Pages:
Author

Topic: WOW! Becoin failed to read and comprehend BFL's policy on BTC refunds - page 6. (Read 35776 times)

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007
1davout
No, it was not explained. Unless what you say is that you can exchange your customer money to other currencies without being a licensed and regulated currency exchange?
legendary
Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233
You paid int BTC it was converted into USD.
I paid BTC. Who converted them into $?
That's been explained in great detail on the first page of this thread.

No, it was not explained. Unless what you say is that you can exchange your customer money to other currencies without being a licensed and regulated currency exchange?
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
boy am I glad I switched to using the watchlist... now I can just unwatch crap.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007
1davout
1) the law says otherwise,
Really? Where? Where does the law say that you can repay a 1000 dollar debt with a 10 dollar bill?
legendary
1) the law says otherwise,
Really? Where? Where does the law say that you can repay a 1000 dollar debt with a 10 dollar bill?

1)2) If you paid in cows and the cows died, they obviously couldn't pay you back with the same cows, and any replacement cows would be subjective as to if they were exactly equivalent in all their 'cowness'.
Of course! The replacement cows are subjective as to the CURRENT cow/$ rate, not subjective to the THEN cow/$ when debt was made. If you can't see the difference, nobody can help you because you just don't want to see it.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
Legal tender laws in the US = private debt can always be settled in USD.
Of course, they CAN! However, their debt is denominated in bitcoins, not in dollars! I gave them bitcoins, not dollars! They MUST settle this debt AT CURRENT bitcoin/$ rate, not at the rate that was months ago!

Unfortunately no, you're wrong, and there is a good reason why you're wrong.
1) the law says otherwise, they can always pay you back in USD. It's public tender for ALL debts, public and private.
2) If you paid in cows and the cows died, they obviously couldn't pay you back with the same cows, and any replacement cows would be subjective as to if they were exactly equivalent in all their 'cowness'. So instead they have to pay you back in what the cows were worth at the time of the transaction in USD. Since no one could have known at the time of the transaction the value of a cow today, you can't ask for the value of the cow today, only of the value of the cow then, since that is when the value was known by all parties.

Sorry you can't be ballin' with your BTC at today's prices but that's how the cookie crumbles. If you wanted to be safe from dramatic exchange rate flux, you should have paid directly in USD. Being that USD to USD is worth the same today as it was months ago.

Better luck next time.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 2212
legendary
Activity: 1284
That's been explained in great detail on the first page of this thread.
legendary
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
I can't believe how stupid some people are. How many times does it have to be explained to you? You paid int BTC it was converted into USD. So stop being so fucking stupid
legendary
OK, let me summarize: I open a business in a country that is printing money like crazy, force my customers to pay in BTC as the only payment method and fail to deliver. Great.
Thanks for your support, mezzomix. I'm also astonished by the sheer stupidity of so many people on the these forums. There isn't much I can do! Sheep deserve their destiny.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1253
OK, let me summarize: I open a business in a country that is printing money like crazy, force my customers to pay in BTC as the only payment method and fail to deliver. Great.

Hello everybody,

I've developed a low power high performance mining rig. You get 100GH/s with only 50W of power. The shipment will start on Feb 4. 2013. Full refund in ARS guaranteed if I fail to deliver within the next 3 months. As my business is in argentina the price is 5000 ARS. At the moment I will only accept payments in BTC at the spot price. Pre-orders are welcome. First in the queue - first served!
legendary
I swear, if I were a mod, I would delete every new post concerning this topic.
If I were a mod I would ban people like you and your buddy clowns that are cluttering this thread with shitty images, so that nobody can read anything useful.

Bitcoin/$ price rise after I have published this thread proves what needs to be proved!

Take THAT ya douche!

KWH
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045
In Collateral I Trust.
If I were a mod I would ban people like you and your buddy clowns that are cluttering this thread with shitty images, so that nobody can read anything useful.

Bitcoin/$ price rise after I have published this thread proves what needs to be proved!

Take THAT ya douche!
legendary
legendary

Activity: 155
BFL's stance:
BFL' stance is different from MY stance. I'm right. They are wrong.

+1

You should tell them to release their ASICs right now. They'll have to comply in order to none wrong.
KWH
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045
In Collateral I Trust.

Kirk to Enterprise. What's the current conversion rate for Federation Credits to German Mark?

Hogan: We've received a transmission from the future from someone named Kirk about some internet douche being, well a douche. He asks us what we would do.
Schultz: What do you mean, from the future and what's an internet? Hells Bells on a ice cream stick, did you say douche???  Kommandant Klink will NOT be happy! I know nuuuuuuuuthinzs!

Activity: 196

Why do you say that?
Pages:
Jump to: