Pages:
Author

Topic: [WTS] USB Style PCI-E 1x - 16x Powered Riser Cables !! $5.95 ea 25k + Sold! - page 17. (Read 48127 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
I wasn't being an ass, you asked a question about a totally different product. These don't connect the power lines. Power is supplied by the molex, I have tested amp draw on all the lines. There is no "current backflow". This is NOT a ribbon cable, but a usb cable. These are designed for this purpose.

If you say so bud. Confirmation that none of the 12v lines were connected back to the motherboard would have been sufficient. I'm aware they are different products, that's exactly why I had to ask the question.

You didn't ask, you said you had seen tons of motherboards fried with these risers. That's not true.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
I wasn't being an ass, you asked a question about a totally different product. These don't connect the power lines. Power is supplied by the molex, I have tested amp draw on all the lines. There is no "current backflow". This is NOT a ribbon cable, but a usb cable. These are designed for this purpose.

If you say so bud. Confirmation that none of the 12v lines were connected back to the motherboard would have been sufficient. I'm aware they are different products, that's exactly why I had to ask the question.
any estimation on the 1 ft version?  Thanks!

The usb cable isn't carrying power. The draw will be depending on your card. For example, my r9-280Xs running hot each draw 2.6 amps at 12v with the fan running 100%. I've heard of some drawing 75+ watts, which would be almost twice that much. You really have to test your cards when designing power supplies.
Activity: 53

any estimation on the 1 ft version?  Thanks!
Do these allow current to flow back to the motherboard? That's an issue I've seen with a ton of these risers, which is easily resolved by modifying the ribbon. With these, I would not be able to make that modification if necessary. A ton of motherboards are being fried by the board being overloaded by current flowing back from the 12v line.

A ton? Show me links to that. Motherboards get fried when people run five or six gpus with unpowered risers each trying to draw 2-3 amps or more. Do you even understand how a powered riser works? There is no "current flow" back to the motherboard. The USB lines handle data, the molex provides 12v and 5v (converted to 3.3 for pice spec).

Seriously? You're selling a product and you decide responding like an asshole is the best approach? Why not try asking someone to clarify instead of assuming they don't know wtf they are talking about?

Here's more information on the issue, which yes, is an issue.
https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=10232.0
http://forum.feathercoin.com/index.php?topic=2193.0

There's no reason for the 12v to be connected when you're added an extra powered 12v connection. That's the entire point of the powered riser. You're either burning up the board by drawing too much power without powered risers, or you're burning it in reverse if the 12v pin is connected at the board. This is why people are modifying ribbon cables to resolve this issue.
Do these allow current to flow back to the motherboard? That's an issue I've seen with a ton of these risers, which is easily resolved by modifying the ribbon. With these, I would not be able to make that modification if necessary. A ton of motherboards are being fried by the board being overloaded by current flowing back from the 12v line.

A ton? Show me links to that. Motherboards get fried when people run five or six gpus with unpowered risers each trying to draw 2-3 amps or more. Do you even understand how a powered riser works? There is no "current flow" back to the motherboard. The USB lines handle data, the molex provides 12v and 5v (converted to 3.3 for pice spec).
Do these allow current to flow back to the motherboard? That's an issue I've seen with a ton of risers, which is easily resolved by modifying the ribbon. With these, I would not be able to make that modification if necessary. A ton of motherboards are being fried by the board being overloaded by current flowing back from the 12v line.
Activity: 31
Can you overnight 5 60's? Let me know? I am in NY.
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
Miner / Engineer
Done !

Saw the change!  Oh man, what customer service...

* Place order on website.  

* Seller posts pictures of what he got in stock online, blows everyone away with how good they look.

* Buyer realizes he wants that color combo.  Tells owner to change his order.

* Seller changes order, updates with emails, and submits a tracking number in email.

* Buyer comes back and praises seller.  Smiley
Miner / Engineer
Ha, you're right!  I ordered the 60cm ones, per order confirmation email:

PCI-E Powered Riser Card 60cm 24" USB Cable
60cmRiser   5   $17.99 USD   $89.95 US

Whichever are blue on blue, I'll take!  If all you got are the 1 meter (100 cm) ones, that's fine.  If the 60cm ones you are getting in stock soon are the same color, I may wait - but sooner than later I am for.  Smiley  Since, they are the same price.

In Stock!  1M version, lots sold already, more coming mid next week.

Looks great!  Love the blue cable and teal-ish blue PCBs!  Oh man, I'm hoping that's the color I got!

Can you tell me that the 40cm ones I ordered today are that color?  (blue PCBs and blue cables)?  I'd really prefer those over the cheap-looking green PCB.  Your website has pictures of both so it made it confusing.

If the ones I got are green, I'll take the longer 100cm ones, or 1 meter ones in that pic.  Smiley

ALso, if I read it right, you also include the Molex-to-SATA adapter with each of these, correct?  My PSUs has 2 Molex, and like 12 Sata.

I don't have 40 cm ones, there are 30,60,100. I only have these so far, I'll add pics of the other ones when I get them. These do look damn nice Smiley

Each card includes the items shown in that pic.
Miner / Engineer
In Stock!  1M version, lots sold already, more coming mid next week.

Looks great!  Love the blue cable and teal-ish blue PCBs!  Oh man, I'm hoping that's the color I got!

Can you tell me that the 40cm ones I ordered today are that color?  (blue PCBs and blue cables)?  I'd really prefer those over the cheap-looking green PCB.  Your website has pictures of both so it made it confusing.

If the ones I got are green, I'll take the longer 100cm ones, or 1 meter ones in that pic.  Smiley

ALso, if I read it right, you also include the Molex-to-SATA adapter with each of these, correct?  My PSUs has 2 Molex, and like 12 Sata.

In Stock!  1M version, lots sold already, more coming mid next week.

Activity: 31
Can you overnight these? If so, I will take 5 of the longer ones!
Activity: 13
Ordered 5x 60cm versions today.  Figured, what the heck.. I can always lay GPUs on their side outside of my rig if too long.

What PCIe version are these?  1.1, 2.0 or 3.0?  Cause bandwidth doubles in each.  Most PCIe slots are 2.0 I know, but plugging into an x16 PCIe 3.0 slot should yield... PCie 3.0 bandwidth?

I ask because I also do some CUDA computations, which requires some very high bandwidth.  It would double my calculations is it is x1 PCIe 3.0 over x1 PCIe 2.0.

Theses won't give you extra bandwidth nor loose some, since the PCIe controllers are in the CPU and/or the Chipset depending on the platform you're using and in the GPU card, and theses controllers will set the PCIe speed this way : the actual PCIe speed will match the lowest PCIe revision of your hardware.
As USB3 wire are designed to support high bandwidth, I would expect theses risers to work well at 1x PCIe 3.0 speed.
I've ordered 3 of theses 100cm length risers, I'll tell here if they works well.
Ordered 5x 60cm versions today.  Figured, what the heck.. I can always lay GPUs on their side outside of my rig if too long.

What PCIe version are these?  1.1, 2.0 or 3.0?  Cause bandwidth doubles in each.  Most PCIe slots are 2.0 I know, but plugging into an x16 PCIe 3.0 slot should yield... PCie 3.0 bandwidth?

I ask because I also do some CUDA computations, which requires some very high bandwidth.  It would double my calculations is it is x1 PCIe 3.0 over x1 PCIe 2.0.

I think you are right, the port would determine the speed. This is just an extender. Mining doesn't need the speed, and I'm not sure of a way to test that. When you find out, please let us all know!

Not here yet, just spent twenty minutes arguing with dhl about why they weren't here Wednesday. Won't be using them again unless I have to.
Miner / Engineer
Ordered 5x 60cm versions today.  Figured, what the heck.. I can always lay GPUs on their side outside of my rig if too long.

What PCIe version are these?  1.1, 2.0 or 3.0?  Cause bandwidth doubles in each.  Most PCIe slots are 2.0 I know, but plugging into an x16 PCIe 3.0 slot should yield... PCie 3.0 bandwidth?

I ask because I also do some CUDA computations, which requires some very high bandwidth.  It would double my calculations is it is x1 PCIe 3.0 over x1 PCIe 2.0.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
just out of curiosity, has anyone tested the 1 meter cables  (or other distances) and is everything within proper specs for the pci-e signal going over the usb cable?

I remember reading some concerns over this in the older threads when these first starting showing up.

i may have to order some 60 cm as i just don't want to wait a month for them to show up from china.  do you know how long usps priority to md takes?

These are spec'd to work with up to 3metre cables actually, so yes, 100cm shouldn't have any issue.

RickJamesBTC: Get your shipment in?
Pages:
Jump to: