Pages:
Author

Topic: WinMiner v1.126a - auto switch windows app for multi miner optimization - page 9. (Read 101126 times)

Activity: 48
Merit: 0
As the Asic resistance intensifies (e.g. XMR, Sumokoin) we have been making the required integrations to support the upcoming hard forks, and at the same time, extend the WinMiner arsenal of miner softwares.
Say hello to v1.19a -
- XMR-stak (formerly on WinMiner for CPU only) now supports  both CPU AND GPU mining, for AMD and nVidia, for cryptonight, Cryptonight Heavy and Cryptonight V7
- Cast-XMR - updated to the latest version to support upcoming hard fork (Cryptonight and Cryptonight V7)
- Claymore CryptoNote CPU updated to the latest version
- Claymore latest GPU version integration completed and will kick in with the first block
Enjoy  Smiley
Will be interesting to see the impact of the upcoming HF on the mining difficulty for those coins and their mining profitability...
Never a dull moment in Crypto..

It is paying off nicely...

(with mining earnings that havent been seen for a while...)

https://i.imgur.com/khHxORS.png

Hope you are all enjoying it  Smiley

It's definitively nice to see see margins higher than 20% for a change.

https://labtech.purecomputersonline.com/labtech/transfer/tools/ss/winminer-2.jpg
Activity: 19
Wow, I can actually turn my Dell T-610 X5675 dual Xeon server back on today, nice. Not where it once was, but doing much better then the last couple months.
Activity: 423
Merit: 105
As the Asic resistance intensifies (e.g. XMR, Sumokoin) we have been making the required integrations to support the upcoming hard forks, and at the same time, extend the WinMiner arsenal of miner softwares.
Say hello to v1.19a -
- XMR-stak (formerly on WinMiner for CPU only) now supports  both CPU AND GPU mining, for AMD and nVidia, for cryptonight, Cryptonight Heavy and Cryptonight V7
- Cast-XMR - updated to the latest version to support upcoming hard fork (Cryptonight and Cryptonight V7)
- Claymore latest GPU version integration completed and will kick in with the first block
Enjoy  Smiley
Will be interesting to see the impact of the upcoming HF on the mining difficulty for those coins and their mining profitability...

It is paying off nicely...

(with mining earnings that havent been seen for a while...)

Hope you are all enjoying it  Smiley
Activity: 19
Seem to be experiencing issues, not all of my rigs are showing up on the "live" screen, but I am showing that they are mining.
Activity: 206
Concerning hash rates and payment in real money i have to say that i did some basic tests to find out how efficient winminer was. I tested nicehash for a few minutes and then run winminer and compared the money they both claimed to make. Winminer was slightly less (but in one occasion it was slightly more!), but not as much as 10-20 %. Maybe just a few percent.

In order to be able to test this in real life you have to mine a specific coin and see how many coins you make in one day. This is the only way to test the efficiency! Otherwise if you look at the money made each minute it changes every half an hour or so... Even more, in the last couple of days i see that one coin might go up and down by as much as 20-30%!!! Money making has gone down in the last 2 days by at least 30%, which is crazy. So, if we want to compare, we should look into the coins made, but winminer does not report coins. So another way is to test winminer for a few minutes, and then switch to another miner, like nicehash and compare immediately. Otherwise prices might change and the result is different!

Of course, the best thing to do is to have two identical systems and run one with Winminer and the other with Nicehash and compare the outcome after one day of use. They would run the same time and at the same exchange rates, so the comparison would be fair. Maybe someone with two identical graphics cards can do it for us and report here.

I find that winminer is useful for people who want to hash with small systems and get some money, while it might also be good for larger systems. But for serious mining setups you might be better with keeping the coins and selling them when the price is right.

There is also a fee for selling coins or exchanging them, so we should keep that in mind too.

Finally i believe that if this price plunge is continued, then most people will shut off their machines, because it is unprofitable any more, unless you do not pay for electricity. Hope the situation recovers...
I am sorry but your test for a few minutes does not validate any of your finding and it is not what I did to make my assesments.
Since NiceHash gives you real time profitability relative to the hash rate registered at the exact time you refresh your browser, which ofcourse fluctate a lot during the hours. So testing for few minutes does not give anywhere near the real life earnings you would get.

To get a clear picture you need to mine for at least  24/48 hours and then you get an average of the earnings per day, which is a proper assesment of the performance provided by the different pools or systems.
Winminer, come short of at least 20% than mining Nicehash or for example ETN, ETH at Nanopool, which I have done extensively for 6 months by now.

As per exchanging those coins per USD, EURO or else ,it hardly get more expensive than few pennies or 1 dollar in the case of BTC.
Winminer is getting a very good "cut" for doing those transactions on your behalf.
I understand they need to have a wide "spread" on order to protect themselves from fluctations, but obviosly they do it on order to protect their earnings and not giving you a fair deal.

I give you an example:
I mine ethereum directly to my wallet at Kraken exchange. I mine about 0.3 ethereum per week. Nanopool takes 1% fee then sends the ethereum directly to  my wallet at Kraken for no fee. At that point the value I get form a dedicated pool, averaging the value of the coin for the given day, is roughly 20% higher than WinMiner's. I exchange what ever amount of Ethereum I received from the pool, for exmplto to Euro, for letterally few pennies. Then I can wire Euros to my bank account for 0.15 Euro per transfer. All transaction combined with nanopool fee hardly gose above 2%. Not mentioning that software developer fee that is applied by any of the miner, it is also applyed when you use Winminer mining with Claymore, Stak, Cast etc...

This apply also for ETN mined at Nanopool, although I have to exchange it first to BTC in Cryptopia before sending it over to Kraken. The cost of it is still very minimal and gives me 18/20% more than using Winminer. BTW it takes a few minutes to do all this transactions and you can do it when ever you prefer.
I use Kraken, but you can use any reputable exchange of your liking, that has low fees for wiring in the currency you prefer.

take care!

Activity: 10
Nice! Quick action on the upcoming hardforks. This will be an interesting few weeks for mining.
Thanks for the update log and optimization TeamWinminer.  Smiley

Say hello to v1.19a -

- XMR-stak (formerly on WinMiner for CPU only) now supports  both CPU AND GPU mining, for AMD and nVidia, for cryptonight, Cryptonight Heavy and Cryptonight V7

Enjoy  Smiley

Is there something up with CRC? It's been spiking for a long time. Is it a calculation error? or real spike?
Indeed an error (it is now fixed..).
Thanks for reporting this  Smiley
CRC is still only available to our beta users
Activity: 1
Is there something up with CRC? It's been spiking for a long time. Is it a calculation error? or real spike?
The live dashboard is not working. The status page also does not appear to be updating. We have rebooted our miners and verified they are running but they are not being seen on the website.
Thanks,
SkyViper
Yes, I am not able to see my miners in the live page. I have rebooted all of mine as well and they do not show up.
Same here! Hope they sort it out soon...
Thanks for reporting and sorry for the inconvenience.
The display issue has been resolved a couple of hours ago. No share data was lost.
If anyone still has issues – please let us know
Activity: 22
Same here! Hope they sort it out soon...
Activity: 7
Yes, I am not able to see my miners in the live page. I have rebooted all of mine as well and they do not show up.
Activity: 48
The live dashboard is not working. The status page also does not appear to be updating. We have rebooted our miners and verified they are running but they are not being seen on the website.

Thanks,
SkyViper
Activity: 1
After long time I tried it again, since they have added and upgraded some miners.
It performs definitively better than before, if you know which is the best miner for your hardware and overclock it right, you can get 100% efficiency in terms of hash rates. But that is where the good stuff ends. period.

The issue is that the owners of this service keeps about 20/ to 25% of your earnings, it is not 3% as they claim, it is definitively in the region of at least 20%.
If you give your hash power to a decent altcoin pool or Nicehash, using the exact same software and producing the exact same hash rate, you will get paid 20/25% more. That is fact.
Yes Winminer offers all those "convenient" payout options, but at an hidden fee of more than 20%.

This service is only OK for those who want to mine with their PCs, when they are not using it. They use the auto mode that switch on the miner as soon as the PC get idle and can scrap few pennies here and there without worrying too much. Although your attention may get caught when you get the electricity bill...
So it is actually great for those than can use someone else computers and do not pay for the bills. At least until they get caught.

For those who has multiple GPUs systems or want to allocate hashing power 24/7 to some hardware, this service is is definitively not for them.

You're right.

If you mine ZEC with 5950H / s, it's $ 16 a day. With Nicehash 15.50 $ With WinMiner 10.64 $. There are many hidden profits for it. They are not competitive.

http://imgur.com/a/jy4fO
Activity: 262
Merit: 101
Is there a reason why I don't see Cast-XMR for my vega Cards?
Also, when there is a new update it updates automatically, but the program stops after that and i need to log in the computer and start it again.
Activity: 10
Hi, is there a way to see the update logs when there's a new update in the program, or a way to know what has been changed or added/removed with each update? I don't seem to see the team putting up update logs here in this page anymore.  Smiley
Concerning hash rates and payment in real money i have to say that i did some basic tests to find out how efficient winminer was. I tested nicehash for a few minutes and then run winminer and compared the money they both claimed to make. Winminer was slightly less (but in one occasion it was slightly more!), but not as much as 10-20 %. Maybe just a few percent.

In order to be able to test this in real life you have to mine a specific coin and see how many coins you make in one day. This is the only way to test the efficiency! Otherwise if you look at the money made each minute it changes every half an hour or so... Even more, in the last couple of days i see that one coin might go up and down by as much as 20-30%!!! Money making has gone down in the last 2 days by at least 30%, which is crazy. So, if we want to compare, we should look into the coins made, but winminer does not report coins. So another way is to test winminer for a few minutes, and then switch to another miner, like nicehash and compare immediately. Otherwise prices might change and the result is different!

Of course, the best thing to do is to have two identical systems and run one with Winminer and the other with Nicehash and compare the outcome after one day of use. They would run the same time and at the same exchange rates, so the comparison would be fair. Maybe someone with two identical graphics cards can do it for us and report here.

I find that winminer is useful for people who want to hash with small systems and get some money, while it might also be good for larger systems. But for serious mining setups you might be better with keeping the coins and selling them when the price is right.

There is also a fee for selling coins or exchanging them, so we should keep that in mind too.

Finally i believe that if this price plunge is continued, then most people will shut off their machines, because it is unprofitable any more, unless you do not pay for electricity. Hope the situation recovers...
Here is our post on this very subject 
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.31710017
(you may want to check out the differences - e.g. between a real US dollar and a theoretical estimation of one)
Activity: 206
After long time I tried it again, since they have added and upgraded some miners.
It performs definitively better than before, if you know which is the best miner for your hardware and overclock it right, you can get 100% efficiency in terms of hash rates. But that is where the good stuff ends. period.

The issue is that the owners of this service keeps about 20/ to 25% of your earnings, it is not 3% as they claim, it is definitively in the region of at least 20%.
If you give your hash power to a decent altcoin pool or Nicehash, using the exact same software and producing the exact same hash rate, you will get paid 20/25% more. That is fact.
Yes Winminer offers all those "convenient" payout options, but at an hidden fee of more than 20%.

This service is only OK for those who want to mine with their PCs, when they are not using it. They use the auto mode that switch on the miner as soon as the PC get idle and can scrap few pennies here and there without worrying too much. Although your attention may get caught when you get the electricity bill...
So it is actually great for those than can use someone else computers and do not pay for the bills. At least until they get caught.

For those who has multiple GPUs systems or want to allocate hashing power 24/7 to some hardware, this service is is definitively not for them.
Pages:
Jump to: