Pages:
Author

Topic: WOW! Becoin failed to read and comprehend BFL's policy on BTC refunds - page 2. (Read 35776 times)

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
Have you seen them advertise in BTC prices ANYWHERE? (i mean advertise, not tell you what the exchange rate is at time of purchase)
Why don't BFL fan boys read before they post 100 times same stupid argument? It has been answered and proof shown 100 times!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1460393
Why do people not get this? It was NOT priced in bitcoins!!! Here's an example of what did NOT happen...
You are wrong!!!
It WAS and still IS priced in bitcoins as well. I don't give wishful examples. I give proof!

That is not pricing in Bitcoins.  That is asking for payment in Bitcoins in an amount equivalent to the USD pricing.

Im out of here, you're just straight trolling at this point
legendary
Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233
Have you seen them advertise in BTC prices ANYWHERE? (i mean advertise, not tell you what the exchange rate is at time of purchase)
Why don't BFL fan boys read before they post 100 times same stupid argument? It has been answered and proof shown 100 times!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1460393
legendary
Activity: 2114
ASIC Wannabe
If they do that they should buy an options for buying bitcoins as an insurance like serious companies do, but 1st is it possible with bitcoins, and if it is, how expensive, and are they so serious company?
It is simple. If you can't afford and you can't manage bitcoin exchange rate risk you should not accept bitcoin payments.

Bitcoin is amazing. Bitcoin payments unmistakably expose every merchant scam. You can't treat people as customers when accepting their bitcoin payments and later treat them as investors when refunding their purchases! The very nature of bitcoin won't allow shady commercial practices.

This debate is just stupid. If you wanted to return a $9.99 shirt to walmart, and the value of the USD had dropped 1% in the prior week, would you therefore demand they pay you back $10.09 (101%) of your purchase price? Get real.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
I can't believe this moron is still arguing his point even after a mod changed the title of the thread.
+1
legendary
Activity: 2058
this space intentionally left blank
This thread, aside from all the asshattery,
 provides valuable education regarding the
old discussion of whether BTC are a means
to store value vs a means to move value.
legendary
Activity: 2212

Gotta get one more meme in  Cheesy

KWH
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045
In Collateral I Trust.
legendary
Activity: 2212
KWH
legendary
In Collateral I Trust.
If they do that they should buy an options for buying bitcoins as an insurance like serious companies do, but 1st is it possible with bitcoins, and if it is, how expensive, and are they so serious company?
It is simple. If you can't afford and you can't manage bitcoin exchange rate risk you should not accept bitcoin payments.

Bitcoin is amazing. Bitcoin payments unmistakably expose every merchant scam. You can't treat people as customers when accepting their bitcoin payments and later treat them as investors when refunding their purchases! The very nature of bitcoin won't allow shady commercial practices.

It IS simple too bad you're not bright enough to figure it out.
legendary

KWH
legendary
In Collateral I Trust.
c'mon guys just leave this stupid thread die... if you don't get it, it is just a spam/troll thread.

Oh, we get it. Since the dank threads have been sub par these days, this is my entertainment........for this week at least.
Activity: 616
Merit: 501
c'mon guys just leave this stupid thread die... if you don't get it, it is just a spam/troll thread.
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
I can't believe this moron is still arguing his point even after a mod changed the title of the thread.
legendary
Activity: 1400

What you've done is a blatant violation of every code of ethics for forum moderation!

No, it's not. He corrected a blatantly wrong and sue-worthy thread title into something objectively correct in order to protect both the forum (from lawyers) and its users (from misinformation). His action is in fact one of only two correct moves a moderator of any moderately sized board can and should take in this circumstance (the other is deletion/removal of the offending thread).
To be fair, hosts/owners of forums are 100% protected from lawsuit of libel/slander when said libel/slander is made by users of the forum.  Website admins cannot be held liable for user-posted content, UNLESS it is court-ordered that they take it down and they do not comply.

At least, that is the law how I understand it.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1204
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
People gave BFL coin— if the value of the coin went down (potentially to zero) you would still be demanding to receive valuable mining hardware.
There is a major contradiction in your statement. If the value of the bitcoin went down to zero then value of the "valuable mining hardware" will be zero as well.

So if you buy a factory that makes cheese, and you pay for it with cheese, and the value of cheese goes to zero, the value of your cheese factory is zero as well?
Activity: 377
Merit: 253
You can get a $ refund, correct?
I guess I can get both US dollars and Zimbabwean dollars if I want to?
But people didn't pay in $. They paid in bitcoins and want bitcoin refunds.

legendary
Activity: 1176
Mahatma Gandhi - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win."

First off, it's a fake quote Gandhi never said.

Second, what's more appropriate in your case is Bozo the Clown.  "First, they laugh at you.  Then, they laugh at you some more.  Then they keep laughing.  Because you're stupid."
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
People gave BFL coin— if the value of the coin went down (potentially to zero) you would still be demanding to receive valuable mining hardware.
There is a major contradiction in your statement. If the value of the bitcoin went down to zero then value of the "valuable mining hardware" will be zero as well.

Judge Judy wants a word with you.

Wrong judge for this case:

KWH
legendary
In Collateral I Trust.

Judge Judy wants a word with you.
legendary
Pages:
Jump to: