Pages:
Author

Topic: [WTS] Honey Caramels - page 22. (Read 50805 times)

Activity: 270
Merit: 250
1CoinLabF5Avpp5kor41ngn7prTFMMHFVc
October 04, 2012, 08:14:50 PM
We just ordered a pound.  Can't wait to try these!  Grin
Activity: 123
Merit: 100
September 18, 2012, 10:22:41 PM
Just got my second order from bees bros and both have been exceptionally good. This second one was also exceptionally quick (I ordered on Friday and received three days later on Monday). Kudos for product quality and for timely shipping. I highly recommend the honey almonds and the granola (I got the assortment box this last time). Any chance that the granola will show up on your site for sale on its own? The caramels are, as many have noted here, absolutely delicious and my wife has asked me to hide them and dole them out one or two at a time so they don't just disappear immediately.

I was wondering just how many of your 12 oz glass jars of honey will fit into what size shipping boxes (with their respective shipping prices) as my old source for raw honey was not at my local farmers market this year so I need to be stocking up again. I'm trying to figure out the least cost on shipping per unit, then I'll see about snagging enough Bitcoins to order that number of the 12 oz jars in that size box. Sorry to be a pest like this but I am guessing you've already figured out how many will fit for each size of the flat rate priority boxes.

Thank you...
Thralen
Activity: 457
Merit: 291
September 18, 2012, 12:30:03 AM

While BitPay is down, due to some DDOS attacks, you can always send a PM and we will send you a quote and and address.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1196636

The blackberry caramels turned out great.  They are the kid's new favorite.

Thursday will be our first time harvesting comb honey.  We only have about 5 frames worth.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
September 14, 2012, 10:19:20 PM
Worlds best combo. Thanks again Bees Bros, I'll be back for more soon.

September 14, 2012, 10:53:54 AM
There is notablely more honey in these than Bit-o-Honey candies, though.

I sure wish we had the name Bit-O-Honey.  Not only do we use a significant amount of honey, but we use BITcoins as well  Grin

Bit-O-Honey's first ingredient is corn syrup.  Honey is listed towards the end of the list after Modified Food Starch, meaning there is just a big enough drip of honey in the large vat to justify a name with honey in it.

Honey is the first ingredient in our caramels and there is no corn syrup.  We do add a little bit of brown sugar to make the caramels firm.  If we make caramels at our house, then each of our open windows has about 100 bees hovering around the window screens trying to get in because they can smell the honey.

Also... trying to make another order...
the non-bitcoin store has less awesome options for combo's and shipping...

We wanted to give bitcoiners a special that fiat doesn't get.  But we can give you the same deal... since you are a bitcoiner and a repeat customer.  I sent you a PM.

Moonshadow,
I am going to start cleaning up wax this Saturday and get your wax gadget made.

On another note, we just had our new commercial kitchen inspected yesterday and the inspector said "This looks great" and we passed with flying colors.  If I can find an open night this week or next, I still need to sheet rock the pantry and then we can move in.

I just bought a huge box of blackberries, and tonight we will experiment in making a blackberry honey caramel.

Activity: 31
Merit: 0
September 14, 2012, 03:08:19 AM

We will have those shipped out tomorrow.

Sent you an email asking what kind of flavors you would like.

They arrived today, and my kids cried when they were all gone, so they must have liked them...

They kind of remind me of those bit o honey candies, except that a pound of bit o honey lasts longer then an hour..

Yeah, that was similar to my experiences.  There is notablely more honey in these than Bit-o-Honey candies, though.

And larger almond chunks...

I'm craving more now...

also, a cinnamon (ceylon) flavor could be awesome... I already take cinnamon and honey when I remember...

Also... trying to make another order...
the non-bitcoin store has less awesome options for combo's and shipping...
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007
September 13, 2012, 07:19:01 PM

They arrived today, and my kids cried when they were all gone, so they must have liked them...

They kind of remind me of those bit o honey candies, except that a pound of bit o honey lasts longer then an hour..

Yeah, that was similar to my experiences.  There is notablely more honey in these than Bit-o-Honey candies, though.
September 13, 2012, 06:08:11 PM

September 11, 2012, 12:55:34 AM
Just ordered 1lb of random caramels...

wish y'all were in Eastern KS, so it was "local honey"

but can't resist trying the caramel...

September 10, 2012, 11:34:13 PM
Just ordered 1lb of random caramels...

wish y'all were in Eastern KS, so it was "local honey"

but can't resist trying the caramel...
September 05, 2012, 10:15:17 AM
Thanks guys!  Glad you liked everything.

Had a little mix-up with the scheduling of the honey extractor this past weekend, but should be able to get all of this year's honey extracted this evening.
Not as much honey as we had hoped, but due to the lack of rain this summer, it is really thick.

Next week (I hope) our commercial kitchen should be done (assuming the health inspector doesn't give a new requirement).  Appliances get moved in today, and then I need to sheet rock and paint the pantry.

After that, we will pull the last of the honey, which will all be comb honey. I will have some details on that later.  There isn't a lot of the comb honey so it will go fast.

legendary
Activity: 1031
Merit: 1000
September 05, 2012, 03:31:38 AM
The almonds are also the best I have had.

Wow, the almonds are good! Plus, 20 almonds per day before bed on a regular basis increases testosterone.
legendary
Activity: 938
What's a GPU?
September 04, 2012, 11:21:56 PM
I got yet another order of caramels today, great as always. Thanks guys!
legendary
September 04, 2012, 10:45:32 PM
I am about to place a 3rd order and I can't say enough about their products and customer service. I am very happy to support a family oriented business like this.
My personal favorite are the raspberry caramels.  The almonds are also the best I have had.

Keep up the great work

Have only eaten the plain honey caramels but really looking forward to the raspberry ones because I love raspberry.

Extremely high quality products and would highly recommend. A great value proposition with a wonderful presentation so they would make great gifts for those women in your life.
Activity: 924
Merit: 507
August 30, 2012, 05:11:48 AM
I have made 20-25 batches of mead and would gladly help anyone out with any questions they might have.

I will really only help if you plan on purchasing your honey with BTC from these guys though Wink
legendary
August 30, 2012, 02:45:21 AM
Both groups we don't want anything to do with. 

But, but .....

August 30, 2012, 01:41:27 AM
I've got another one for you, if you have the extra honey.  You can bottle some honey mead.

http://www.stormthecastle.com/mead/index.htm

I've never had mead before, but I'd be willing to try it.

We have several who have asked us to make it and even thought about it but...

When you start making ethanol and selling it, you need to have regular visits from the ATF.

And since this business is largely the kids doing it...pretty sure we would have child services visiting often too.

Both groups we don't want anything to do with. 

Someone knows how to deal with a bad economy.

If the economy got worse, then we just might.  Already have a label thought out... "Yellow Jacket Honey" and the whole thing would move underground Cool

I am selling a gallon of Sage honey to a friend tomorrow who is making Mead.

legendary
August 29, 2012, 06:41:33 PM
I've got another one for you, if you have the extra honey.  You can bottle some honey mead.

http://www.stormthecastle.com/mead/index.htm

I've never had mead before, but I'd be willing to try it.
August 29, 2012, 05:04:01 PM
MoonShadow,

Something like a soup can would be really easy.  I will PM you with a few more questions to make sure we make exactly what you want.

This will be a good motivator to start working with wax again.  We have several who have asked for candles, but haven't yet taken the time to clean up all the wax and make the candles.

legendary
August 29, 2012, 04:12:28 PM

I have a product suggestion.  Once upon a time, I worked in construction, and using a drill bit to cut steel with cutting oil was effective but messy.  There was this oldster that had a cardboard tube of beeswax that he would drill into before drilling steel.  The beeswax would cling to the bit groves and melt as the bit heated up and dribble into the workpiece.  His bits stayed sharper for longer than most.  I've never seen anyone since use this technique, and I don't know how he got the beeswax into the cardboard tube.  Maybe he bought it that way, but the tube just looked like the kind you would end up with after emptying a roll of paper towels.  Perhaps half of a towel tube.  It's been a while.  

Anyway, I'd like a tube of beeswax for this purpose.

We could do something like that.  Do you want a paper towel tube filled with beeswax?  Or something a little shorter? Narrower or wider? Just give us some dimensions and we will see what we can do.

Ideally, something about the size and shape of a Campbell's soup can.  In fact, a soup can would be perfect, because I'd be able to put the can into the car on a hot day to calmly melt and recool once I've drilled enough holes into it that it needs reforming.

EDIT: A top would be ideal, however.  Otherwise it'll get dirty at my work, and might attract bugs.

Does the drill bit get hot enough that it melts the wax to refill the hole in the beeswax? or would you need a container that can be heated to remelt the beeswax to fill in the hole after its been used?  

No, drilling into the wax will leave a hole in the solid wax, but also a portion of the wax will be stuck into the groves of the drill bit.  As one drills into the workpeiece, teh tip of the bit heats up and as that heat spreads down the bit, small amounts of wax melt and trickle down onto the workpiece.  I've tried it with old candles, but that parrafin wax used in commercial candles tends to crumble away from the bit and sling away as I drill.  The beeswax will do some of this, but it seems to cling to the bit better.  Sticker, I guess.  I haven't had any beeswx to use in this manner in years, and I only recently remembered this trick while doing some repair work, and I thought of you guys.
Pages:
Jump to: