
Activity: 214
January 04, 2018, 04:53:29 AM
ICO's will stick around but will become heavily regulated at some point in 2018 I feel. Waaaay too many scams & poor projects doing ICO's at the moment as it's seen as an easy way to make a huge amount of money quickly.
Activity: 504
January 04, 2018, 04:37:18 AM
lol... there are thousands new projects are introduced every day. Most of them are good projects which provide good services such as Bitclave, Centra, Playkey,... you should spend your time to research to undertand clearly.
You are absolutely right in your thoughts, of course the ICO process will not die and will not go anywhere, but eventually it will be regulated by the state, I think it will be so. Because they can collect a lot of taxes on this.
Activity: 99
January 03, 2018, 07:57:25 PM
Icos will never die because crypto world will alway need new coins to stay a live. New projects and Icos will bring more attention to markets. Everyone will benefit from this.
Activity: 157
January 03, 2018, 07:54:48 PM
CryptoCurrencies which are empty tokens , will probably die, but ICOs will rise and rise because ICOs have real value behind their token, not just thin air.
Some ICO have fail, some ICO have bad groups, but we are just on the very begging of this, newbie users buy wrong ICOs and then argue that all ICOs are scams etc.
ICOs are the future of Crypto Community and we have to support them. Choose wisely !
Activity: 198
January 03, 2018, 07:39:58 PM
I think that ICOs will not die, their implementation is modified, threre will be a mechanism that reduces the number of scams of projects. Then people will trust them and see a good mechanism for investing funds
I hope also. But there is a fear that with increasing popularity among people about ICOs, the number of scam projects will be increased by attracted scammers who love fast free money. And ICO's will not be allowed in many countries
Activity: 495
You have to get what you want your own way.
January 03, 2018, 06:40:40 PM
I don't think ICO will die this 2018 but a rather will be the year of ICO, where lots of ICO will pop up and cryptocurrencies will rain, especially now that we're entering an Era where everything runs in the internet. I'm pretty sure that lots of ICO will line up this year and lets look forward to it.
Activity: 413
Merit: 17
January 03, 2018, 06:17:09 PM
I think ICO's have to evolve as they just get too much money up front.  Fuck me in real world,  would you ever believe such a story..  "I am going to build the biggest ark in the world to save all the animals, so give me loads of money.  I promise that animals can walk on two-by-two.  It then turns out you get a tug boat..but it is gold plated with the left over gold paper for Noah ark real house!"  

I firmly believe that we will see the better ICO's offering money back, managed by an indepent body (I'm up for it ;-) , if they do not deliver.  Or they have to hit certain milestones before they can draw more money from the fund.

On a more serious note there is plenty of liquidity at the moment but local governments will clamp down!

The logic is quite simple either the ICO's regulate themselves or they will be regulated.  

If they are smart then they will choose the former option!

Activity: 328
Merit: 39
January 03, 2018, 06:02:21 PM
Well, if you mix scam mentality with lack of professionalism, you can bet that at least 90% of ICO will die next year.
But this is natural selection: after a time, it won't be rewarding to try to scam or to act in an amatorial way.
But for the moment, the situation is pretty dark.
Activity: 128
January 03, 2018, 05:57:53 PM
I think that the ICO market is saturated! 2018 may require the ICO some regulatory requirements and ways to raise funds! There is a call for an increase! And small trust projects
Activity: 1050
Merit: 529
Student Coin
January 03, 2018, 05:54:43 PM
No.It will not.There are too many that are upcoming.So i do not believe that it will die and be gone so easily.How will be investment grow now if there are new ICO 's out there?
ICO is getting more popular this days because of a lot of believers, thanks to bitcoin it has become popular first and now we can
see a real skills and talent of developers who are trying to implement their ideas into action.
But of course you also need to be careful, choose wisely as you might fall to scams, educating yourself is the first thing you have to consider.
Activity: 238
January 03, 2018, 04:27:34 PM
No.It will not.There are too many that are upcoming.So i do not believe that it will die and be gone so easily.How will be investment grow now if there are new ICO 's out there?
Activity: 130
ICO Live! betterbetting.org
January 03, 2018, 04:16:46 PM
I really think that it will never die.And i think also from my opinion that it will still grow.There are too many ICO's before and i think that it will be greater this 2018.
Activity: 154
January 03, 2018, 03:40:54 PM
I think that ICOs will not die, their implementation is modified, threre will be a mechanism that reduces the number of scams of projects. Then people will trust them and see a good mechanism for investing funds
Activity: 308
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
January 03, 2018, 03:26:33 PM
I do not think that they will die but yes it may get more difficult to participate in initial coin offerings and more countries may make strict rules like America has done for its citizens to participate in ICO's.
Activity: 714
Merit: 101
January 03, 2018, 03:22:46 PM
I think it will not die. But goverment will set and change some rules, to controle it. I think it will be right desigion.
Activity: 378
ADAB ADAB ADAB ADAB
January 03, 2018, 10:08:39 AM
Disclaimer: The text below is a personal opinion of the author. If you have a different opinion, please share it

ICO causes more and more distrust - thanks to the scammers. At this point, companies that produce and sell tokens are more focused on the product. The product is being developed and improved. And all before the token sale.

The fact is: those companies that enter the token market with a readymade product are more trustworthy. Now, few people are interested in a company that launches ICO just to make a name and earn a lot of money.

ICO is a serious campaign. It requires great resources and professionalism.

There are many companies on this path. Recently, Pavel Durov announced the creation of a light wallet and the release of the Gram token on the Telegram platform. Here is another example - KickCity, a company that has existed for two years. KickCity is engaged in the development of the event industry and issues a KCY token for further expansion of the company.

Your right more and more ico's are really scamming those people because the value of bitcoins today is keep on growing but i hope that more ico's will still came out so that there will be more work to be given on people who are having a hard time finding their job.
Activity: 294
Merit: 19
January 03, 2018, 10:04:57 AM
ICOs can't simply die out, its not that simple, ICOs are bring innovation to the forefront of our society and some of these actually work.
The more time progresses the better those few ICOs get.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
January 03, 2018, 10:04:27 AM
I partially agree with you regarding the fact that ICOs require professionalism and that many of the contemporary ones are scams. Nevertheless, I don't believe that this trend will end soon. On the contrary, I believe that it has a huge potential as it has proven itself as an efficient unconventional method for raising funds for newly-established companies. Take a look, for example, Giftz - a company, bringing rewards to the blockchain. I came across an article, in which it is said that they have recently partnered with an ICO company (BlockV) and are thinking of merging ICO usage with Augmented reality. Take a look: https://www.coinstaker.com/giftz-forms-alliance-blockv-bring-augmented-reality-loyalty-based-blockchain-program/. And this is not the only company which is currently dealing with ICOs. Thus, I don't believe that this craze will end soon - its predictions are that it will rise in 2018.
Jump to: