Author

Topic: WINGS ★ Where DAO Unicorns Are Born! ★ Token launched! - page 456. (Read 522763 times)

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027
Hi there guys!

I'm still available to do some translations. I can translate Spanish and Portuguese into English and vice versa. If you know any translation that needs to be done, please post the link here.
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
How I wonder why some dont see the potentials Wings platform will bring . Such happened because of limited information. Project managers have always stated its better to release it with minimal bugs/

We going to start posting more information about the Wings platform and increase our PR activity efforts, after the whitepaper is public.

Good news are coming. Nice work dev. PR is very essential for a project to be recognized . As innovative as Wings Platform, any fintech would be so much interested.

Thats cool... lets collect some more egg.

Be my guest . The more we support Wings Platform the more people would become interested.
Wtf  are u kidding dev ? make me angry ,,, Angry

you too? why?

i got declined too.
i put it mine as "https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/yoyoamigo-224866"
i have made more than 20+ posts after putting on WINGS sig...still have the WINGS sig...they should at least explain.

The reason was clear . Check the link he posted , it was wrong . How can the dev determine the amount of posts if the link was wrong .

HOW TO CLAIM

At the end of each month you must submit a claim to https://bounty.wings.ai by sending a link to your bitcointalk profile which will show you signature. You must have at least 20 more posts to qualify during each period. If you did not qualify for the previous period (you did not sign up) or you did not meet the requirements you must post again to have your post count confirmed. If you received the bounty in the previous period you do not need to do that, we will just add 20 post for each month from when you were confirmed.

Submissions will be accepted up until the first week of the following month.

what about my case? i am not doing it for June. i am doing it for July as mentioned by this thread:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wings-foundation-eggs-rewards-250000-wings-allocation-worth-over-100k-1501228

i want to sign up for july. what must be done for that?

[EDIT]
Oops...i think i do things too fast. LOL!

1) so when i post to the Eggs Signature Bounty Thread the number of posts i currently have, and when one of the Wings staff quote my post to confirm that i have a valid signature going to Wings.AI. --- this means i am signing up for July right?

2) And then i am to make 20+ posts (>20) and make the claim before the end of July right? So my current claim that got declined was because i claim it on 30th June and it was still June's Bounty, was it?

3) just to check - is this the right way to post the link for devs to check my profile+posts: "https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/yoyoamigo-224866"

This is my assessment:

1. correct.
2. correct.
3. correct.

Thanks for answering  Cool

Not a problem . Glad to be. Wing Plat has so much potential and you must benefits its incentives. Dont stop believing and support it . If you happen to have ideas on making a DAO, Wing  Platform will take care of it . Smiley
legendary
Activity: 952
OK Devs I've read the material on Rootstock and it is certainly very interesting.  

It seems to combine the advantages of both ethereum and bitcoin.  The thing that I am still curious about and which there is not any significant information on is the DAO structure itself which you will be using.  

I am assuming this is because that it is still to be finalised?  Would I be correct in this assumption?

This will be explained both in our whitepaper and in the following blogposts dedicated to technical and governance workings of Wings.

Being a DAO investor there are certain problems that came up almost immediately with the DAO for example regarding governance and reaching quorum etc.  One solution that had been suggested was the use of liquid democracy - I wonder if you have looked into this or are considering this?
An organisation called Backfeed was looking at liquid democracy and had a proposal on this which you may find of interest:

https://forum.daohub.org/t/backfeeds-governance-proposal-for-the-dao/2936

We are well aware of the low participation issue, hence Wings will launch with delegate (liquid) democracy from the start, specifically to avoid the voting problems The DAO had. There will be also more democracy models in future, such as predictive markets democracy, reputation democracy / meritocracy, and perhaps futarchy.

Also, we will have something we call a Flexible Governance, meaning that the used democracy model could be changed to another one following a majority vote.

Also due to the governance structure and the way voting worked in the (slock.it) DAO - splits were made a part of the process both as a guard against 51% voting attacks and to allow people to avoid supporting unethical investments.  

Yet splits and bugs/exploits related to the split process are what caused the eventual downfall of the system and crisis that exists now.  Someone previously mentioned that splits will not be possible in the Wings DAO - is this correct?  

If so is there any alternative to prevent the issue with misuse of voting power and/or unethical propositions?

Thanks and I look forward to hearing your answers.

This is correct, due to the nature of Wings being a platform for starting new DAOs, with each having it's own smart contracts and tokens (vs. The DAO decentralized VC model where there was a joint pool of funds), there won't be need of splits as the participants could just submit a proposal and vote to stop the project, refunding any remaining funds back to them. There will be naturally a protection against a "whale" holding over 50%, from proposing and voting for draining all the funds to his/her address.

We also are working on several additional mechanisms that will encourage people to participate in voting or at least to delegate their voting power to someone else, and discourage from creation of malicious proposals.

Thank you very much for the responses.  Am looking forward to investing.  Currently I'm waiting for the DAO situation to resolve. 
If I can get at least some of my ether back from that I will put them directly into Wings because it seems you have learned a lot from their failures and problems.  I suspect also that there are a lot of DAO investors who are in a similar position looking for something similar to invest in. 

Once you have the full whitepaper and details prepared I would suggest to also post it on the DAOhub forums too and have a question and answer thread-  I think it will bring a lot of people who believed in the DAO concept to invest in Wings.

It would also bring the added bonus of some of the ether from the DAO being used rather than flooding the market and crashing the price further.
Activity: 622
Merit: 504
Your only Amigo, in the World of Crypto
Wtf  are u kidding dev ? make me angry ,,, Angry

you too? why?

i got declined too.
i put it mine as "https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/yoyoamigo-224866"
i have made more than 20+ posts after putting on WINGS sig...still have the WINGS sig...they should at least explain.

The reason was clear . Check the link he posted , it was wrong . How can the dev determine the amount of posts if the link was wrong .

HOW TO CLAIM

At the end of each month you must submit a claim to https://bounty.wings.ai by sending a link to your bitcointalk profile which will show you signature. You must have at least 20 more posts to qualify during each period. If you did not qualify for the previous period (you did not sign up) or you did not meet the requirements you must post again to have your post count confirmed. If you received the bounty in the previous period you do not need to do that, we will just add 20 post for each month from when you were confirmed.

Submissions will be accepted up until the first week of the following month.

what about my case? i am not doing it for June. i am doing it for July as mentioned by this thread:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wings-foundation-eggs-rewards-250000-wings-allocation-worth-over-100k-1501228

i want to sign up for july. what must be done for that?

[EDIT]
Oops...i think i do things too fast. LOL!

1) so when i post to the Eggs Signature Bounty Thread the number of posts i currently have, and when one of the Wings staff quote my post to confirm that i have a valid signature going to Wings.AI. --- this means i am signing up for July right?

2) And then i am to make 20+ posts (>20) and make the claim before the end of July right? So my current claim that got declined was because i claim it on 30th June and it was still June's Bounty, was it?

3) just to check - is this the right way to post the link for devs to check my profile+posts: "https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/yoyoamigo-224866"

This is my assessment:

1. correct.
2. correct.
3. correct.

Thanks for answering  Cool
Activity: 840
Merit: 523
Turn your financial ideas into reality
OK Devs I've read the material on Rootstock and it is certainly very interesting.  

It seems to combine the advantages of both ethereum and bitcoin.  The thing that I am still curious about and which there is not any significant information on is the DAO structure itself which you will be using.  

I am assuming this is because that it is still to be finalised?  Would I be correct in this assumption?

This will be explained both in our whitepaper and in the following blogposts dedicated to technical and governance workings of Wings.

Being a DAO investor there are certain problems that came up almost immediately with the DAO for example regarding governance and reaching quorum etc.  One solution that had been suggested was the use of liquid democracy - I wonder if you have looked into this or are considering this?
An organisation called Backfeed was looking at liquid democracy and had a proposal on this which you may find of interest:

We are well aware of the low participation issue, hence Wings will launch with delegate (liquid) democracy from the start, specifically to avoid the voting problems The DAO had. There will be also more democracy models in future, such as predictive markets democracy, reputation democracy / meritocracy, and perhaps futarchy.

Also, we will have something we call a Flexible Governance, meaning that the used democracy model could be changed to another one following a majority vote.

Also due to the governance structure and the way voting worked in the (slock.it) DAO - splits were made a part of the process both as a guard against 51% voting attacks and to allow people to avoid supporting unethical investments.  

Yet splits and bugs/exploits related to the split process are what caused the eventual downfall of the system and crisis that exists now.  Someone previously mentioned that splits will not be possible in the Wings DAO - is this correct?  

If so is there any alternative to prevent the issue with misuse of voting power and/or unethical propositions?

This is correct, due to the nature of Wings being a platform for starting new DAOs, with each having it's own smart contracts and tokens (vs. The DAO decentralized VC model where there was a joint pool of funds), there won't be need of splits as the participants could just submit a proposal and vote to stop the project, refunding any remaining funds back to them. There will be naturally a protection against a "whale" holding over 50%, from proposing and voting for draining all the funds to his/her address.

We also are working on several additional mechanisms that will encourage people to participate in voting or at least to delegate their voting power to someone else, and discourage from creation of malicious proposals.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
How I wonder why some dont see the potentials Wings platform will bring . Such happened because of limited information. Project managers have always stated its better to release it with minimal bugs/

We going to start posting more information about the Wings platform and increase our PR activity efforts, after the whitepaper is public.

Good news are coming. Nice work dev. PR is very essential for a project to be recognized . As innovative as Wings Platform, any fintech would be so much interested.

Thats cool... lets collect some more egg.

legendary

It seems to combine the advantages of both ethereum and bitcoin.  The thing that I am still curious about and which there is not any significant information on is the DAO structure itself which you will be using. 

I am assuming this is because that it is still to be finalised?  Would I be correct in this assumption?

Being a DAO investor there are certain problems that came up almost immediately with the DAO for example regarding governance and reaching quorum etc.  One solution that had been suggested was the use of liquid democracy - I wonder if you have looked into this or are considering this?

Yet splits and bugs/exploits related to the split process are what caused the eventual downfall of the system and crisis that exists now.  Someone previously mentioned that splits will not be possible in the Wings DAO - is this correct? 

legendary
I don't think that it will experience the same fate either, just that it will be harder to convince people to trust this enough to put their money in - not wanting that to be true, and thinking that those people would be wrong to ignore Wings because of what happened to The DAO doesn't change that fact. Recognizing it and talking about what can be done may change that fact.

Also I disagree that 'DAO' is just a marketing gimmick: its an actual thing not just a word.

Sensible points.  Like it or not perception is a huge part of crypto valuation right now (just like the stock markets) so just ignoring these kind of issues would be foolish.

Right now in addition to the DAO/ETH crisis there is also the BTC block halving issue/price instability and there is also a lot of ICO fatigue from the large amount of recent ICOs. 

All of this should be considered before making a hasty launch.

Ops sudden flip flops are not good thing . It shows inconsistency and does not all about the project. What did I tell you ? Beggars do flip flopping . 

Flip flops - lol.  What a wanker.  Every time he posts he shows himself to be a moron.  I tried to be nice but you can't reason with 12 year olds I suppose.
I don't think that it will experience the same fate either, just that it will be harder to convince people to trust this enough to put their money in - not wanting that to be true, and thinking that those people would be wrong to ignore Wings because of what happened to The DAO doesn't change that fact. Recognizing it and talking about what can be done may change that fact.

Also I disagree that 'DAO' is just a marketing gimmick: its an actual thing not just a word.

Sensible points.  Like it or not perception is a huge part of crypto valuation right now (just like the stock markets) so just ignoring these kind of issues would be foolish.

Right now in addition to the DAO/ETH crisis there is also the BTC block halving issue/price instability and there is also a lot of ICO fatigue from the large amount of recent ICOs. 

All of this should be considered before making a hasty launch.

Ops sudden flip flops are not good thing . It shows inconsistency and does not all about the project. What did I tell you ? Beggars do flip flopping . 
legendary
If the DAO hack/exploit has shown anything it is that you cannot 100% trust code.  Anything created by humans is subject to errors, bugs and unforeseen exploits.

What mechanisms do the Wings team have in place to prevent something like this happening with the Wings DAO?  For example will there be human failsafe mechanisms?

It would be very useful to know this as as security is going to be at the top of the agenda for many investors.

For starters we going to use RootStock federated security, about which you can read in the recent interview with them (https://media.consensys.net/2016/05/19/smart-contracts-are-coming-to-bitcoin/).
This will enable check-pointing and rolling back any malicious transaction, even if the contract had a security hole.

We have additional protection measures planned we going to implement as part of Wings own multi-blockchain decentralized oracle.

Thank you.  I will give it a read when I have some free time.  It is refreshing to see a team thinking about things carefully and not rushing as the creators of the Slock.it DAO seemed to have done (at least with hindsight).
Activity: 406
www.cryptocompare.com
What makes Wings different and better than The DAO?

cmon, read the OP, website and so on... despite being a DAO wings is very different
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
What makes Wings different and better than The DAO?

If the DAO hack/exploit has shown anything it is that you cannot 100% trust code.  Anything created by humans is subject to errors, bugs and unforeseen exploits.

What mechanisms do the Wings team have in place to prevent something like this happening with the Wings DAO?  For example will there be human failsafe mechanisms?

It would be very useful to know this as as security is going to be at the top of the agenda for many investors.

For starters we going to use RootStock federated security, about which you can read in the recent interview with them (https://media.consensys.net/2016/05/19/smart-contracts-are-coming-to-bitcoin/).
This will enable check-pointing and rolling back any malicious transaction, even if the contract had a security hole.

We have additional protection measures planned we going to implement as part of Wings own multi-blockchain decentralized oracle.
Activity: 406
www.cryptocompare.com

at least there won't be any splitting which makes it 99% safer than The DAO
legendary

So cool badges . Collect all you can block chain enthusiast. Limited supply only. Support Wings Platform
legendary
See what I mean. It's pretty obvious. I raise my case.It is not my level to understand such moron.

Yes it is hard to understand this Jjizz character.  He is so desperate to pretend he is someone important.  Perhaps the Wings team will let you polish their shoes when the coin launches.
Jump to: