Author

Topic: WINGS ★ Where DAO Unicorns Are Born! ★ Token launched! - page 506. (Read 522763 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
quite interesting will wait for more info.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Good for you. This particular project looks intriguing, but the fellas have taken on lot of work. I'm not that technical, but their wish-list looks like a huge coding job.

It's not our first project in the crypto-space, and our lead developer Boris Povod has already proven himself creating a whole new blockchain platfrom (Crypti, now known as Lisk) from scratch with very limited resources.

Additionally thanks to commercial structure of company behind Wings (ChainLab), we are able to bring expert advisers from the crypto-community in order to accelerate our development times.

Our roadmap is structured such way to enable an early launch, with new capabilities added via following short iterations.

Thanks for the detailed answer.
Activity: 840
Merit: 523
Turn your financial ideas into reality

Bitmain invests in ChainLab, developers of Wings, to accelerate blockchain innovation

Seed funding to be used for development of Ethereum and RootStock based decentralized network for DAO management using artificial intelligence chat bots.

TEL AVIV (PRWEB) MAY 26, 2016
ChainLab, developer of Wings, a decentralized network for creation, participation and management of Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (DAO), announced today a strategic undisclosed seed investment from Bitmain Technology, the world’s largest bitcoin hardware mining producer. The funds will be used to advance the development of Wings platform prior to the Wings DAO launching, which is expected to occur by the end of Q2 2016.

Read More http://www.prweb.com/releases/2016/05/prweb13435779.htm#!
Activity: 690
Merit: 505
Cryptorials.io
Depending on how the smart contracts were built and how the DAO was run, you could always have the decision making and investing process be isolated to an actual team of expert advisers who know more about venture capital and then allow voting rights on an annual or bi-annual basis on whether or not to retain each "adviser". This would have the DAO token holders functioning more as a board, but retain the ability to have the money in the fund managed by professionals and not up to the whimsy of a bunch of juvenile internet trolls.

That's good. The combination of that and the option to customize how much you pay from tokens and how much from money raised should cover pretty much everything anyone might need. Thanks for explaining.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Depending on how the smart contracts were built and how the DAO was run, you could always have the decision making and investing process be isolated to an actual team of expert advisers who know more about venture capital and then allow voting rights on an annual or bi-annual basis on whether or not to retain each "adviser". This would have the DAO token holders functioning more as a board, but retain the ability to have the money in the fund managed by professionals and not up to the whimsy of a bunch of juvenile internet trolls.
Cryptorials.io
I would like to suggest that you give DAO creators the option to 'buy out' Wings token holders, therefore paying a fee in bitcoin / ether rather than giving tokens. The reason for this is because some creators may not want the voting power of tokens going to people who have no interest in their project or insufficient expertise to make informed decisions in regards to its future - they may prefer to control the initial distribution to get a highly engaged and knowledgeable group of token holders (eg Bitsquare is considering launching a dao, but are looking at giving tokens to people who contribute rather than selling them in an ico style sale) but these people may still be willing to pay for the service Wings provides.

This is where the ability of the DAO creator comes terms in setting the portion DAO tokens to give vs. the portion from collected funds. The creator will have a scale and be able to set how many X% DAO tokens will be issued for the Wings tokens holders, and how many Y% from the collected funds will be paid to the holders.

We also closely following and considering the new DAO emerging models such as futarchy (as it employed in Augur for example), where the DAO members are encouraged by the system to participate in the decision making.

This will be outlined in the white-paper, and we will be naturally open to the community feedback.

Oh, nice feature, thanks for the info.

Looking forward to reading the whitepaper. I'm somewhat sceptical about futarchy because a) It heavily depends on the question you ask the market and will tend to give one-dimensional results (i.e. it will only consider factors explicitly included in the question and may therefore exclude crucial extraneous factors which would otherwise inform decision making) and b) I've not yet seen a convincing argument why people with vested interests wouldn't be able to manipulate the market to suit their own agenda. But its certainly an interesting area that's worth following, and I'm open to being convinced that I'm wrong about it.
I would like to suggest that you give DAO creators the option to 'buy out' Wings token holders, therefore paying a fee in bitcoin / ether rather than giving tokens. The reason for this is because some creators may not want the voting power of tokens going to people who have no interest in their project or insufficient expertise to make informed decisions in regards to its future - they may prefer to control the initial distribution to get a highly engaged and knowledgeable group of token holders (eg Bitsquare is considering launching a dao, but are looking at giving tokens to people who contribute rather than selling them in an ico style sale) but these people may still be willing to pay for the service Wings provides.

This is where the ability of the DAO creator comes in terms  of setting the portion DAO tokens to give vs. the portion from collected funds. The creator will have a scale and be able to set how many X% DAO tokens will be issued for the Wings tokens holders, and how many Y% from the collected funds will be paid to the holders.

We also closely following and considering the new DAO emerging models such as futarchy (as it employed in Augur for example), where the DAO members are encouraged by the system to participate in the decision making.

This will be outlined in the white-paper, and we will be naturally open to the community feedback.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 252
Keep it Simple guys :)
i will keep my BTC for this project,,

i'm tottaly in  Cool

hope this project will be better than another

Cool
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
so when is ICO going to began
Cryptorials.io
what's your business model? Grin

As mentioned before, each DAO launched on the Wings DAO platform will issue a portion of it's tokens and purchase funds (defined by the DAO creator at the DAO launch), with part of it's tokens going to Wings tokens owners, and part going to ChainLab (company behind Wings).

Exact numbers will be described in the whitepaper.

ok ok
but

bitmaintech.com is not bitmain.com

I've used the short company name, I naturally meant Bitmain Tech Ltd.

From the About page, bitmain.com now also belongs to Bitmain Tech Ltd.:
https://enshop.bitmain.com/about.htm
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1012
vertex output parameter not completely initialized
There will be a PR out soon with Bitmain official endorsement
We are waiting
what's your business model? Grin

As mentioned before, each DAO launched on the Wings DAO platform will issue a portion of it's tokens and purchase funds (defined by the DAO creator at the DAO launch), with part of it's tokens going to Wings tokens owners, and part going to ChainLab (company behind Wings).

Exact numbers will be described in the whitepaper.
Where is the Official Post @bitmain.com ?

There will be a PR out soon with Bitmain official endorsement, and they also left a semi-official one in this very thread:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14895289
legendary
escrow details?

are you incorporated?

et.c., et.c.,...

The details will be forthcoming in the next few weeks.  The development team for Wings has formed a company which recently received a seed round from Bitmain.

http://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoins-biggest-miner-invests-in-wings-development-to-make-dao-mainstream
Where is the Official Post @bitmain.com ?
Good for you. This particular project looks intriguing, but the fellas have taken on lot of work. I'm not that technical, but their wish-list looks like a huge coding job.

It's not our first project in the crypto-space, and our lead developer Boris Povod has already proven himself creating a whole new blockchain platfrom (Crypti, now known as Lisk) from scratch with very limited resources.

Additionally thanks to commercial structure of company behind Wings (ChainLab), we are able to bring expert advisers from the crypto-community in order to accelerate our development times.

Our roadmap is structured such way to enable an early launch, with new capabilities added via following short iterations.
Forgive me if this was explained somewhere...

1. How will Wings make money exactly?
2. What do you anticipate the cost might look like for an interested DAO creator?
3. I understand that the platform's intended use is to allow "people to easily launch their own Decentralized Autonomous Organizations". Does this mean the platform could be used to launch a DAO with no strings attached to Wings? Or is everything done with the Wings platform forever linked to Wings?

1. Wings tokens holders will receive a portion of tokens and (if DAO creator chooses so) a portion of transferred funds from any DAO launched on Wings.

2. We still discussing this, it will be outlined in the white-paper that is currently being written.

3. Any DAO launched on Wings will have it's smart contracts managed through the Wings DAO platform, as part of the strategy to hide the complexity from DAO creators and participants and bring DAO to the mainstream.

While the smart contracts will be stored on blockchain with their full source-code in order to ensure transparency, managing these contracts manually will make little sense and involve additional learning curve for the entrepreneur or company, who will be focused on delivering their product as part of the DAO agreement in the first place.
Hope this won't be a repeat of the LISK launch.

I hope so as well. New project that will be launching will surely learn from what happened with LISK.
But first we need to know more details - when they plan to start ICO & for how long & any early bonuses & how much?
And also considering that Bitmain already invested an "undisclosed sum".

We have tracked the Lisk launch carefully and will naturally learn from their experience.
A bounty plan is in planning, which details we will post soon.

As per Bitmain, we have already mentioned in past that deal is equity-only in company behind Wings (ChainLabs), and will not involve the Wings DAO tokens themselves.
legendary
maybe dev is too busy to answer all these question ,,,

Huh Huh Huh
Public relations (PR) is the practice of managing the spread
of information between an individual or an organization and the public.

Dominik Zynis
Marketing & Communications
In the Crypto scene since 2012 and has a long background
in software marketing and communications (Mastercoin/Omni Protocol, Siemens/eMeter, Oracle, JSON)

https://wings.ai/
TEAM

https://twitter.com/chloregy

prophetx

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/prophetx-90917
maybe dev is too busy to answer all these question ,,,

Huh Huh Huh

We will post soon the first update in our blog answering on most of these questions.
Jump to: