Pages:
Author

Topic: WTF Avalon? Ship the Chips! - page 5. (Read 45709 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
August 12, 2013, 07:22:21 AM
Double the chips infact would compensate the loss

Then you need to purchase double the amount of PCB's and there is shortage on some of the parts.

EDIT: Spelling

True, but the chips are the expensive part. Double the chips and i accept that i will have more pcb costs etc.

And then what, wait double the time for your delivery as he orders more?! Get your money back and buy Bitfury if you want chips.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
August 12, 2013, 07:14:55 AM

I'm not satisfied with doubled chips. Yifu should also send a cheerleader to each group buy organizer, and a bottle of whiskey to each buyer.

Information. Where are the chips right now? When are they going to arrive in our group buy leaders hands?
Refund anyone who asks.
Boycott Avalon until they do.
Start legal action now.

That be what we actually need.
Activity: 281
Merit: 250
August 12, 2013, 05:47:54 AM

Then you need to purchase double the amount of PCB's and there is shortage on some of the parts.

True, but the chips are the expensive part. Double the chips and i accept that i will have more pcb costs etc.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076
^ Will code for Bitcoins
August 12, 2013, 05:47:30 AM

I'm not satisfied with doubled chips. Yifu should also send a cheerleader to each group buy organizer, and a bottle of whiskey to each buyer.
Activity: 252
August 12, 2013, 04:30:45 AM

Activity: 219
Merit: 106
August 12, 2013, 04:22:17 AM

That is a good compensation.

I seriously doubt that any compensation will happen.
Despite the fact that 5 weeks ago we were looking at a 30 day roi and now it's prolli not even possible  Sad
Activity: 336
August 12, 2013, 04:06:02 AM

That is a good compensation.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
August 12, 2013, 04:06:01 AM

And probably their cheapest option. Though realistically a company would send an extra 10-20% or something like that.. not double lol Tongue
But it's already been shown that they don't give a shit about PR
g83
Activity: 448
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!
August 12, 2013, 03:58:14 AM
Activity: 281
August 12, 2013, 03:44:03 AM
I Would like to see a discount / refund of some % of the paid price of the chips. Or double the chips you bought to compensate the loss in value.
The chips are now a lot less of value !

Easiest would be to double the chips bougt, so group buyers can double to there customers and so on down the piramide.
Activity: 364
Merit: 251
August 12, 2013, 01:08:02 AM
Goofi Fucku FUCKED YOU ALL!

I told ya so!  Shocked
Activity: 140
August 11, 2013, 10:03:01 PM
They can fix that by having a lawyer do their communications in order to get a face-to-face conversation regarding some damage compensation. Bitsyncom can afford to knock a bit off the price of the chips relative to the lost time - that shouldn't be a huge deal. They don't have to have a lawsuit, they just need to force him into talks, get him to stop playing the stupid "I'm not here right now" game. Settle on an agreement.

Indeed. 

Sad that one needs to go to such lengths in order to properly communicate.  A few status updates and inbox filters could have done a lot to help avoid this situation.

Professionalism earns respect - and for good reason.
Activity: 378
August 11, 2013, 09:17:55 PM
We need to know why TerraHash and others haven't united to approach Avalon regarding compensation. They agreed to have the chips within a certain time-frame from ordering, i.e., 9-10 weeks. If they did not deliver the chips by then they have not met the requirement and need to compensate for that. If their product was not time-sensitive, it would not be an issue. Avalon needs to compensate relative to the BTC loss.

I would hope group buy organizers are already communicating in private to some extent.  Unfortunately, I imagine their attempts to communicate with Bitsyncom would be just as fruitless as anyone else's.
They can fix that by having a lawyer do their communications in order to get a face-to-face conversation regarding some damage compensation. Bitsyncom can afford to knock a bit off the price of the chips relative to the lost time - that shouldn't be a huge deal. They don't have to have a lawsuit, they just need to force him into talks, get him to stop playing the stupid "I'm not here right now" game. Settle on an agreement.
August 11, 2013, 09:06:21 PM
We need to know why TerraHash and others haven't united to approach Avalon regarding compensation. They agreed to have the chips within a certain time-frame from ordering, i.e., 9-10 weeks. If they did not deliver the chips by then they have not met the requirement and need to compensate for that. If their product was not time-sensitive, it would not be an issue. Avalon needs to compensate relative to the BTC loss.

I would hope group buy organizers are already communicating in private to some extent.  Unfortunately, I imagine their attempts to communicate with Bitsyncom would be just as fruitless as anyone else's.
August 11, 2013, 07:46:04 PM
Activity: 504
Merit: 102
CLEARSIGHT- THE #1 BLOCKCHAIN JOB PLATFORM
August 11, 2013, 07:38:57 PM
Strange that the majority of discourse has moved to the Incoming Avalon News thread, while our situation has not changed.  
That separate thread serves as a way to fragment the community's discussion and subsequently delay any punitive action.  The title of this thread is still 100% relevant.

The text posted @ avalon-asics.com seems intended to temporarily placate customers & 'buy more time'.
I imagine many buyers are hoping their order will be included in tentative shipments made "end of next week".  Considering BitSyncom's prior behavior, that outcome is highly unlikely.  Furthermore, there is no reason this new estimated shipping date should be trusted anymore than previous "9-10 weeks" statements.

To the best of my knowledge (please correct me if I'm mistaken):

• No new chip shipments have been made
  • No orders have been refunded

BitSyncom needs our help.  They require motivation.

Thanks go to Bitcoinorama & others who have posted some legal avenues through which we can provide this motivation.  
I have begun exploring these options among others.  I encourage group buy organizers and participants to do the same.

+1
August 10, 2013, 12:09:53 AM
I agree Lazer Horse. We got fed some BS. It looks like he literally picked a few of the stories posted about in the thread and put those down as explanations. He has to have more precise information than what he gave.
August 09, 2013, 11:36:37 PM
Strange that the majority of discourse has moved to the Incoming Avalon News thread, while our situation has not changed.  
That separate thread serves as a way to fragment the community's discussion and subsequently delay any punitive action.  The title of this thread is still 100% relevant.

The text posted @ avalon-asics.com seems intended to temporarily placate customers & 'buy more time'.
I imagine many buyers are hoping their order will be included in tentative shipments made "end of next week".  Considering BitSyncom's prior behavior, that outcome is highly unlikely.  Furthermore, there is no reason this new estimated shipping date should be trusted anymore than previous "9-10 weeks" statements.

To the best of my knowledge (please correct me if I'm mistaken):

• No new chip shipments have been made
  • No orders have been refunded

BitSyncom needs our help.  They require motivation.

Thanks go to Bitcoinorama & others who have posted some legal avenues through which we can provide this motivation.  
I have begun exploring these options among others.  I encourage group buy organizers and participants to do the same.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
August 09, 2013, 10:08:38 PM
Interpol only looks at cases that are refered by member countries, as far as I know.

Both the US and China are member countries.
Activity: 238
August 09, 2013, 09:52:09 PM
Interpol only looks at cases that are refered by member countries, as far as I know.
Pages:
Jump to: