Pages:
Author

Topic: WTF Avalon? Ship the Chips! - page 9. (Read 45709 times)

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1006
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
August 07, 2013, 08:01:29 PM
We want our chips or we want compensation for those chips - simple.

I would like to echo this as well. This is clearly a breach of contract with tangible, calculable damages.
What "contract"?  Under who's jurisdiction?  What was your "valuable consideration" for this "contract" and can you prove you "paid it" and the "entity" you made this "contract" with "received it"?
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091
August 07, 2013, 07:59:13 PM
There is certainly "life at Avalon."  I was poked by the team, to make sure my batch #3 arrived (it did, even after a shipping address mistake, though manual intervention with DHL was required).

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1006
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
August 07, 2013, 07:58:26 PM
They have to have the chips, they have already made them and sent out product. That means they are either sitting on the chips or lost the funds to pay for the chips or the Chinese won't let them have the chips.
If you are talking gov or army I doubt it.  The amounts are quite insignificant.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076
^ Will code for Bitcoins
August 07, 2013, 07:53:04 PM
I think it is safe to assume that Yifu is not holding back the chips for the sake of the Avalon batch #3 customers, that batch is almost completed and the risk of law-suits is too great that he will gamble with it. It is highly probable that chips do not exists at this moment otherwise he would have shiped at least some quantity to stop the commotion.

Key questions is: What is the reason that Avalon doesn't have enough chips to ship? We can only try to guess, so these are few assumptions and some data to back each one:

1) Yifu doesn't have enough money to pay TMSC manfacturing the chips.
Data:
- He stated several times he doesn't control BTC address which received the payments. At the moment we assumed that he received cash in exchange for the control of it, but fact that funds are still siting on that address unspent is puzzling.

2) Yifu is not in control of Avalon design and the data needed for fabrication.
Data:
-  Members of the Avalon team had several confirmed disagreements, and even the chip designer carrying the nickname "Gridchip" was allegedly trying to find another partnership instead of Yifu's. It is also unclear how is Gridchip connected to the giant delivery of Avalon chips to Russia, it may be possible that he is in some way involved in that deal apart from the rest of the Avalon team. Could it be possible that delivery caused permanent split, and Gridchip took some data with him which is essential for chip manufacturing?

3) ... (feel free to add your own)
Activity: 177
Merit: 100
August 07, 2013, 07:50:57 PM
They have to have the chips, they have already made them and sent out product. That means they are either sitting on the chips or lost the funds to pay for the chips or the Chinese won't let them have the chips.

I think so as well, once the time is right (as defined by the whichever entity is controlling them), they will quietly ship out the chips. 
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
August 07, 2013, 07:46:06 PM
lost the funds to pay for the chips

Maybe they lost the key to that big bitcoin stash they have set up for chip orders.  Shocked
Activity: 574
August 07, 2013, 07:45:33 PM
We want our chips or we want compensation for those chips - simple.

I would like to echo this as well. This is clearly a breach of contract with tangible, calculable damages.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
August 07, 2013, 07:42:24 PM
Activity: 546
August 07, 2013, 07:39:49 PM
I get the feeling a shitstorm is brewing.

Yeah, It's not just individuals investing in mining rigs. This time it's people's livelihoods at stake, setting up hardware building shops in preparation for chip supplies.
August 07, 2013, 07:34:45 PM
I think some of this may have to do with controlling the amount of Hashing power on the network. They think they know best how it should progress and so they are going to keep everyone else from mining until they think the time is right to up the hashing power.

No. I'm sick of hearing this excuse. If they were being "responsible" they would've cut-off their ordering at so many #'s of batches. NOT take your money and fail to deliver.
I'm not saying they are being "responsible", I am saying they think they have some control over it and are exercising it either for themselves or the early buyers.
Activity: 238
August 07, 2013, 07:32:29 PM
I think some of this may have to do with controlling the amount of Hashing power on the network. They think they know best how it should progress and so they are going to keep everyone else from mining until they think the time is right to up the hashing power.

No. I'm sick of hearing this excuse. If they were being "responsible" they would've cut-off their ordering at so many #'s of batches. NOT take your money and fail to deliver.
August 07, 2013, 07:29:12 PM
Activity: 238
August 07, 2013, 07:27:30 PM
I get the feeling a shitstorm is brewing. Bitsyncom should've known better. The entire community has been on redline for stress/anger/patience due to BFL, even the slightest bit of misconduct will be met with full force by every means available to us - and failure to communicate for 5 weeks is not slight, it's very serious. We want our chips or we want compensation for those chips - simple.
Activity: 177
August 07, 2013, 07:18:01 PM
I contacted Phil at thegenesisblock.com, he is looking into this for us as well.

Thanks for the update, glad that Philip Archer's on this, his article with the details about the 135 boxes to the reseller was very well done.
Activity: 364
August 07, 2013, 07:14:01 PM
You mean like this?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/The-Block-Erupter-Blade-Fried-cat-blade-10g-Bitcoin-Miner/1114058606.html
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/The-Block-Erupter-Blade-5G-Bitcoin-Miner-Price-1699-USD-ACCEPT-BTC-16-BTC/1143248803.html

The 5GH/s Blade isnt' even available outside China yet (still too overpriced; if it was this price 2 months ago I would've been interested). I'd have to say that these are cut down or partial AM blade clones as they haven't announced them or listed them on the AM site, and Gen2 chips are supposed to arrive in Oct/Nov.
August 07, 2013, 06:43:44 PM
I'll say what's not being said here.

Clearly the Chinese have discovered their new found love for mining and simply put, the Chinese gets it first. Perhaps the reason why anybody is having a hard time with any shipment of miners coming from China except those usb eruptors.

Thing about China is that you know they are running off batches for themselves. That is what they do with NorthFace and Nike and the rest. They just make a few extra for themselves and then sell them to tourists for bargains.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
August 07, 2013, 06:31:07 PM
I'll say what's not being said here.

Clearly the Chinese have discovered their new found love for mining and simply put, the Chinese gets it first. Perhaps the reason why anybody is having a hard time with any shipment of miners coming from China except those usb eruptors.
Activity: 266
August 07, 2013, 06:14:21 PM
I contacted Phil at thegenesisblock.com, he is looking into this for us as well.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
August 07, 2013, 06:13:24 PM
Has anyone contacted the NY State Attorney General to file an Internet Commerce complaint?  If not, why not?
Activity: 266
August 07, 2013, 06:11:12 PM
Quoting from the Avalon user thread:

I was wondering too.

Did you get a reply from Yifu ?

I emailed the info@ address and got a reply from NG Zhang about an hour later. I have yet to receive a follow up reply.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I've contacted a few clone builders and am going to take everything apart right now to get an idea of what parts I need and how much they will cost.

So NG Zhang is answering emails. Yifu seems MIA (no activity posts on reddit for a month as well).
I suggest we all shoot them an email
Pages:
Jump to: