Pages:
Author

Topic: Would this be a good idea? - page 3. (Read 14816 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io
October 30, 2016, 12:18:40 AM
I think the idea is possible but as more and more merchants accept bitcoin and there are more ways to circumvent the limitations that we may have in the use of bitcoin I think this business is going to dry up.

Yes, its possible idea and i thinks this business won't dry up as long as you are a positive person and open minded in dealing through those merchants. Patience is the key towards succesful business.
Don't be discourage on situation that provokes you negative vibes.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
October 29, 2016, 12:55:36 PM
I think the idea is possible but as more and more merchants accept bitcoin and there are more ways to circumvent the limitations that we may have in the use of bitcoin I think this business is going to dry up.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
October 29, 2016, 03:47:16 AM
Just keep in your mind that people can cheat you.

Some people are buying things using a credit card, and then calling their credit card company to cancel the transaction, or even worse, some people are purchasing items over the internet with a stolen credit card, and then the real owner chargebacks and you stay without the money and without the product.

You should make the price higher due to those risks in my opinion
Activity: 896
Merit: 505
September 21, 2016, 11:55:32 PM
I think that it would be pretty good idea, just you should use escrow
He is already acting as an intermediate between the transaction so it is obviously very risk.if you add escrow to it then it becomes more complicated.
Activity: 202
August 31, 2016, 11:52:24 AM
I think that it would be pretty good idea, just you should use escrow
Activity: 504
August 21, 2016, 02:23:27 AM
I have funds outside of Bitcoin, do you think a service where I buy for things that only accept real cash i.e https://g2a.com, amazon.com or anything else. And I receive Bitcoin?
Obviously escrow can be used, or people can pay upfront, whatever the case is.

Bottom line, is this a good idea?

I think there are a lot of third party escrow ready to be if you want to conduct a transaction. but for sites like amazon I think they trusted sites that you do not need to wear escrow
Activity: 924
Merit: 501
August 21, 2016, 01:16:54 AM
I have funds outside of Bitcoin, do you think a service where I buy for things that only accept real cash i.e https://g2a.com, amazon.com or anything else. And I receive Bitcoin?

Much has changed since your thread started. You now can use bitcoin with those places.

You can still be of help , not all places take bitcoin yet. Maybe if you can find some things people are interested in you can offer similar or the same items but in bitcoin. If you sell game keys then you can collect links from different sites that don't accept bitcoin yet. They can be from any site that gather's enough interest.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
August 20, 2016, 07:30:39 AM

it seems very good idea, just please let me know two things: 1. What is your  rate for doing these and for example if we want to buy a 10$ item how much do you charge us? 2. Do you want to work only here or run a website for this?
I think g2a.com accepting bitcoins right now via bitpay.. try this link for those who need it
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3p546v/online_gaming_giant_g2a_starts_accepting_bitcoin/
Yes, however the guy is saying that he wants to buy things from many websites, do you think how much is their charge?
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597
August 19, 2016, 01:44:11 PM
This is a great idea. But you should be very cautious with the customers - you never know when you get scammed. I have heard of G2A accepting Bitcoin, Steam is accepting Bitcoin too. Other sites like Amazon do not though.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046
August 19, 2016, 01:37:15 PM

it seems very good idea, just please let me know two things: 1. What is your  rate for doing these and for example if we want to buy a 10$ item how much do you charge us? 2. Do you want to work only here or run a website for this?
I think g2a.com accepting bitcoins right now via bitpay.. try this link for those who need it
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3p546v/online_gaming_giant_g2a_starts_accepting_bitcoin/
Activity: 154
August 19, 2016, 01:13:26 PM
Not sure if I get exactly what's your idea but if you will be accepting fiat money from CCs, Paypal and even cash, you should be very careful about scammers.

If it is the other way around, then I think it's much easier and definitely a good idea, just make them pay upfront as you said and it should be no problem. The only issue I see is that I'm not sure how many people will use your service. If they already have Bitcoin, they surely got it by purchasing it via CCs, bank accounts, etc.

No no, I accept fiat and sell in BTC. For example if you wanted a game from g2a.com you could give me the BTC and I buy with fiat and we do a transaction like that.

It is obviously a good idea, for example if i want to buy something from a store that does not accept bitcoin so i come to you and say that buy me this thing and i will pay you the amount in bitcoins, that is what you mean, right?

Yeah, it may mean he is like that. Indeed this is very nice to do, but it still has a fairly complex problem that is we have to do this Offline, because maybe we pay just by calling and asking for the account.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
August 18, 2016, 12:56:17 PM

Activity: 672
Merit: 250
August 15, 2016, 08:11:08 AM
Not sure if I get exactly what's your idea but if you will be accepting fiat money from CCs, Paypal and even cash, you should be very careful about scammers.

If it is the other way around, then I think it's much easier and definitely a good idea, just make them pay upfront as you said and it should be no problem. The only issue I see is that I'm not sure how many people will use your service. If they already have Bitcoin, they surely got it by purchasing it via CCs, bank accounts, etc.

No no, I accept fiat and sell in BTC. For example if you wanted a game from g2a.com you could give me the BTC and I buy with fiat and we do a transaction like that.

It is obviously a good idea, for example if i want to buy something from a store that does not accept bitcoin so i come to you and say that buy me this thing and i will pay you the amount in bitcoins, that is what you mean, right?
Activity: 770
August 12, 2016, 11:24:55 AM
G2A already has btc as a payment option. I realize the thread was not made before then but now btc is accepted and has been for quite some time.
Activity: 288
August 06, 2016, 10:54:18 PM

That seems to be what everyone does I don't see the reasoning that Its not a bad idea.
Activity: 406
August 05, 2016, 02:37:54 PM
You will have to make your prices very competitive since I'm sure many people try this, once you build up trust you could start to charge more simply because people know you will deliver the good or service as expected. I think this is a good idea and could be profitable.
Activity: 294
Minter
July 28, 2016, 03:10:03 AM
you can add ebay, which has nothing like purse.io at the moment, i was going to order something but i want to do it with bitcoin

As I said, if there is more attraction I wouldn't mind doing this.
This is definitely a good idea. Ever since Humble Bundle stopped allowing people to buy with bitcoin in the Humble Store I'm been a little pressed for games. You should offer this as soon as possible!

Why would people pay you to buy in fiat for them, when they can buy in fiat for themselves?

If they have bitcoins and want to buy something from a store that only accepts fiat, they can sell their coins and buy themselves without having to pay you a dime.
Activity: 742
July 17, 2016, 01:23:34 AM
So I see that most of you understand the main point.
And I had made a post that didn't receive many responses. Please check it out and get back to me:

Hey guys!

Thanks for all the feedback. Really - I appreciate it!

So I have come to the conclusion that this could be used in stuff like this;

Services that have no physical part meaning it is digital.
Like a VPN service or Cloud Storage service.

Say you wanted a VPN from PureVPN (Arguably one of the best VPNs) and when I used them they didn't accept Bitcoin (Not sure if they do know but you get the point) I could use my fiat to pay for the service and you pay me in bitcoin for a %1 fee (Just a rough number).

I would make a thread just to see what kind of a demand is there in services that accept fiat ONLY and not bitcoin.

I will make a follow up post after this.

But first tell me what you think of this plan.

Activity: 224
July 13, 2016, 07:23:28 AM
Yes , It would be helpful .
Your idea is to buy anything if a user want from g2a.com etc site and gets bitcoins from the users instead of fiat.
If you don't charge extra fees then it is a great idea .

Yeah you get the point. And if I wanted to make it a non-profit business then I guess  I would provide the receipt of the transaction to my buyer. Making it fair.

No need to provide the transaction. The user just wants the game just give the user cheapest rate from around you can have profit too .

Example, You are getting a game for 10$ instead of 14$ from steam you can sell it for 12$ and still have 1$ profit.

Good luck!
Transaction is good because it is like the receipt that make you proved you have bought or sell something. It is to make avoid others from lying. So it is still recommended.

The fact that his idea is that it is somewhat  trading with some services offered included. That's a good thing. Because many games like what he stated dont accept BTC as payment and only accept real cash. So, he do the job and you pay BTC then he will buy points or something form a game in real cash. Many bitcoiners here prefer to buy using bitcoins instead of real mone because it is the currency they have. You are making their job a lot more easier. That's great
Activity: 154
July 13, 2016, 06:27:33 AM
Yes , It would be helpful .
Your idea is to buy anything if a user want from g2a.com etc site and gets bitcoins from the users instead of fiat.
If you don't charge extra fees then it is a great idea .

Yeah you get the point. And if I wanted to make it a non-profit business then I guess  I would provide the receipt of the transaction to my buyer. Making it fair.

No need to provide the transaction. The user just wants the game just give the user cheapest rate from around you can have profit too .

Example, You are getting a game for 10$ instead of 14$ from steam you can sell it for 12$ and still have 1$ profit.

Good luck!
Transaction is good because it is like the receipt that make you proved you have bought or sell something. It is to make avoid others from lying. So it is still recommended.
Pages:
Jump to: