Pages:
Author

Topic: Would this be a good idea? - page 4. (Read 14816 times)

legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1032
July 12, 2016, 08:24:56 PM
Yes , It would be helpful .
Your idea is to buy anything if a user want from g2a.com etc site and gets bitcoins from the users instead of fiat.
If you don't charge extra fees then it is a great idea .

Yeah you get the point. And if I wanted to make it a non-profit business then I guess  I would provide the receipt of the transaction to my buyer. Making it fair.

No need to provide the transaction. The user just wants the game just give the user cheapest rate from around you can have profit too .

Example, You are getting a game for 10$ instead of 14$ from steam you can sell it for 12$ and still have 1$ profit.

Good luck!
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
July 12, 2016, 08:19:04 PM
Your idea is to buy anything if a user want from g2a.com etc site and gets bitcoins from the users instead of fiat.

Yeah you get the point. And if I wanted to make it a non-profit business then I guess  I would provide the receipt of the transaction to my buyer. Making it fair.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1032
July 12, 2016, 08:17:10 PM
July 12, 2016, 08:09:07 PM
I have funds outside of Bitcoin, do you think a service where I buy for things that only accept real cash i.e https://g2a.com, amazon.com or anything else. And I receive Bitcoin?
Obviously escrow can be used, or people can pay upfront, whatever the case is.

Bottom line, is this a good idea?

Yes, it is good so that you can help bitcoin to circulate on the market. Good way also to  encourage others to do what you're doing. That's a good start already to help bitcoin develop faster.

Maybe like a network? Anyone can join and just do what I am doing and this will help increase the growth in bitcoin. Good suggestion.
It can help to growing bitcoin in that way.. but i think someone already made that site that you can buy games  g2a using their site that accept bitcoin i forgot the name but its already made many games in their website is from g2a.com also in amazon someone already made those service like purse.io..

I mean its a good attempt, but g2a can easily kill your business if they just add bitpay to their business model.

So to go through the hurdles and gain the traffic like g2a did through various streamers and whatever else they did then just to see your business die overnight would be painful.

G2a already uses BitPay believe it or not. But as just using G2A as an example. Any company that ONLY accepts fiat - let just say g2a (example) - I would use my exchange services for it.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002
July 12, 2016, 05:35:07 PM
I have funds outside of Bitcoin, do you think a service where I buy for things that only accept real cash i.e https://g2a.com, amazon.com or anything else. And I receive Bitcoin?

Yes, it is good so that you can help bitcoin to circulate on the market. Good way also to  encourage others to do what you're doing. That's a good start already to help bitcoin develop faster.

Maybe like a network? Anyone can join and just do what I am doing and this will help increase the growth in bitcoin. Good suggestion.
It can help to growing bitcoin in that way.. but i think someone already made that site that you can buy games  g2a using their site that accept bitcoin i forgot the name but its already made many games in their website is from g2a.com also in amazon someone already made those service like purse.io..

I mean its a good attempt, but g2a can easily kill your business if they just add bitpay to their business model.

So to go through the hurdles and gain the traffic like g2a did through various streamers and whatever else they did then just to see your business die overnight would be painful.

Activity: 574
July 12, 2016, 04:24:29 PM

You should try many ways to get them for bitcoin,before converting into fiat,i think there are some pages like this.
However you can just make post's on forum somewhere,that you want to buy few games,just make one topic and tell us all the games
that you want to have,im pretty sure that you will find many people who might sell them to you with bitcoin,just try it.
anyway bitbaby is true,you may have problem with trust,but as he said too,you can use escrow service you avoid that problem.
legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030
Privacy is always important
July 12, 2016, 12:47:10 PM

July 12, 2016, 11:48:53 AM

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
July 12, 2016, 11:45:22 AM

July 12, 2016, 10:39:24 AM
i think it is not a bad idea but you must be very very careful. i think you should use escrow. you should save your self.

I don't think OP can use escrow in these type of ways of buying things. websites and marketplace don't use escrow.. but if the new site you are talking about add some extension like that and allow escrow then it would be really great. yes....

It's not a bad idea but if you want this to succeed you must offer a discount (even a small one) otherwise why would anyone choose you and don't exchange his btc and then buy anything he wants?

I think that is a good idea after all. But of course you need to use escrow and you need to pay escrow for his service.
It's up to you if you are going to pursue it but I think that's a good idea.

Thanks! But I think - if this is okay with the community - I would prefer to do smaller transactions to build up trust. I just feel escrow is a bit of a hassle.
Well, I am not agree, Using escrow can consume some time (some time it may consume lots of time too) but doing escrow is really important. it is not about someone's reputation. it is about the term of buying something and being/feeling safe.. and believe me doing deals with also build up your reputation in the community.

Okay, thanks for your input =D I understand escrow is preferred and I agree. But yes as we both see it - it is time consuming. This is something I will take into account
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
Don't Hesitate to Tip me for My Helps and Guides.
July 12, 2016, 08:31:32 AM
i think it is not a bad idea but you must be very very careful. i think you should use escrow. you should save your self.

I don't think OP can use escrow in these type of ways of buying things. websites and marketplace don't use escrow.. but if the new site you are talking about add some extension like that and allow escrow then it would be really great. yes....

It's not a bad idea but if you want this to succeed you must offer a discount (even a small one) otherwise why would anyone choose you and don't exchange his btc and then buy anything he wants?

I think that is a good idea after all. But of course you need to use escrow and you need to pay escrow for his service.

Thanks! But I think - if this is okay with the community - I would prefer to do smaller transactions to build up trust. I just feel escrow is a bit of a hassle.
Well, I am not agree, Using escrow can consume some time (some time it may consume lots of time too) but doing escrow is really important. it is not about someone's reputation. it is about the term of buying something and being/feeling safe.. and believe me doing deals with also build up your reputation in the community.
July 12, 2016, 08:14:50 AM

Activity: 2842
Merit: 625
July 12, 2016, 07:31:19 AM

July 12, 2016, 07:23:35 AM
snip

I reckon that it will gradually make you profit, however VPN is for a person know what it does. What I'm saying is make a good one that necessary globally that way you can sure your cash flow.

I don't think you understand... I am not offering a VPN service. I am offering to buy a VPN service that only accepts fiat payment and someone wants it for btc.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
July 12, 2016, 06:19:11 AM
Hey guys!

Thanks for all the feedback. Really - I appreciate it!

So I have come to the conclusion that this could be used in stuff like this;

Services that have no physical part meaning it is digital.
Like a VPN service or Cloud Storage service.

Say you wanted a VPN from PureVPN (Arguably one of the best VPNs) and when I used them they didn't accept Bitcoin (Not sure if they do know but you get the point) I could use my fiat to pay for the service and you pay me in bitcoin for a %1 fee (Just a rough number).

I would make a thread just to see what kind of a demand is there in services that accept fiat ONLY and not bitcoin.

I will make a follow up post after this.

But first tell me what you think of this plan.

I reckon that it will gradually make you profit, however VPN is for a person know what it does. What I'm saying is make a good one that necessary globally that way you can sure your cash flow.
July 09, 2016, 08:19:32 AM
Hey guys!

Thanks for all the feedback. Really - I appreciate it!

So I have come to the conclusion that this could be used in stuff like this;

Services that have no physical part meaning it is digital.
Like a VPN service or Cloud Storage service.

Say you wanted a VPN from PureVPN (Arguably one of the best VPNs) and when I used them they didn't accept Bitcoin (Not sure if they do know but you get the point) I could use my fiat to pay for the service and you pay me in bitcoin for a %1 fee (Just a rough number).

I would make a thread just to see what kind of a demand is there in services that accept fiat ONLY and not bitcoin.

I will make a follow up post after this.

But first tell me what you think of this plan.
Activity: 574
July 08, 2016, 06:10:28 PM

I think starting an company which exchanges fiat for bitcoin and bitcoin to fiat with some insane rates is a really good idea.
The key is automated system,to do it fast,then im sure that you will have a lot of customers.
Activity: 854
Merit: 250
July 08, 2016, 05:17:06 PM

Activity: 1316
Merit: 622
Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.
July 08, 2016, 02:12:02 PM

Both already accept btc bitnyes its a good idea. Anything that supports and creates stimulation I'm the btc community is a good thing and can only be a good thing. Smiley
I thign amazon still not accepting bitcoin but there is alternative that you can buy items in amazon the same in purse.io you can buy items in amazon using purse.io. for g2a they already announce it before that they accepting bitcoins as payment..
Activity: 770
July 08, 2016, 01:46:17 PM

Both already accept btc bitnyes its a good idea. Anything that supports and creates stimulation I'm the btc community is a good thing and can only be a good thing. Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: