Pages:
Author

Topic: WinMiner v1.126a - auto switch windows app for multi miner optimization - page 8. (Read 101126 times)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0
OK, the e-mail problem is fixed now and i managed to do the withdrawal.

However, another thing i notice is that when i run the pc in full benchmark mode winminer sometimes erroneously switches to GBX and mines it for a few minutes, but with an erroneously reported very high price, then after 3-4 minutes the price drops down to half and it continues to mine for a while, then stops the miner and start something else. This has also happened with some other coins in the past. I think it is loosing money that way, since it is restarting the miners too often and sometimes in the daily graph i see that the money earned drop down to almost zero (for a timeframe of 10 minutes), then raise back to normal.

How does everybody run their miners? In full benchmark mode or automatic mode? Has anyone compared these modes?
I would definitely be interested in the Linux version, as long as it had the same functionality and miners with the current one. Many people would like to get rid of windows installations and use a light linux one.

Another thing i would like to have is a mobile application to see balance and miners running etc. Just the basic functionality, like it is now in the web view. When do you expect to roll that out?

Third, i see that there is a problem with money withdrawal to paypal. I have tried twice to do it but the confirmation email takes too long to arrive and i just miss the 10 minute window!! My email has no problem, i've checked it many times. So, please, could you increase time margin to 15 or 20 minutes?

Thanks
Activity: 423
Merit: 105
Guys - thank you all for sharing the very important feedback!!

A couple of updates:

(1) We are considering different ways for how we can continue offering the hedged US balance route while also offering a 100% crypto route. Two separate products or route selection within the same product are being considered - please keep sharing thoughts and ideas on how you would like to see that.
(2) Updates - feedback on auto updates is noted. Two things we would like to do here: (a) Users who experienced down time during an auto update session - we would like to understand what went wrong for you - please reach out to support ([email protected]) so we can figure this out and solve this. (b) We intend to have two types of updates - critical (which will autoupdate) and non-critical (which will prompt you to manually update when convenient for you) - we are getting this down to the drawing table  Smiley
(3) Linux version of WinMiner - progress on its development is very good and we have two requests for you guys on this issue: (a) Anyone who wants to be part of a test group that will get the version for testing and feedback - please write to support. (b) Please let us know which miner softwares are you using on Linux and would like to see in the WinMiner Linux version.

Thanks again for all your help and looking forward to your feedback!!     

Activity: 2
I am rather happy with the $ option, but would also be interested in a more profitable method.
Activity: 19
I'd like to see advance notices here of when new versions will roll out instead of waking up in the morning, seeing it's been updated and that my connection has dropped or the program has froze. Then fixing the issue, and coming on here several hours later with a note from the team saying it was updated.. well.. duh!! Have lost several hours of mining time because of this. I understand the complexities of rolling out the updates and individual results may vary, but an advance notice would really really be helpful so that we can look out and prepare for it.
Thanks for clarifying a few things Team Winminer. It is good for us to know! Smiley

However, i still cannot fully understand why my reported earnings have gone up by just 10-20%, while the ubq price has gone up by more than 60%. Mining hashrate is the same for me, so it should have gone up more. Can somebody else compare his earnings for the last few days?

Also, i have noticed that the real earnings are less than the estimation and that is because the miner is restarting too often! If i stare at it it often restarts every now and then and still mines the same coin again. I am using full benchmark mode. Is this normal? If i zoom in the daily earnings the graph is not constant at all and goes up and down a lot! (sorry couldn't find a way to post a picture here...).

Should i use full benchmark mode or the recommended auto mode? Does anyone have experience with this? I noticed that the full benchmark mode may sometimes enable the twin mining operation, but this increases card temperatures a lot...

As a small miner i am only interested in getting Euros, but other people would find it nice to have BTC or litecoin options, so yes, it would be nice!

Finally, when a new version is out, i try to restart my PCs, as the program crashes or doesn't work properly. So, same issues for me too!

Keep up the good work guys. We would like to see new things from you!
Activity: 10
Highly appreciate the openness of Winminer to explain what's happening to the Team as a whole.
People need to understand that there will always be problems with any kind of product given when it comes to mining.
Glad to see that at least the Winminer team is openly accessible and is seeing our issues and working on it.

As for the payment options, I'm trying to think of acceptable compromises for everyone especially since there are a lot who still want the way things are right now and also some that want higher returns thru crypto payments.
I agree with eclark5483 with having a choice for USD exchanges or crypto exchanges, however I think it will only raise issues in the long run if it's in two separate apps since one could just download and run both at the same time in the same system and cause problems for themselves and the Team.
So I suggest maybe having a tab in the settings to show your current balance in either USD or BTC(or whichever payout currency available) and have them only payout whichever is shown in their balance. USD exchange for those showing USD, and crypto exchange for those showing BTC/ETH/BCH/LTC.

It would be even better if we could choose crypto exchanges and there were still a way to hedge the mined balance to have a mix of the way things are with better returns in the future.
anyone have the problem on winminer ?

already 2 day that my miner is mining , but i did not earn any money on it , i keep on getting benchmarking Sad
I noticed on mine, any time they roll out a new update, I get the same issue. What I do now, every time there is a new updated version installed, I clear my benchmark results. Have not had issue on any of my rigs since following this practice. If I don't do it though. I notice that the program will sometimes either crash or drop connection on my wi-fi. Was getting frustrated for a while, thought it was my wi-fi adapter. I can't drill holes to run CAT5 so wi-fi is my only option, tried a different brand adapter.. same results, but after clearing benchmark results after every new version, I've been rock solid stable. Don't know if this applies to your problem, but it's at least worth a try.
Activity: 20
anyone have the problem on winminer ?

already 2 day that my miner is mining , but i did not earn any money on it , i keep on getting benchmarking Sad
Activity: 312
Merit: 250
Graphic Designer & Programmer
We would really like to know if you be interested in a 100% crypto WinMiner type service (balance in BTC, withdrawals only in crypto) if it offered higher estimated returns (by giving up the hedging and USD withdrawal methods)?

I would be interested in a coin only payment option. However I'd be more interested in payment to LTC, BCH or ETH than BTC.

SkyViper
Same here. Would also love to see WAVES added as an option.
Activity: 262
Merit: 101
For me a payout in Euro would be nice. But the System now is not that bad where you can choose what you want.
Why not 2 winminer apps (or even settings)? 1 that does USD exchanges for the user, and 1 that is dedicated for coin only. The user can select this option in the initial setup, or in the settings panel.
Activity: 48
We would really like to know if you be interested in a 100% crypto WinMiner type service (balance in BTC, withdrawals only in crypto) if it offered higher estimated returns (by giving up the hedging and USD withdrawal methods)?

I would be interested in a coin only payment option. However I'd be more interested in payment to LTC, BCH or ETH than BTC.

SkyViper
Activity: 36
Yes for me, then I would more than likely bring both of my rigs back to winminer.
I have a question now:
How does winminer exchange/sell the coins we are mining? Is it selling them real-time? Is it holding them and exchange when it is better?
I got this question because lately i am looking at the earnings vs the coins price at the current moment/day and i can't figure out how winminer is reporting earnings. For example yesterday UBQ coin went up by 40-60 % and stayed there for a few hours, while at the same time winminer was mining it for almost the same price as the previous day!! And finally my daily earnings were lower than the previous day!! So i am wondering.... is it selling the coins at a suggested or expected price and keep a safe margin for them?
Does anyone have a clue about all these? Maybe this is why other miners get a 20% higher income, compared to winminer.
Thanks.

Thanks for bringing up this question - It is a great opportunity to elaborate on what is happening behind the scenes in the WinMiner operation, and believe us, there is no dull moment there.... Smiley

The first thing that is important to understand is that WinMiner is an ambitious project that aims at making the mining experience as efficient and as simple to enjoy as possible.
Mining, exchanging and turning to fiat is not that simple at all, there is no manual to it, it does not necessarily work as one can anticipate, exchanges and other partners get hacked or go on long maintenance periods every now and then, to name a few of the hurdles needed to be addressed...

WinMiner seamlessly does all of the following for its users -

- Optimize the mining process on users machines
- Operate pools for all the mined coins
- Provide a real time estimate for the value of the mined work
- Auto hedge mining profits (in USD) for WinMiner users - so that their balance does not shrink when BTC does (which happens quiet alot lately in services that use BTC as balance currency)
- Collect the mined coins
- Hedge mined coin price for coins that take hours for their maturity e.g. ZEN
- Manage multiple accounts with different exchanges and exchange mined coins into BTC
- Exchange BTC into USD
- Allow for withdrawal at any time (once a very low min balance is achieved)
- Support and maintain a wide selection of withdrawal methods

there is more, but you get the drift.. Smiley

Now on top of all the above lets look at a couple of the things that can go wrong, and they very often do so -
(1) Mining an "uncle" - sometimes the block reward for mining comes up, according to the coin protocol, considerably smaller than a standard block - that means lower mining return - e.g. ETH, ETC, UBQ etc..
(2) Some coins take a long time to mature - e.g. ZEN, ZEC - it could be several hours until the block is recieved. During that time prices may go up or down and no sale can be made..
(3) Some coins can not be sold for a long period of time - e.g. the leading exchange for ETN was on a very long (weeks) maintenance for that coin which poses a huge price exposure
(4) Hacker attacks on our platform (which happen a lot lately..)
(5) Artificial manipulation of coin mining difficulty and other attacks such as self mining (this deserves a separate post..) which may create a sharp misfit between estimated reward and value of work
and believe us there are much more...

All the above is to say, that we work very hard to make our users' life very easy and to offer a service with features like no other. We are committed to keep on doing that for you all, though we can not do magic - we can not overcome all the hurdles the crypto space throws at miners, hedge balances offer multiple withdrawals in USD and crypto and still match a theoretical number coming from a mining profitability calculator that sometimes uses not the most updated market data and always assume a frictionless perfect world.

A final comments:

When you do comparisons - make sure you compare apples to apples (e.g. is your balance hedged against BTC price drop? is USD withdrawals offered or is it only BTC? can you withdraw anytime? what is the min. withdrawal amount? how many withdrawal options you have, etc.).

We want your feedback
winminers,
Let your voice be heard!
Team WinMiner
XRM-Stack is not very good. Atm I use Cast XMR any my RX570 has a Hashrate between 810-880 H/s and my Vega 56 has 1920-1960 H/s. On Stack all Cards have unter 800 H/s. Maybe you can put Cast XRM into winminer for Monero mining.
Cast XMR is already part of WinMiner  Smiley
If you have any issues with XMR Stak you can easily disable it in the miners tab.
We are waiting for Cast XMR to add Cryptonight Heavy support (for supporting Sumokoin)
Next on WinMiner's list for this family - XMrig , stay tuned Smiley

I can't see Cast XMR on my list. Maybe because of my RX550?
I have a question now:
How does winminer exchange/sell the coins we are mining? Is it selling them real-time? Is it holding them and exchange when it is better?

I got this question because lately i am looking at the earnings vs the coins price at the current moment/day and i can't figure out how winminer is reporting earnings. For example yesterday UBQ coin went up by 40-60 % and stayed there for a few hours, while at the same time winminer was mining it for almost the same price as the previous day!! And finally my daily earnings were lower than the previous day!! So i am wondering.... is it selling the coins at a suggested or expected price and keep a safe margin for them?

Does anyone have a clue about all these? Maybe this is why other miners get a 20% higher income, compared to winminer.

Thanks.
Concerning hash rates and payment in real money i have to say that i did some basic tests to find out how efficient winminer was. I tested nicehash for a few minutes and then run winminer and compared the money they both claimed to make. Winminer was slightly less (but in one occasion it was slightly more!), but not as much as 10-20 %. Maybe just a few percent.

In order to be able to test this in real life you have to mine a specific coin and see how many coins you make in one day. This is the only way to test the efficiency! Otherwise if you look at the money made each minute it changes every half an hour or so... Even more, in the last couple of days i see that one coin might go up and down by as much as 20-30%!!! Money making has gone down in the last 2 days by at least 30%, which is crazy. So, if we want to compare, we should look into the coins made, but winminer does not report coins. So another way is to test winminer for a few minutes, and then switch to another miner, like nicehash and compare immediately. Otherwise prices might change and the result is different!

Of course, the best thing to do is to have two identical systems and run one with Winminer and the other with Nicehash and compare the outcome after one day of use. They would run the same time and at the same exchange rates, so the comparison would be fair. Maybe someone with two identical graphics cards can do it for us and report here.

I find that winminer is useful for people who want to hash with small systems and get some money, while it might also be good for larger systems. But for serious mining setups you might be better with keeping the coins and selling them when the price is right.

There is also a fee for selling coins or exchanging them, so we should keep that in mind too.

Finally i believe that if this price plunge is continued, then most people will shut off their machines, because it is unprofitable any more, unless you do not pay for electricity. Hope the situation recovers...
I am sorry but your test for a few minutes does not validate any of your finding and it is not what I did to make my assesments.
Since NiceHash gives you real time profitability relative to the hash rate registered at the exact time you refresh your browser, which ofcourse fluctate a lot during the hours. So testing for few minutes does not give anywhere near the real life earnings you would get.

To get a clear picture you need to mine for at least  24/48 hours and then you get an average of the earnings per day, which is a proper assesment of the performance provided by the different pools or systems.
Winminer, come short of at least 20% than mining Nicehash or for example ETN, ETH at Nanopool, which I have done extensively for 6 months by now.

As per exchanging those coins per USD, EURO or else ,it hardly get more expensive than few pennies or 1 dollar in the case of BTC.
Winminer is getting a very good "cut" for doing those transactions on your behalf.
I understand they need to have a wide "spread" on order to protect themselves from fluctations, but obviosly they do it on order to protect their earnings and not giving you a fair deal.

I give you an example:
I mine ethereum directly to my wallet at Kraken exchange. I mine about 0.3 ethereum per week. Nanopool takes 1% fee then sends the ethereum directly to  my wallet at Kraken for no fee. At that point the value I get form a dedicated pool, averaging the value of the coin for the given day, is roughly 20% higher than WinMiner's. I exchange what ever amount of Ethereum I received from the pool, for exmplto to Euro, for letterally few pennies. Then I can wire Euros to my bank account for 0.15 Euro per transfer. All transaction combined with nanopool fee hardly gose above 2%. Not mentioning that software developer fee that is applied by any of the miner, it is also applyed when you use Winminer mining with Claymore, Stak, Cast etc...

This apply also for ETN mined at Nanopool, although I have to exchange it first to BTC in Cryptopia before sending it over to Kraken. The cost of it is still very minimal and gives me 18/20% more than using Winminer. BTW it takes a few minutes to do all this transactions and you can do it when ever you prefer.
I use Kraken, but you can use any reputable exchange of your liking, that has low fees for wiring in the currency you prefer.

take care!

I agree with what you said here. Just a few minutes of comparison is not drawing any safe conclusions. But i have watched the fluctuations in earnings and they do fluctuate a lot day to day, so it is not safe to run a system for 24 h using nicehash and then run it next day using winminer and compare. prices may go up or down by at least 10-15%. So the best way would be to run two identical cards or systems for one day and compare them. This would draw a safe conclusion. But unfortunately i do not have 2 systems to test.... Maybe someone else curious to find it out could do it.

For the moment i find that Winminer is an easy way for people who have a spare system and they need to mine easy and nice without all the trouble of making accounts, pools, wallets, keeping an eye on exchange rates etc. It is all too easy for you, but it might earn you less. However, if you have a serious system with many gpus then you'll have to try elsewere.

As for the XMR hardfork i am seeing that we are almost back to where it was (a bit higher, but it is diminishing.). Hope that things will get better...
XRM-Stack is not very good. Atm I use Cast XMR any my RX570 has a Hashrate between 810-880 H/s and my Vega 56 has 1920-1960 H/s. On Stack all Cards have unter 800 H/s. Maybe you can put Cast XRM into winminer for Monero mining.
Cast XMR is already part of WinMiner  Smiley
If you have any issues with XMR Stak you can easily disable it in the miners tab.
We are waiting for Cast XMR to add Cryptonight Heavy support (for supporting Sumokoin)
Next on WinMiner's list for this family - XMrig , stay tuned Smiley
As the Asic resistance intensifies (e.g. XMR, Sumokoin) we have been making the required integrations to support the upcoming hard forks, and at the same time, extend the WinMiner arsenal of miner softwares.
Say hello to v1.19a -
- XMR-stak (formerly on WinMiner for CPU only) now supports  both CPU AND GPU mining, for AMD and nVidia, for cryptonight, Cryptonight Heavy and Cryptonight V7
- Cast-XMR - updated to the latest version to support upcoming hard fork (Cryptonight and Cryptonight V7)
- Claymore CryptoNote CPU updated to the latest version
- Claymore latest GPU version integration completed and will kick in with the first block
Enjoy  Smiley
Will be interesting to see the impact of the upcoming HF on the mining difficulty for those coins and their mining profitability...
Never a dull moment in Crypto..

It is paying off nicely...

(with mining earnings that havent been seen for a while...)

Hope you are all enjoying it  Smiley

It's definitively nice to see see margins higher than 20% for a change.

Pages:
Jump to: