Pages:
Author

Topic: Wish I never bought altcoins - page 17. (Read 13790 times)

Activity: 228
Merit: 100
May 20, 2018, 01:16:35 PM
Ive been holding for 4-5 months and all my alts are way down vs bitcoin nothing but down. All top alts too.
And bitcoin, at the same time, was on the contrary going into growth. Understand the market does not revolve around one bitcoin, other coins are needed to support and allocate investments. Without them, it would be quite boring, because people do not always choose a coin only for the price, but for technology and advantages over other coins. And bitcoin in this respect is already morally obsolete.
Activity: 518
May 20, 2018, 12:57:53 PM
In my opinion, if you invest in alts with lower market cap you have way more bigger chances to increase your profit because these altcoin have more roon to grow in value. I've found many coins that increase 10 times in price(10x) , which for Bitcoin is very hard to happen because of it's already big marketcap.

Probably you made some mistake when you were choosing the altcoins. As for me, I prefer trading exactly alts: there are many of them on the market to pick from.
Activity: 532
May 17, 2018, 11:31:40 AM
Would have been much better off just leaving everything in bitcoin. Altcoins suck.
Not all altcoins suck. I make a living in trading some altcoins. And there arw so many altcoins that are out there that can be good in the future. And i hold some of them. Like ethereum. This altcoin is very good.
Activity: 350
May 17, 2018, 11:00:35 AM
There are many good projects which are exceeding the limit of bitcoin as the trader is able to do the best results in altkoina, and then in bitcoin. The bitcoin is a king, and its current value has affected all coins, but the bitcoin, besides, invested millions, has changed nothing or hasn't improved, for example, intellectual contracts could be realized as some other things which bring new coins.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 128
Vaccinized.. immunity level is full.
May 17, 2018, 10:03:03 AM
Would have been much better off just leaving everything in bitcoin. Altcoins suck.

I differ here. Prices of Altcoins are linked with BTC and whenever BTC goes up, altcoins also go up. Many have made fortunes with altcoins also. You just need to be careful while choosing altcoins, make sure it's not a shitcoin.
Activity: 309
May 17, 2018, 08:39:40 AM
Sadly one of my friends have that same feeling. He jumped into cryptocurrencies just to make money and he dropped like 1/3 in dollar value. Now he regretted getting into altcoin markets he seek for bitcoin investments.
Many people jumped into the BTC market by the end of 2017. At that time BTC prices soared to as much as $ 20,000. Many people became rich and they introduced many people to join. They came in and bought at high prices, but unexpectedly btc prices fell more than half. And now many have lost money and regretted it

Jumping into bitcoin is not a bad idea but having altcoins is also good. Sometimes altcoins are faster than bitcoin and they can give much greater profits to you compared to bitcoin profits. This is a fact to prefer altcoins.
Activity: 210
Merit: 0
May 17, 2018, 08:30:23 AM
Sadly one of my friends have that same feeling. He jumped into cryptocurrencies just to make money and he dropped like 1/3 in dollar value. Now he regretted getting into altcoin markets he seek for bitcoin investments.
Many people jumped into the BTC market by the end of 2017. At that time BTC prices soared to as much as $ 20,000. Many people became rich and they introduced many people to join. They came in and bought at high prices, but unexpectedly btc prices fell more than half. And now many have lost money and regretted it
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1148
May 16, 2018, 01:11:59 AM
In my opinion, if you invest in alts with lower market cap you have way more bigger chances to increase your profit because these altcoin have more roon to grow in value. I've found many coins that increase 10 times in price(10x) , which for Bitcoin is very hard to happen because of it's already big marketcap.
Invested in token which has low market volume is risky. That token could be go to moon or died (got delisted from exchanges). That's why just invest in some altcoins which has so-so volume trade, not too low or not too big.
Merit: 0
May 16, 2018, 12:49:56 AM
Maybe you buy Altcoin at the wrong time and buy a coin that is not quite right. So you are currently disappointed with the decision you took the other day.
In buying Coins it is necessary first to research the coins to be purchased and to analyze the market first.
Actually, if you already have Bitcoin then sell it and buy Altcoin, I think it is a less right decision. Bitcoin is better than any other coin. Make this a lesson for tomorrow to be more careful and avoid mistakes ever made.
Activity: 406
May 16, 2018, 12:03:23 AM
Merit: 10
May 15, 2018, 09:18:52 PM
Maybe you just chose the wrong coins. This is the mistake that most new traders or investors does. Like what all the guidelines says in numerous threads, invest what you can afford to lose. There are many scamcoins around so you should have taken precautions when you buy them.
Activity: 350
May 15, 2018, 07:57:54 PM
Probably, you picked the wrong coin. I, before buying an altcoin, I study coins. It is better to invest in different coins, as one can grow well, while others can not.
Activity: 203
Taking part into a monetary revolution - Priceless
May 09, 2018, 09:11:17 AM
Choosing alts above BTC was the best choice ever, did put in about 6 projects in the beginning, 4 of them made 20x in first 3 months.
Another thing that should be addressed is the ability to look on market and understand when to get in and when to reap few X from your investments and not be too late, that's the hardest part I think.
Activity: 456
May 09, 2018, 08:59:03 AM
Why did you make such a conclusion? after all, Bitcoin is growing very slow steps unlike altcoins. I think 50 percent of  portfolio can be kept in bitcoin.

That's what I do as I see bitcoin as the most established crypto of them all and I want to keep safe my investment fair. Too bad for OP for jumping easily in altcoins without proper knowledge, he thought maybe cryptos are just like candy that you can buy easily and will give you sweet tooth. I know it's a lesson learned in a hard way.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
May 09, 2018, 01:55:36 AM
very sad if I read your friend story. why do your friends blame cryptocurrency ?
but he just does not have a good base to play in the world of crypto. not inexperienced but all he hoped for was a profit of course he was a fool
Activity: 812
Merit: 250
May 09, 2018, 01:12:16 AM
Why did you make such a conclusion? after all, Bitcoin is growing very slow steps unlike altcoins. I think 50 percent of  portfolio can be kept in bitcoin.
Activity: 1590
Merit: 501
May 09, 2018, 12:59:09 AM
Sorry for you loss but there are many promising altcoins that you can invest in with potential profits and good management team. When you invest in a good altcoin, you do not have to panic as they will sure scale through their odd times and be successful. Be patient too study their broadsheet, whitepaper and other necessary informations correctly before buying it.

Exactly, investing altcoin is always high risk, it requires you to have experience and calm. Bitcoin isn't always good and altcoin is always bad, you may not be lucky when you invest in a shitcoin but you can increase x2, x3 with potential altcoins.
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
May 09, 2018, 12:31:52 AM
Altcoins help spice up trading, an Altcoin can easily pump ×4 of its value in a very short period, which Bitcoin can't be able to do. When all this is over, you'll be glad you bought those Altcoins.
Yes, I agree with your opinion, only altcoin can increase the price so, currently holding the BTC can only be used to buy other altcoin, the current holding BTC does not make a high profit. . That is why the price of BTC is gradually fluctuating less and more stable.
Merit: 1
May 08, 2018, 11:30:41 AM
I disagree if you have to throw one of them, bitcoin is a long-term investment and you can use altcoin for long-term or short-term trading, do not use it all in altcoin because it's more at risk
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
May 08, 2018, 10:58:59 AM
Sorry for you loss but there are many promising altcoins that you can invest in with potential profits and good management team. When you invest in a good altcoin, you do not have to panic as they will sure scale through their odd times and be successful. Be patient too study their broadsheet, whitepaper and other necessary informations correctly before buying it.
Pages:
Jump to: