Pages:
Author

Topic: Would you borrow in cryptocurrency? - page 23. (Read 42431 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 117
swing!
April 09, 2019, 08:56:42 PM
Depends on what you gonna do, if you betting against the price make sure it's worth your judgement as fiat/crypto are extremely volatile, like how margins could benefit you by effectively borrowing you more than your investment, its easy to go boom with all your investment ending up getting nothing
Activity: 1036
Merit: 275
April 09, 2019, 08:03:03 PM
It will be a bad option to borrow in cryptocurrency. The volatile nature makes it a bad idea. You could borrow $100 and you will end up paying like $500 in return. But on another end, the person who lend you the cryptocurrency might lose the initial value which he/she lend to you.
copper member
Activity: 411
Merit: 1
April 09, 2019, 07:57:28 PM
The interest rate will certainly be high because this space is not stable as it comes with plenty of risks.  You may end up spending your whole money on the even of default
Activity: 490
Merit: 10
freelanex.io
April 09, 2019, 07:52:21 PM
Crypto borrowing is very risky because it has high fluctuations. So, I don't recommend that. If you really need capital and you have no choice but to find a loan, it's better to borrow it in fiat, it's safer in my opinion.
Activity: 966
Merit: 507
April 09, 2019, 07:42:24 PM
As long as there is some asset - liabiliity management, I would borrow or lend in cryptocurrencies. Remember to hedge your exposure though.
Activity: 588
Merit: 104
April 09, 2019, 07:38:41 PM
I am not considering borrowing  any crypto as it is highly volatile and I could end up in a loss.
Of course it depends on the market type as well, but it would be a risky business.
Only stable coins could play the role of  safe borrowing and lending.
There are many lending projects out there and will check how they operate.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
April 09, 2019, 04:19:40 PM
I think it's one of the reasons why crypto would not stand alone without the help of fiat currency. As we can see we do trades crypto in such products and services because we know there are merchants who accept it as a payment and cash it out with fiat currency.

So you guys think cryptocurrency would stand alone without a fiat currency?

I think we won't need fiat when the weakness of the cryptocurrencies will be sold.
Check the concept of Maxit at https://www.maxicreditcompany.com/whitepaper.pdf.
We try to solve problems like high price volatility or fixed money supply.
Activity: 2506
Merit: 368
April 09, 2019, 04:11:18 PM
I think it's one of the reasons why crypto would not stand alone without the help of fiat currency. As we can see we do trades crypto in such products and services because we know there are merchants who accept it as a payment and cash it out with fiat currency.

So you guys think cryptocurrency would stand alone without a fiat currency?
April 09, 2019, 04:09:11 PM
I am interested in opinions about borrowing in cryptocurrency.
If a cryptocurrency will have low price volatility, then would you borrow in that token?

If not please tell why?

I see no point in borrowing a token. In real life, loans are taken to buy something.
The only reason you can borrow a token is that if you know that it will soon fall in price, you borrow it and sell it for Ethereum or other currency. The price drops, you buy the necessary number of tokens to repay the debt, and you keep everything else as a profit.

Actually, I started this topic cause we develop a P2P lending platform and a commercial platform where the borrowed money can be spent.
Visit https://www.maxicreditcompany.com/
Activity: 623
Merit: 11
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
April 09, 2019, 04:02:37 PM
I am interested in opinions about borrowing in cryptocurrency.
If a cryptocurrency will have low price volatility, then would you borrow in that token?

If not please tell why?

I see no point in borrowing a token. In real life, loans are taken to buy something.
The only reason you can borrow a token is that if you know that it will soon fall in price, you borrow it and sell it for Ethereum or other currency. The price drops, you buy the necessary number of tokens to repay the debt, and you keep everything else as a profit.
Activity: 504
Merit: 14
Miracle Tele
April 09, 2019, 03:59:18 PM
      I do not recommend anyone loans for cryptocurrency. It's a new fashion, but I'm not interested in this option. To borrow for crypto is risky for both you and the borrower because the crypto market is extremely volatile, and the cryptocurrency fluctuation may not be favorable.
There is no suitable option for these loans. An unwritten rule says you only need to get into crypto as long as you allow yourself to lose.
Activity: 686
Merit: 11
April 09, 2019, 03:46:59 PM
First and foremost, i didn't know is even possible in the first place. But,  even at that, i do not think that is popular yet cos i have never come across it.. I see as an innovation that will enhance more adoption..
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
April 09, 2019, 03:27:08 PM
for now, I have never borrowed in crypto, but if the conditions are urgent, it will allow me to do it.
but I really hope if I never do it because I really avoid that kind of thing because it's very high risk.
April 09, 2019, 03:23:32 PM
What if the cryptocurrency in which you can borrow have a stable price and the interest is lower than in fiat?

https://www.maxicreditcompany.com/
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
VANM - VIRAL ADVERTISING NETWORK MINING
April 09, 2019, 03:21:46 PM
I will not borrow crypto despite an emergency, I better avoid it and borrow it makes it a difficult step to make a profit.
If you borrow it becomes heavy and fears more than losing.
Activity: 742
Merit: 12
April 09, 2019, 03:01:07 PM
I'm not going to borrow crypto unless I have a situation like "do or die". Becasue of the volatility, I fell the high risk of repaying a higher amount of crypto. But maybe I can consider if the conditions are made with fiat conversion but the transaction made in crypto.
Activity: 560
Merit: 10
April 09, 2019, 02:59:09 PM
in the short term I would not ask for a loan in cryptocurrencies, because volatility can play for or against, in the long term if (but it will depend on the cryptocurrency, that has a good project, product and community) ... although personally I like to borrow ...
copper member
Activity: 336
Merit: 1
April 09, 2019, 02:53:19 PM
No.
I will not borrow in cryptocurrency and it's never crossed my mind because I understand how this market works.
If care is not taken one might end up being bitten by the volatility of cryptocurrency.
I have a friend that borrowed to buy into a coin earlier this year and he lost 50% of the funds borrowed and he still pays interest on the money.
Activity: 770
Merit: 101
send and receive money instantly, no hidden costs
April 09, 2019, 02:45:50 PM
When you trade a short position, you take a borrow. In the event of a dump you earn. The same in the case of a loan. But who will lend you when the market is in a falling?
There were several blockchain credit projects. But now these projects are gone from a radar. Is scammers?
April 09, 2019, 02:39:01 PM
I think it is impossible to borrow crypto money. Because crypto is constantly changing and losing value quickly it has no stability. therefore you cannot risk the loan, its price is not sustainable.

What if when a cryptocurrency has a stable price?
Like in this project: https://www.maxicreditcompany.com/
Pages:
Jump to: