Pages:
Author

Topic: Worst bitcoin decision you've ever made? - page 59. (Read 97039 times)

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1018
September 22, 2014, 04:20:24 PM
Oh I've made quite a few BIG mistakes when dealing with Bitcoin:
1.  Downloading Bitcoin client in 2010 and trying to send to an email address...then saying FUCK it.  I didn't take another good look at Bitcoin until late 2012.
2.  Spending 103-106.6 BTC on a Batch 3 Avalon from Yifu Guo (I STILL SHOULD FILE A LAW-SUIT AGAINST HIM.)
3.  Icarus FPGA trade-ins (16 BTC down the drain)  again to Yifu Guo
4.  Letting my friend run my GPU mine (he didn't take it seriously and machines would be down for days).

In retrospect, there were many obstacles or issues when getting into Bitcoin.  I've even received ransom emails by malicious people.

On the other-hand, the experience was quite rewarding:
-I created a very successful business
-I paid off all my debt
-I am on a track of entrepreneurship and enlightenment

All in all...a very unique and valuable life experience.

Very interesting story; the real frustrating thing is when you make a lot of money and lost/spend it all and then you don't make this kind of money anymore

If you changed your life for the better because of Bitcoin it is huge; of course it would have been better if you could have make the best out of it by being more concentrated on it and less careless

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
September 19, 2014, 02:33:10 PM
Not buying 0.1 $ btc.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
September 19, 2014, 09:20:54 AM
Oh I've made quite a few BIG mistakes when dealing with Bitcoin:
1.  Downloading Bitcoin client in 2010 and trying to send to an email address...then saying FUCK it.  I didn't take another good look at Bitcoin until late 2012.
2.  Spending 103-106.6 BTC on a Batch 3 Avalon from Yifu Guo (I STILL SHOULD FILE A LAW-SUIT AGAINST HIM.)
3.  Icarus FPGA trade-ins (16 BTC down the drain)  again to Yifu Guo
4.  Letting my friend run my GPU mine (he didn't take it seriously and machines would be down for days).

In retrospect, there were many obstacles or issues when getting into Bitcoin.  I've even received ransom emails by malicious people.

On the other-hand, the experience was quite rewarding:
-I created a very successful business
-I paid off all my debt
-I am on a track of entrepreneurship and enlightenment

All in all...a very unique and valuable life experience.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1018
September 19, 2014, 08:02:11 AM
my worst was not entering when I saw it at 100$
I should have read more about bitcoin in that moment

It is only 400$ now!

If it was a good investment then it is a good investment now, it is easier to buy now than it was at 100$ because the chances of success are much higher now than before
legendary
Activity: 938
September 19, 2014, 06:45:20 AM
Not buying enough socialxbot.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071
September 19, 2014, 05:14:44 AM
Not buying a couple hundreds in 2010  Roll Eyes

Pretty much the same for me; I was considering either buying some, or using my laptop to mine and generally play around with Bitcoin back then, but decided it was too much trouble for little gain... Roll Eyes
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Official BitFoundry Dev
September 18, 2014, 11:10:36 PM
Not keeping my BTCD bought at 1000sat...
Activity: 714
Merit: 503
September 18, 2014, 10:28:37 PM
my worst was not entering when I saw it at 100$
I should have read more about bitcoin in that moment
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
September 18, 2014, 07:31:29 PM
Not buying bitcoin on a daily basis.
Activity: 616
Merit: 250
September 18, 2014, 03:52:33 PM

RE:  Worst bitcoin decision you've ever made?

The worst decisions I have ever made concerning Bitcoin is listening to any doubters.

I have repeatedly learned to trust my own instincts and to always remain extremely patient.
The rewards for being extremely patient have been many, and any setbacks have always been
overcome by the march of time.

Had I entered Bitcoin in 2011, instead of later I would of course been much better off since
then. But had I continued to give credit to the doubters I would have never entered into Bitcoin
at all.

Today, I am much better off financially because of Bitcoin, thus displaying my own instincts as
being vastly superior to any nay saying doubters on this entire topic.

To those desiring to enter into bitcoins the best advice is to gradually dollar-cost-average your
way into them without further delays and be extremely patient while having the courage of your
own convictions.

That is what I did myself, and it's timeless, sage financial advice for all investors and speculators
too. I have purchased bitcoins, mined bitcoins, and traded alt. coins too, all for an end result of
ever more bitcoins, albeit with many a setback along the path of trading cryptocurrencies.

Just one caution, for years now, it's been most profitable to outright purchasing bitcoins. But
mining them is rewarding too, as can the ultra high risk of trading them to and from alt. coins. And
as the value of each bitcoin rises over time one's mining efforts should also prove to be rewarding
if one has done all their due diligence by choosing the most efficient miners.

I am a long term holder with a duration of at least 5 years, starting 18 months ago. In 3 1/2 years
from today I am extremely confident I will have done the correct thing by holding almost all of them
for the long term duration of 5+ years time. Lastly, because I am extremely patient, and have the
courage of my own convictions I wont be scared out of bitcoins, no matter what.

To many of us in Bitcoin this is viewed as a do or stay enslaved situation to end the banking tyranny
of our world by ushering in the DECENTRALIZED Bitcoin Monetary Revolution, and thus eventually
squeezing bankers out of the command and control of our global monetary and fiscal policies, not to
mention taking their money creation monopoly away from them.

Bitcoin is Monetary Freedom for all.

As always: Caveat emptor - let the buyer beware!
Activity: 68
Merit: 0
September 18, 2014, 02:45:53 PM
haha so many I can't count Smiley  buy high sell low Cheesy
Activity: 350
Merit: 255
September 18, 2014, 01:32:00 PM
Not selling in 4 digits when I had the chance. Was a real idiot back then. At least wasn't big enough idiot to buy at these prices.
Activity: 238
September 18, 2014, 12:56:29 PM
Bought some gh/s on cex.io.... Lose my money
Activity: 56
September 18, 2014, 12:33:38 PM
Not buying a couple hundreds in 2010  Roll Eyes
Activity: 23
September 18, 2014, 03:08:14 AM
Paid first with an unknown player. ffffck
Activity: 12
September 17, 2014, 05:13:04 AM
Buying & selling huge BTC-amounts when it was 10$ per ea. No B&H strategy, so this punished me (and lots of us as well).
STT
legendary
Activity: 4004
Merit: 1428
Catalog Websites
September 16, 2014, 05:26:00 PM
Not buying 21000000 BTC back in the day  Tongue

If you had bought all available I dont think we'd be using btc.   All these posts of losing out also means alot of btc was circulated / used which helped spread the value about and increase the market in btc ?    I think it had to be dirt cheap and rise fall a few times to raise awareness and give opportunity to get involved.     Right now BTC is falling and again it might mean more people buy who would have skipped it altogether at 1000
Activity: 924
September 16, 2014, 05:06:37 PM
This one is a no brainer. Paid roughly 3500 bitcoins for a mini rig. At the time btc was approx 8 bucks a piece. Had I held on to them, I would have become a millionaire a few times over. Had BFL shipped on time, it would been a good bet, but It was bad timing. I also should have invested into friedcats deal. I came really close, but didnt..  It seems like every investment turned out bust. the ones I turned out were the ones i should have invested in.. So, I totally believe in buying and holding..
Activity: 140
September 16, 2014, 03:29:09 PM

I bought 2 BTC just before the fall, I lost  600$ in one day   Angry
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
September 16, 2014, 02:05:34 PM
Being in 4chan and seeing a lot of guys pumping Maza, how it was going to go to the moon and so on, so I thought why the fuck not? This Payus guy looks legit. Bought about 0.15 and guess what, next morning it started to crash into oblivion.
Oh, I also could have made like 2 BTC off the little AUR i mined during the mega bubble, didnt sell because I was too fucking greedy. FML
Pages:
Jump to: