Pages:
Author

Topic: Would you give bitcoin as a wedding gift? - page 11. (Read 17938 times)

Activity: 2912
Merit: 556
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
September 23, 2017, 01:42:12 AM
if its only for 0.001 btc then maybe i will give my bitcoin as a wedding gift Grin  because with the price now is at $36xx, i don't think that i can give a whole of 1 bitcoin as a gift. its too expensive for me to just giving a gift for 1 bitcoin. i'd better to buy something like stuff or product to give to that couple as a gift than to give 1 bitcoin.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
Global Blockchain Solution For Transportation
September 23, 2017, 12:27:48 AM
I've been dreaming to get married with a very loving guy. Thinking of receiving bitcoin as a wedding gift is definitely another extra bonus.

But for me, you can have it as a wedding gift if the couple are get involved with bitcoin. If not, it is not a good idea as a wedding gift.
Activity: 756
Merit: 294
September 23, 2017, 12:02:53 AM
It is a good idea, but I think it is not for all. It may be highly appreciated if you give it to thech enthusiiast or to someone who trade. It is considerable like a gift card. Just make sure it will be used in a right way for it to be appreciated more.

I don't think so that it needs something that fits.. This is just my personal opinion because newly wed couples nowadays are majority are into internet already and using bitcoin and researching about it is just a tip of a finger and they can truly appreciate if they see the of it..
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
September 22, 2017, 11:49:55 PM
So interesting question. I'm pretty sure that I would be very glad to accept it as a wedding gift, that's why I think that it's perfect present for such event
Activity: 210
Large scale, green crypto mining ICO
September 22, 2017, 11:40:54 PM
It is a good idea, but I think it is not for all. It may be highly appreciated if you give it to thech enthusiiast or to someone who trade. It is considerable like a gift card. Just make sure it will be used in a right way for it to be appreciated more.
Activity: 532
September 22, 2017, 10:47:54 PM
Not really the bitcoin, I will use bitcoin to buy a special gift, i think i will buy a car or house and lot that's if i have a plenty of bitcoin to give it as my wedding gift because i wanted him/her to be happy not only the love that you can give.
Activity: 266
Platform for Investing in Cryptocurrency and ICOs
September 22, 2017, 10:34:51 PM
Practically speaking, bitcoin is a good wedding gift for it equates to money and it is as valuable as money. There is nothing wrong with giving bitcoin as a gift but maybe for formality, bitcoins do not belong to that kind of event.
Activity: 1028
Merit: 144
Diamond Hands 💎HODL
September 22, 2017, 10:12:31 PM
If that couple knows bitcoin and uses it then why not? I would rather give bitcoins to them because I know how great is it to be a help in a newly wed couple. They can also use it wherever they want. They will decide, besides they both use bitcoins so that is not a problem for them. I know if I am able to send gifts like bitcoin, bitcoin is already popular in the world.
Activity: 504
Merit: 252
September 22, 2017, 09:53:26 PM
This will make them happy, when we gift bitcoin when wedding and a month after we transfer bitcoin and the price skyrocketed of course they will be very grateful to us. bitcoin is the best gift because it is very useful for their future.
Activity: 322
September 22, 2017, 08:38:45 PM
Of course I won't !!
In fact, bitcoin is money which cannot be a wedding gift ever, at most I will buy a car and I will give it to him as a gift, it is symbolic and expensive.
Activity: 448
Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!
September 22, 2017, 07:28:29 PM
It is more beautiful if you gift something more romantic instead of giving money, you all know that bitcoin is money, only that it is digital, and it can not be seen, but you can spend it. So i dont think it is a an appropiate gift for a wedding, there are better options to do that.
I dont know, maybe in some countries it is good seen to gift money as a wedding gift, i dont know
Activity: 585
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
September 22, 2017, 07:26:49 PM
Giving bitcoin to weding is certainly a nice surprise, if there is a friend or family using bitcoin and I know the wallet address, then I will give bitcoin as a wedding gift.
Activity: 196
September 22, 2017, 07:17:06 PM
i would if i have the bitcoin to give in  Smiley because if we give bitcoin, besides we give a glimpse of money in it, we introduce to the married couple about bitcoin if they haven't hear and learn about it. Besides that, bitcoin can be a form of investment to the happily newly wed couple and their little family  Smiley
Activity: 308
Merit: 120
September 22, 2017, 06:45:54 PM
For my brother or my sister and even my best friend it is possible, but for another person I don't think so !
Otherwise I am doing a waste of money and I will never be rich.
Activity: 630
Merit: 251
September 22, 2017, 04:22:56 PM
What a coincidence! Today is the wedding of my niece
As she knows about BTC because we talked many times about it, let me try that with her SmileySmiley
Wow! that is really great job and i hope your your niece will be proud of this gift, she will be collecting it along with her collection of bitcoin. As she know much about bitcoin she will be utilizing these bitcoin for investments and trading. It will be a memorable gift for her.
Activity: 626
Merit: 10
September 22, 2017, 04:23:13 AM
Some tech-savvy wedding-goers are gifting the digital currency to new couples. Honeyfund, a honeymoon registry that allows guests to give cash rather than gifts, has seen more than a dozen customers donate in bitcoin, said chief executive officer and co-founder Sara Margulis. In recent years, more than a dozen customers have chosen to route donations to the site from bitcoin wallets. Zola, a wedding registry website, has had just two cash funds created for bitcoins since 2013, a spokeswoman said. "I would expect it to pop more as millennials come into the wedding age,” Honeyfund’s Margulis said. “It’s something you will do if your friends and family are already into bitcoin.

Bitcoin as an retirement plan, bitcoin to secure the future of your kids, and now bitcoin as a wedding gift. Whether or not bitcoin replaces cash in future, it looks like the trend of gifting bitcoin instead of cash at weddings is definitely going to catch up and more wedding registeries would be adding bitcoin as a gifting option.

Avoid using a wedding gift "as an opportunity to proselytize a technology you personally believe in, but the recipient could not care less about."

People who are not into bitcoin might not appreciate getting a volatile currency as a gift, and might never use it, thus adding it to the list of lost coins, but I think people who are already using bitcoin or would most probably use it in future then bitcoin instead of cash is the apt wedding gift for them.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/would-you-give-bitcoin-as-a-wedding-gift-2017-06-27
It depends if the couple are using and knew about bitcoin. And its nothing wrong if we give bitcoin as a gift it will help to them  and they will use it to the future.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
September 22, 2017, 03:52:47 AM
Some tech-savvy wedding-goers are gifting the digital currency to new couples. Honeyfund, a honeymoon registry that allows guests to give cash rather than gifts, has seen more than a dozen customers donate in bitcoin, said chief executive officer and co-founder Sara Margulis. In recent years, more than a dozen customers have chosen to route donations to the site from bitcoin wallets. Zola, a wedding registry website, has had just two cash funds created for bitcoins since 2013, a spokeswoman said. "I would expect it to pop more as millennials come into the wedding age,” Honeyfund’s Margulis said. “It’s something you will do if your friends and family are already into bitcoin.

Bitcoin as an retirement plan, bitcoin to secure the future of your kids, and now bitcoin as a wedding gift. Whether or not bitcoin replaces cash in future, it looks like the trend of gifting bitcoin instead of cash at weddings is definitely going to catch up and more wedding registeries would be adding bitcoin as a gifting option.

Avoid using a wedding gift "as an opportunity to proselytize a technology you personally believe in, but the recipient could not care less about."

People who are not into bitcoin might not appreciate getting a volatile currency as a gift, and might never use it, thus adding it to the list of lost coins, but I think people who are already using bitcoin or would most probably use it in future then bitcoin instead of cash is the apt wedding gift for them.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/would-you-give-bitcoin-as-a-wedding-gift-2017-06-27

Bitcoin as a wedding gift can be a very good idea. However, we should orient first the couple that we will give Bitcoin as a gift if it how it works. Digital currency is very ideal now, but if the couple you'll be giving Bitcoin know about this, they will definitely appreciate it.
I agree with you it is actually easy if the couple makes 1 to 2 wallets and then receive all the bitcoins in there and when they need it the most they can use or sell it and use the money i would think that giving a bitcoin at a wedding as a gift would be awesome.
Activity: 257
Merit: 101
September 22, 2017, 03:47:17 AM

Bitcoin as a wedding gift can be a very good idea. However, we should orient first the couple that we will give Bitcoin as a gift if it how it works. Digital currency is very ideal now, but if the couple you'll be giving Bitcoin know about this, they will definitely appreciate it.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
September 22, 2017, 02:15:21 AM
It will be cool to present as a wedding gift debit card connected with wallet full of BTCs, which were earned when BTC costed much lower than today...I will be a really happy if i will receive such a modern gift  Cool
Activity: 299
September 21, 2017, 11:38:46 AM
YES! If the couple is into bitcoin and very dear to me. It would be a perfect gift for them. Wink

But of course, if they don't have any idea about bitcoin and are not interested, I won't. Grin My hard earned coins will just put into waste.
Pages:
Jump to: