Pages:
Author

Topic: Would you give bitcoin as a wedding gift? - page 12. (Read 17938 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Personal Text: Pre-sale - March 18
September 21, 2017, 11:34:17 AM
No  Grin I prefer to give cash or a gift paid with cash and keep my bitcoins for me  Wink
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
September 21, 2017, 11:28:03 AM
Well,it really depends on a person that I will give it too.If he knows how to use bitcoin,then why not.Instead of keeping it only for myself then it would be better if I give to someone who will actually need it.Everyone knows that wedding is next to family and bitcoins are good help when it comes to funds for their future.
If the couple already know bitcoins and they are interested then i think it is good to give them a bitcoin as a gift to their wedding. Because if they doesnt know it , it will be a bad for them because  they will think that you gift is useless and nonsense. So better if they know it. It will be more easy for you too.
Activity: 168
Decentralized Escrow currency for Crypto world
September 21, 2017, 10:15:20 AM
Yes, definitely!! it will a great and a unique gift that you can give in a friend's wedding. Thanks for the idea.. let me try Wink
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
September 21, 2017, 10:11:57 AM
Now this looks little weird, but when days pass people starts gifting bitcoin when the popularity increases, one of my friend already has got bitcoin as a gift during the days of Christmas. But with that both were aware of the digital currency and it's value, but the same makes people think what's this gift with the unknown person. So same as we providing giftcard in future people use bitcoin for gifting purpose.

I don't think that Bitcoin is a good idea as a wedding gift not unless that the couple you are giving to is familiar with this one. But if they does not know about Bitcoin, they will surely not appreciate it. I guess you just have to convert your Bitcoins into coins and buy a material gift for the couple. They will surely appreciate that.
Activity: 420
Merit: 255
September 21, 2017, 07:01:28 AM
If they understand and use bitcoin, i may consider giving them bitcoin as a gift, but if not, i will gift them something else. It feels wrong to give something so volatile as a gift to people who don't know about it.

I think it would be cool once they will start asking about it and they will realize what just they received as gift from you Smiley It will be as equal or even great with any personalized gift. Who knows, the newlywed couple will be wealthy soon because of bitcoin and because of you.
I think it's a stupid idea. About 1% of people know what bitcoin is. Why do people for the wedding gift which they will not use? What if they believe you and will wait for when you use your gift they will be rich? Maybe in a few years bitcoin will die and it turns out that you left them without a gift. Do you like this prospect?
Activity: 756
Merit: 294
September 21, 2017, 06:54:06 AM
If they understand and use bitcoin, i may consider giving them bitcoin as a gift, but if not, i will gift them something else. It feels wrong to give something so volatile as a gift to people who don't know about it.

I think it would be cool once they will start asking about it and they will realize what just they received as gift from you Smiley It will be as equal or even great with any personalized gift. Who knows, the newlywed couple will be wealthy soon because of bitcoin and because of you.
Activity: 247
Decentralized Continuous Audit&Reporting Protocol
September 21, 2017, 06:13:54 AM
Actually we are talking over about this topic with my friends who also a trader of Bitcoin. We have an agreement that when someone is going to marry someday or one day, we will be giving Bitcoin as a wedding gift. It is unique right? For me it is very important to give money as a wedding gift for the newly weds. Because this will help them to break even or lessen the costs in their wedding. And it will help them financially since they are starting to make their own family. And we are trader of Bitcoin, We thought to give each other a portion of our BTC as a wedding gift. Smiley
Activity: 574
Merit: 251
September 21, 2017, 05:39:24 AM
Activity: 2310
Merit: 532
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
September 21, 2017, 05:07:26 AM
Little by little the growth happening with bitcoin and entire digital currency is much big. This will surely create a strong user base around every country. So, surely in future bitcoin will be used for gifting. People gift gold just because of the increased value as well the value won't decline. Same like that bitcoin serves.
Activity: 111
Merit: 21
September 21, 2017, 04:59:50 AM
Maybe to a tech-savvy couple, but most would fail to understand how valuable that gift really is. Some would sell it immediately, some wouldn't understand it or would take it in the wrong way. That you gave a lazy gift. So only to those who either are fans of it, or if you attached a note/letter to the paper wallet.
Activity: 310
Merit: 102
JACS.tech
September 21, 2017, 04:57:33 AM
What a coincidence! Today is the wedding of my niece
As she knows about BTC because we talked many times about it, let me try that with her SmileySmiley
Activity: 555
Merit: 252
September 21, 2017, 04:48:11 AM
No, Wedding Gift should be something memorable and I dont think it is good to give it as a wedding gift as it is only a money after all, which no one will not even remember after it is spend away. Wedding Gift should be something special and useful for our lover.
It would be better if we say that the number of people who are aware of bitcoins in advanced countries is different from those who come under other two categories (developing and third world countries). So if someone lives in Germany, he can give bitcoins in gift to the new couple and they will admire it. However, the idea itself is an outstanding one.
Activity: 204
September 20, 2017, 11:16:37 PM
I do not give bitcoin a wedding gift, but from bitcoin I can make a lot of money to choose the meaningful gift on the wedding day.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
September 20, 2017, 03:10:25 PM
Not everyone know about bitcoin. probably will be a night in which I should explain what is bitcoin, instead dancing at the party.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024
September 18, 2017, 12:17:47 AM
I dont care and what if both of them has no idea about bitcoin thats none sense but if they know why not
You are right if both have no idea about bitcoin then it makes no sense that bitcoin will be the wedding gift, but I think that if it asked about the wedding gift it means that this topic is for that couple who have the complete knowledge and information about bitcoin and one of them must hold bitcoin in his or her bitcoin wallet. Otherwise I also agree that this is non-sense to give a virtual gift in wedding.
Activity: 531
Merit: 102
September 16, 2017, 11:52:49 PM
Some tech-savvy wedding-goers are gifting the digital currency to new couples. Honeyfund, a honeymoon registry that allows guests to give cash rather than gifts, has seen more than a dozen customers donate in bitcoin, said chief executive officer and co-founder Sara Margulis. In recent years, more than a dozen customers have chosen to route donations to the site from bitcoin wallets. Zola, a wedding registry website, has had just two cash funds created for bitcoins since 2013, a spokeswoman said. "I would expect it to pop more as millennials come into the wedding age,” Honeyfund’s Margulis said. “It’s something you will do if your friends and family are already into bitcoin.

Bitcoin as an retirement plan, bitcoin to secure the future of your kids, and now bitcoin as a wedding gift. Whether or not bitcoin replaces cash in future, it looks like the trend of gifting bitcoin instead of cash at weddings is definitely going to catch up and more wedding registeries would be adding bitcoin as a gifting option.

Avoid using a wedding gift "as an opportunity to proselytize a technology you personally believe in, but the recipient could not care less about."

People who are not into bitcoin might not appreciate getting a volatile currency as a gift, and might never use it, thus adding it to the list of lost coins, but I think people who are already using bitcoin or would most probably use it in future then bitcoin instead of cash is the apt wedding gift for them.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/would-you-give-bitcoin-as-a-wedding-gift-2017-06-27
The idea of giving bitcoin as a wedding gift is a good idea.  But before giving it to the newly wed, you must educate them first about the bitcoin to be able for them to appreciate and properly use it.  If I already have many bitcoin, I will try to give it as a gift to my friend on his or her wedding.  
Activity: 289
Merit: 103
September 16, 2017, 11:52:31 PM
this is weird one but Ill give this a try ahhahahahahha  Grin

if the btc is super high valued in future why not take it as a gift but make sure you know how to store and keep it or change it immediately to cash wahahhahahaha
Activity: 812
Merit: 101
September 16, 2017, 11:21:06 PM
I think it's interesting and certainly I have not heard anything like that ,,, but really I want to create something new that is giving some of my bitcoin to a friend who in a few months will get married, but until now I have not get bitcoin ,, and maybe if the next few months I get bitcoin, I will give some of my bitcoin to my friend as a wedding gift.
Activity: 756
Merit: 103
September 16, 2017, 11:14:11 PM
Presently none of my family knows about Bitcoins and how to use them in nature. Even relatives don't know about Bitcoin so it is waste for offering them. I am a member of Bitcointalk and knows about Bitcoin also the future, so gifting to unknown people is useless.
Activity: 238
Presale is live!
September 16, 2017, 10:11:05 PM
Well,it really depends on a person that I will give it too.If he knows how to use bitcoin,then why not.Instead of keeping it only for myself then it would be better if I give to someone who will actually need it.Everyone knows that wedding is next to family and bitcoins are good help when it comes to funds for their future.

I will be giving bitcoin as a wedding gift to an upcoming one this year. I think it is perfect. It'll be worth more each year. How can you go wrong with that?
Pages:
Jump to: