Pages:
Author

Topic: WOW! Becoin failed to read and comprehend BFL's policy on BTC refunds - page 3. (Read 35776 times)

staff
Activity: 4200
Merit: 8441
gmaxwell, you do not deserve to be a moderator in this forum.
What you've done is a blatant violation of every code of ethics for forum moderation!
It is reasonable and customary to replace misleading thread titles.

becoin just wanted BFL refunds to act as a hedge against bitcoin's exchange rate relative to the dollar changing....
This is non-sense. Did BFL sell me bitcoins to purchase ASIC? No. I've bought those bitcoins many months before they were sent to BFL! Do you know what is the meaning of currency hedge?
People gave BFL coin— if the value of the coin went down (potentially to zero) you would still be demanding to receive valuable mining hardware. If the value of coin went up (as it had) you seem to expect to be able to demand a refund at the new market rate (and then be presumably able to turn around and make a new order with fewer coins).  That would be a pretty awesome hedge if they'd let you make it.
legendary
Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233
The unfortunate thing about people who are impervious to reason, is that earnest efforts to help them come to terms with their lack of comprehension will usually just come across as insults and attacks.
You are soooooo rght!

Mahatma Gandhi - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win."
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
Epic thread of attempts to spark comprehension in the pig-headedly wrong is unwinnable - yet so full of win!

Sadly - I'm adding Becoin to my (very short) ignore list.  The unfortunate thing about people who are impervious to reason, is that earnest efforts to help them come to terms with their lack of comprehension will usually just come across as insults and attacks.  

oh who am I kidding.. insults and attacks are sometimes earned. .. I'm calling it.  OP is just *stupid*!  Move along folks.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227
Away on an extended break
I'm getting a lot of complaints that people though the subject meant the BFL wasn't honoring refunds, and people are irritated that they're getting worked up before discovering that becoin just wanted BFL refunds to act as a hedge against bitcoin's exchange rate relative to the dollar changing.... so I've changed the thread's subject.
What you've done is a blatant violation of every code of ethics for forum moderation!

I'm not surprised that the quality of this forum is degrading very fast.

becoin just wanted BFL refunds to act as a hedge against bitcoin's exchange rate relative to the dollar changing....
This is non-sense. Did BFL sell me bitcoins to purchase ASIC? No. I've bought those bitcoins many months before they were sent to BFL! Do you know what is the meaning of currency hedge?
You know, I was planning to either move this to Off-Topic or trash this trollish thread too. I see that gmaxwell went the ingenious route now.  Cheesy
Activity: 896
Merit: 532
Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

So you think you were scammed?

That awkward moment when ElectricMucus even thinks your scam accusation is bullshit.

ALSO

legendary
Activity: 2212

Epic fail thread though,congrats  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
He corrected a blatantly wrong and sue-worthy thread title
So, he sided with a scam! Sweet. And you say he is protecting the forum?!

So you think you were scammed?

What part of "Sue them." do you not comprehend?
Oh right, you don't sue them because, Bitcoin.
legendary
He corrected a blatantly wrong and sue-worthy thread title
So, he sided with a scam! Sweet. And you say he is protecting the forum?!
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

You're just pretty much batting .000 on everything, aren't you?
Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

No, it's not. He corrected a blatantly wrong and sue-worthy thread title into something objectively correct in order to protect both the forum (from lawyers) and its users (from misinformation). His action is in fact one of only two correct moves a moderator of any moderately sized board can and should take in this circumstance (the other is deletion/removal of the offending thread).
legendary
legendary
I'm getting a lot of complaints that people though the subject meant the BFL wasn't honoring refunds, and people are irritated that they're getting worked up before discovering that becoin just wanted BFL refunds to act as a hedge against bitcoin's exchange rate relative to the dollar changing.... so I've changed the thread's subject.

I'm not surprised that the quality of this forum is degrading very fast.

KWH
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045
In Collateral I Trust.
Too funny !!!!!!!!!!! A moderator steps in & changes the title of his thread/rant & I bet he still won't get it  Roll Eyes

I offer this consolation prize.

legendary
Too funny !!!!!!!!!!! A moderator steps in & changes the title of his thread/rant & I bet he still won't get it  Roll Eyes

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
Winning!
KWH
legendary
In Collateral I Trust.

Excellent!

staff
Activity: 4200
Merit: 8441
legendary
KWH
legendary
In Collateral I Trust.
legendary
Pages: