Pages:
Author

Topic: [WTS] USB Style PCI-E 1x - 16x Powered Riser Cables !! $5.95 ea 25k + Sold! - page 9. (Read 48127 times)

Activity: 113
Merit: 10
Hi,
ordered 10x 1m risers, they made it to France in 12 days (5 days FR to FR, weird!)
Seems to work fine, but only tested with 2 GPU as I fried a CS650M PSU last week while powering 2 R9_290 : worked fine for 2 days, then...PSU dead (3 GPU into the case)

GPU : 2/4 Asus R9_290
MB: Asus Crosshair Formula-Z
PSU : Fractal Design Tesla 1000W (80+ Gold)
I first tested with risers unpowered, it didn't boot
When powering risers through molex it's working very nice, however after 2 hours of testing, when putting cards back on the mobo, I noticed they were VERY hot, like really hotter than when into the case. I have to try unplugging the molex connected to the mobo to see if they get cooler.

Will definitely order more for next upgrade

These are powered risers, I don't know how many times I can say it, they have to be plugged in to work!!  What are you talking about cards on the motherboard were hot? What molex plugged into the motherboard? Something isn't adding up here.

Okay, I won't try again to use these without molex plugged-in !
The cards seemed hotter to me than when I use them into the case : maybe it's just a better global cooling into the case (with 2 cards max of course, this case also has 11 fans, including CPU fans)
The extra-molex plugged into the motherboard is the one supposed to power PCI-Express cards. I think it's useless when using external powered risers, and it could be safely removed to avoid an overpower issue
Re-reading your previous posts, I understand it IS useless to use extra-molex on the motherboard when using powered risers, as you stated speaking about the BTC-Pro motherboard with 2 extra-molex.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 950
fly or die
To me the advantage of USPS over Fedex/UPS is that you have a good chance of avoiding import taxes, that easily amount to 25% of the price of items+shipping.

I also got 5*1m ones to France in about 10 days.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
@RickjamesBTC: I finally got the notice for the order to be delivered from the Post office, so it took a bit more than 2 weeks from order to arrive. Are you thinking about other shipping methods as well?

I try not to make any money on shipping, so the price is what it is. If people want to pay $100 or more for international express shipping with FedEx or even usps still, I can do it. When I offer the first shipping rate it is the cheapes option.
Hi,
ordered 10x 1m risers, they made it to France in 12 days (5 days FR to FR, weird!)
Seems to work fine, but only tested with 2 GPU as I fried a CS650M PSU last week while powering 2 R9_290 : worked fine for 2 days, then...PSU dead (3 GPU into the case)

When powering risers through molex it's working very nice, however after 2 hours of testing, when putting cards back on the mobo, I noticed they were VERY hot, like really hotter than when into the case. I have to try unplugging the molex connected to the mobo to see if they get cooler.

These are powered risers, I don't know how many times I can say it, they have to be plugged in to work!!  What are you talking about cards on the motherboard were hot? What molex plugged into the motherboard? Something isn't adding up here.
KS
Activity: 448
@RickjamesBTC: I finally got the notice for the order to be delivered from the Post office, so it took a bit more than 2 weeks from order to arrive. Are you thinking about other shipping methods as well?
KS
Activity: 448
4x Sapphire R9 290 OC'd to 1000/1350 for 880KH/s each, coupled to an Asus P8Z77 WS (didn't bother turning anything off) and a Celeron G465 with 4Gb of RAM, draw 1420W at the wall with a 1500W Enermax Platimax (80+Platinum with 92% efficiency at that load on 230V). The actual draw is about 1306W for the PSU to supply, so it's at about an 87% load.

Don't even try running 4x R9 290 with only a 1000W PSU. If you're lucky you might be able to do it with a good 1350W PSU, but it would still be close to 100% load, not good for the life of the equipment.

Activity: 113
Merit: 10
Hi,

copper member
Activity: 199
Merit: 14
Ive used it before on another shopping site
All you really have to do is just paste your bitcoin wallet address into the space provided on the link.
If you have a wallet setup to accept those special links then great, but otherwise just do it manually.
Works like a charm.
Look into Bitpay
You can have a link on your site similar to a paypal link.

That doesn't work with variables like shipping. It's ok, I think I've got it covered.

NOW ACCEPTING BITCOIN DIRECTLY ON THE SHOPPING CART!!

Try it out, let me know how it works. I have made several test orders, the fees are low and the transactions work perfectly. You need to follow the instructions, and I'm not sure what bitcoin clients it can launch. It will provide you a payment address and exact total, once you pay that total it will show in my system as paid.

No returns on Bitcoin purchases after shipping!

If I start having problems or not receiving payments, I'll turn it off. I think this should be solid though.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
How much is shipping to the UK?

Thanks.

Edit/ I would want 5x of these I think.
copper member
Activity: 199
Merit: 14
Look into Bitpay
You can have a link on your site similar to a paypal link.
International shipping seems to take a week, payment by bitcoin is the only way for international, and I just get a conversion at the time of the order. I'm working on adding a bitcoin payment option directly to my site, but that's not really my specialty.
Activity: 840
Merit: 255
SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes
Hey, if I pre-order 6 usb risers now, when will I get them in Portugal? And how much will they cost in BTC?
Preorders are now live on my website!
Thank you all for the business.
http://www.magicgrowing.com/categories/bitcoin-mining.html
All gone again!

I will probably start taking orders at normal prices soon for the next shipment, it will be at least the 17th when they get here and I ship them out.
The extra plugs on the motherboard provide more power to the pcie slot connectors, in case someone were to use unpowered ribbon cable risers. Most motherboards aren't designed to run the 150+ watts that six gpus will pull from those slots, this one is. Using my risers, you don't need them at all. When you plan your power routing, assume that each card draws 25-50 watts through the riser card, and 200-300 watts through the pcie power connectors. That will cover the range of available video cards. Maybe the very big double cards use more, but I haven't tested them personally
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
@halofirebtc
oh forgot one more thing, rickjamesbtc...
that asrock btc mobo u have, what are the 2 4 pin molex for, by the cpu? thinking about buying this mobo next time.
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
@halofirebtc
Hey guys, update time.

New gigabyte board came in. 2 of 3 gpus work on risers. 3rd needs to be on mobo, and it displays video but now it only hashes at idle speeds as engine and memclocks are permanently stuck at 150Mhz, like if driver crashed. I think card is shot. I know how to change the clocks via cgminer, catalyst, msi etc. I even re-installed drivers and windows. Also, will not be detected by windows while on riser, but detects while on mobo with other two gpus on risers. tried gpu in second computer as well with same results. going to exchange gpu at bestbuy since it's still within 15 days and let them deal with it.

I can confirm all three cables work, but I can't confirm all 3 work at same time yet. I'm sure they will, I don't see why they wouldn't. On to next 2 question.

1: Wonder if I can add a 90° 16x pcie for additional cooling, and rig component positioning purposes. XFX R9 DD series has exhaust slot that wraps all around gpu maybe be prevented from maximum efficient cooling by silicon of mobo or your adapter. Idk, maybe unnecessary, just an idea to try.

2: How many amps does the 4 pin molex draw? I would assume the mobo doesn't use or need the power it provides the pcie 16x slots, therefore the exact same amperage should be solely utilized from the psu, save for the itty-bitty data voltage running thru the 1x slot portion. Bottom line: I would like to hook up multiple cards on the 6 pin wire with 4 molex connectors that came with my psu. I don't feel like replacing my psu.
Less than one hundred of these are left!
ASrock, H81 Pro BTC. They are kinda hard to catch, I buy as many as I can each time newegg has them in stock. They work very well, and are only $70, with 6 pci-e slots.
Pages:
Jump to: