Pages:
Author

Topic: [WTS] USB Style PCI-E 1x - 16x Powered Riser Cables !! $5.95 ea 25k + Sold! - page 10. (Read 48127 times)

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
I'm very happy with the pro btc motherboards. I got them from newegg one at a time, but at least they were only $70. They work great, setup fast and have no driver issues. 6 cards on risers from the start without a problem.

Risers are selling FAST. I'll be sold out soon. After this, it will probably be at least a week until I receive more.
to which boards are you refering with "the pro btc motherboards"?
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Sent you a PM earlier
Activity: 236
Merit: 100
I'm very happy with the pro btc motherboards. I got them from newegg one at a time, but at least they were only $70. They work great, setup fast and have no driver issues. 6 cards on risers from the start without a problem.

Risers are selling FAST. I'll be sold out soon. After this, it will probably be at least a week until I receive more.

Agreed, the boards and risers are working great for me as well!

Activity: 378

Activity: 87
Merit: 10
Received my 12 risers from this past weekend's order yesterday. Seem to be of good quality and 6 of them are working fine in a H81 BTC MB.
OK,  I'm putting these up for sale now, orders will ship tomorrow or Monday depending on how long it takes me to package them. I only have 1m cable length units at this time. I had to raise the price temporarily, because I can't even order any more right now. I only got these because they were sitting at the airport for almost two weeks. I'll have more in soon, and I'll be lowering the price at that time. If you need them ASAP this is the only way I can do it.
Thanks!

http://www.magicgrowing.com/categories/bitcoin-mining.html
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
@halofirebtc
to clarify, i did not jump any slots.

Idk what the issue was, but ordered new mobo.  will b here 2moro, hopefully.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128514

after more forum searching, seems asrock 970 has some issues with gpu risers in general, regardless of powered/unpowered or OS.
You do not have to jump any wires with these risers. They provide the connection for the pci presence already. These can be used with any motherboard, as they simply provide a data connection for the wires required, and absolutely no connection to the power lines involved. These are not the same as the ribbon cable risers, which are often poorly made, or provide a parallel connection of power supplies across a very small wire. Sometimes when that happens, people try to connect two power supplies, which are both providing the card with power. If the auxiliary power supply is turned off in any way, the card will try to draw all of the required power through the motherboard, which is what you are trying to avoid with a powered riser. That's why people cut the wires connecting the power to the motherboard side. The USB style risers do not have this issue, it is not possible.

I've never heard of the issues you are having, however like I said, it really sounds like a problem with windows. You should try out the BAMT install, it is very easy, there are multiple guides on setting it up, and it is much more capable of recognizing multiple cards.
@halofirebtc
i used the wires that came with my psu, got 2 of 3 gpu's to at least recognize. seems one of my 270x won't be recognized. yellow molex pin pulled out of the harness like flowdoge said. now to figure out the third...
i can get all three to recognize, but i have to leave one card in the mobo, in the earliest slot. i say earliest because it has to be first in line of pcie positions 1-3 of the 5 slots i have. Also, cgminer is un-usable, i get BSOD. again, works fine if everything direct to mobo.

Drivers: i have uninstalled, reinstalled in every possible combination: one card at a time, one card direct on board and one on riser, 2 on board and 1 on riser....etc, etc.

I have read i may need to jumper the pcie1x slot, but thats if i used the 1x. Don't know if I would have to jumper the 16x slots im using. Also read my board doesn't take well to powered risers.

In AMD Catalyst, I see the 3 gpus. Only the one on the mobo is enabled. Also, now I can't run cgminer with boards attached to mobo directly.

well, it doesnt matter now. 2 month old motherboard is officially dead. Will be buying a gigabyte board and post results when it arrives.

First make sure they work without the risers. Put the cards in right on the motherboard. If they're still not showing up, your cards and/or motherboard and/or OS setup are hosed. If at any point you have reversed the risers, you have likely fried things. If they work, then move on:
i posted in first post i wrote they all work attached to mobo directly. issue was heat.
Not reserving anything, I'll turn the items back on when they arrive, shipping immediately. Looks like Friday for 1m cable versions, next week for shorter ones. If anyone wants to order a large amount (100+ risers) contact me for the best deal.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
I'd like to reserve/buy 10 when they get back in stock. Actually depending on shipping I may just order $250 worth.
Activity: 616
i bought 3 of these off your ebay, magicgrow...etc etc. i can't seem to get them to work, tried all 3. i plugged in molex, molex is attached to hard drive and psu. gpu isn't recognized in device manager. if i directly hook up gpu to mobo, it works. when i attach to your cable/card, gpu isn't recognized. help!

corsair 1200ax
12gb ddr3
amd fx 4400
2 @ xfx r9 270x
1@ xfx r9 290
asrock extreme 4 970 mobo

First make sure they work without the risers. Put the cards in right on the motherboard. If they're still not showing up, your cards and/or motherboard and/or OS setup are hosed. If at any point you have reversed the risers, you have likely fried things. If they work, then move on:

Second, sometimes windows has issues using GPUs which are only on the 1x pcie format, especially AMD-based ones. Reboot several times, they might start showing up one at a time. I've seen that solve it.

Third, don't use windows to mine, try an alternate setup. Try BAMT, for example.
Activity: 236
Merit: 100
Would like to order 10 pieces when they are back in stock.

RickJamesBTC, do the little boards have the shorted pin for the sensing of PCIe card? If not, that may be his issue as well. He may then need to manually add a jumper wire for that. Just a suggestion.

Yes, the little boards connect the presence pin at the 1x length. These work for hundreds of customers without issue, the problem has to be in his setup, especially if none of the three units works for him.
Activity: 784
I bought 6.8 BTC (6k USD) in risers, without escrow.

Because of low stock he made a fast refund of 25%.

Fast shipping. Recommendable.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
i bought 3 of these off your ebay, magicgrow...etc etc. i can't seem to get them to work, tried all 3. i plugged in molex, molex is attached to hard drive and psu. gpu isn't recognized in device manager. if i directly hook up gpu to mobo, it works. when i attach to your cable/card, gpu isn't recognized. help!

corsair 1200ax
12gb ddr3
amd fx 4400
2 @ xfx r9 270x
1@ xfx r9 290
asrock extreme 4 970 mobo

Are you sure you are plugging the little card in correctly, the notch should hang over the end of the pcie socket. Bad things happen if you turn it the other way. Have you tried them one at a time? Do you use dummy plugs? I'm sorry, I don't really mine in windows, so these are the only issues I can think of. Switch to xubuntu or BAMT, nice and easy!

RickJamesBTC, do the little boards have the shorted pin for the sensing of PCIe card? If not, that may be his issue as well. He may then need to manually add a jumper wire for that. Just a suggestion.
Activity: 280
I'd also like to reserve five of the USB risers when they become available...
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
I've noticed the molex to sata power adapters sometime will push the pins out of the molex end when you plug them in. I didn't use the adapter as I had free molex plugs from my PSU.
red 5
yellow 12.15
molex can only be plugged in one way
little white plug need to be plugged in? its not, hasn't been. went by your pics, pics show no white plug.

That's just an extra plug, the only cables I could get with the correct gender connectors at the time.

Have you tried leaving one gpu on the motherboard and adding the others via riser?
@halofirebtc
red 5
yellow 12.15
molex can only be plugged in one way
little white plug need to be plugged in? its not, hasn't been. went by your pics, pics show no white plug.
Pages:
Jump to: