Pages:
Author

Topic: Would you kill your own children if God commanded you to? - page 9. (Read 9690 times)

Activity: 527
Merit: 113
Would you kill your own children if God commanded you to?
A perfectly valid legit question.

Please no attempts to derail the thread with nonsense like "God would never say that" or "God would never change the rules with murder" etc....

Yes i should to it because god command it and i shall follow here/hes command because God is our savior and we should to this for the said of God and we should not avoid it we just follow the commandment of God.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Please no attempts to derail the thread with nonsense like "God would never say that" or "God would never change the rules with murder" etc....

No.  I will become a killer or murderer if I kill anyone.  And I can not live a day without conscience and thought of what happened. I won't be able to live peacefully. Thinking that I myself is a murderer.  I cannot let that happen to me.
Activity: 227
Merit: 10
of course yes. because really. God command everything. If it is the best.
Activity: 79
 of course no you cant really know if god command you i cant imagine myself killing my own children
Activity: 43
Merit: 0

It is hard question. But as for me i dont have a child so i dont need to figured out how to solve that.
But if the time comes that the "GOD" will really command me to do that, honestly i think i cant do that because killing is bad and speacilly the one you need to kill is your very own son. But also i know that if god really want that result is that he has a reason. What we are thinking is not the same as thinking of god. We may find it bad now but it can be good in the future.
Activity: 44
This is just like Jonestown. Sin is the disobedience to god, if you're not a christian then you cannot sin. I don't know, but it's in our nature to love our children, this was already a thing ever since the Neanderthals, the time without the christian god. god isn't natural, but my love for my child is. I'd kill myself before I even take the life of my own.
Activity: 364
Who said there is any god at all? If anything it would actually be proof of the twisted mind of some being some people think exist that causes famine, drought, plagues etc.

You didn't believed in the existence of GOD but you believed in Crypto-currency that you didn't even see or touch! This is actually a clear proof of a twisted mind  that causes famine, drought, plagues etc.

I'm just a mortal sinner but i believed that real GOD is the GOD of Goodness and Pure Love!
That the writings in the Bible were not all belongs to GOD!
For some of them were solely made for deceiving!
Cool
Activity: 330
yes, i will kill my own children if God command me to.God come first in the whole solar system then family ,relatives, friends and others.God must know what is good for us.We believe God will protect us in danger.So there will be no doubt left when god command.
Activity: 73
Who said there is any god at all? If anything it would actually be proof of the twisted mind of some being some people think exist that causes famine, drought, plagues etc.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
WTF? Grin
If God commands you to kill your children you should have your head examined first
Activity: 66
If I hear voices, I'd go to the doctor as soon as possible. Unbelievable what some people say here. We live in the year 2017, soon 2018, some are stuck in the dark age...
Activity: 630

This is a very, very difficult question. But although I love them madly: maybe - Yes.
It's just that God did not ask for it, but only for a great purpose!
Activity: 476

It doesn't make sense but what He plans we cannot and may not comprehend. So yes, if God really wanted me to then i would do it, to the letter. I don't think my child's death in God's plan will bear fruit on my lifetime or even the lifetime of my neighbors, but i know it will bear fruit for the future generation. Also, it doesn't mean i won't be sad or feel bad.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
That is the command given by God to the prophet Ibrahim in the past and so great his Faith to God, he was willing, he was ready to slaughter his own son, the prophet Ismail. And the prophet Ismail was willing. But I do not feel I would be willing if God told me to do that too, I doubt will be willing.
Activity: 104
Merit: 13
No. I won't listen to God. My son/daughter is everything to me. Why would I kill him/her if with just a blink of his eye, he could kill someone? I'd rather rot in hell than killing my own kin.
Activity: 98
no, because it can not be a loving god. Killing your own child in any way includes a big sin. Both kill him after the child is born into this world or still in the womb of his mother by way of abortion or the other.
Activity: 208
DocTailor ICO:
wow ! surprising question.
i never thought to kill my children.
and i don't believe that god will ask us to do it. because i know that i'm not the prophet.
i have ever known the story from one prophet in muslim, that he obey what god says.
one day god asked him to kill his son.
then he was doubt at the time. but that dream happened till three  times.
that's why he believe that it's from god.
then he did it.
before the sword touch his son's neck, god change son's position with sheep.
it means that, god just want check his belief.

Activity: 61
no i dont kill my own children even if god command it because its your own blood and your own child  there's saying child is innocent we dont have the right take them away
Activity: 56
The question is if God  commanded me to kill my children, and i pray and confirm really is God that has commanded me to do that, i will obey him and carry out is commandment.The God i know will never visit any of His Children with Evil.If I may ask who gave the children to me, It is God, so why should i Disobey Him. Abraham obeyed God and God called Abraham not to lay his hands on the Lad. And He provided an alternative, What actually God want to see in us is our obedient to his words and commandments. Abraham and Isaac  did not commit sin, that led God to ask  Abraham to sacrifice his only son Isaac, also it was not the sin of Job that make God to allow all the children to perish at the time and date.
Activity: 308
off course ..as a muslim i will always prepare to obey my god`s command..if that will kill my own children or myself or anybody
Pages:
Jump to: