Pages:
Author

Topic: [WTS] USB Style PCI-E 1x - 16x Powered Riser Cables !! $5.95 ea 25k + Sold! - page 8. (Read 48127 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Has anyone tried a USB hub?

For graphics cards? not possible. This isn't a usb signal, they just use them because they are a great, cheap, shielded cable.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Has anyone tried a USB hub?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html?ie=UTF8&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&me=A4CVP64CFU1ZL

That should work, I think. For now you can only purchase on amazon and I do the shipping. Once I get some spare stock available I'll be shipping it to them for the prime customers.
Activity: 6
Risers can now be ordered on Amazon! Soon to be fulfilled by Amazon, as soon as I can get enough here to cover my own customers and ship several thousand to the amazon warehouse.

any idea what you're planning on setting the price on amazon at?

They charge a pretty hefty amount for the amazon fulfillment, but it will be as cheap as I can make it. Having amazon spend all the time packing and shipping orders instead of me will be worth it! I have them on amazon now at $23 with free first class shipping.

Can you link us to your amazon product?
Risers can now be ordered on Amazon! Soon to be fulfilled by Amazon, as soon as I can get enough here to cover my own customers and ship several thousand to the amazon warehouse.

They charge a pretty hefty amount for the amazon fulfillment, but it will be as cheap as I can make it. Having amazon spend all the time packing and shipping orders instead of me will be worth it! I have them on amazon now at $23 with free first class shipping.
Activity: 51

Activity: 742
Merit: 501
Just got in line for the Feb 17 shipment. Thanks!
KS
Activity: 448
@RickjamesBTC: I finally got the notice for the order to be delivered from the Post office, so it took a bit more than 2 weeks from order to arrive. Are you thinking about other shipping methods as well?

I try not to make any money on shipping, so the price is what it is. If people want to pay $100 or more for international express shipping with FedEx or even usps still, I can do it. When I offer the first shipping rate it is the cheapes option.

OK. Good to know you can offer other options.
Activity: 486
Merit: 262
rm -rf stupidity
Cannot wait to get mine when your shipment arrives.  Figured I could have some with Scrypt so I don't fiddle with my bitcoin pool thats actually running right.

Then not sure what to fiddle with next (even though I have 2-3 projects (cars) to mess with in the same area LOL!), so we shall see!
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
Can't wait for pre order, although you accept bitcoins so I might give this a go.
Email sent (international order).
1m Cable units will be here first, probably shipping out to my customers end of this week instead of next. The shorter cables will be here a few days later.
Thanks for the orders!
Activity: 350
Whats is the length of the longest cable available? Do you also ship to Philippines? I'm planning to buy bulk and resell them locally.

Edit: If i would buy 100pcs of 40" riser cables, how much would i get them?

Send me an email to discuss deals like this. [email protected]
Activity: 350
Whats is the length of the longest cable available? Do you also ship to Philippines? I'm planning to buy bulk and resell them locally.

Edit: If i would buy 100pcs of 40" riser cables, how much would i get them?
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
That's just the ground for a very small voltage regulator, it converts the 5v to 3.3v. If you have a multimeter, connect the negative probe to the part you are pointing at in the picture, and check the voltage on the two connected pins on the other side. One is 5v, from your psu, one is 3.3v. Highly unlikely that piece failed. (test this plugged into a live molex power plug, with no GPU in the card.)
The proper way to test a suspect component is to take your currently working system, turn it off, switch one of the riser cards with the riser card you suspect and turn it back on. If it still works, the card isn't the problem. If it doesn't work now, turn it off again, switch the riser cards back, and see if it starts working again.   If so, sure I can replace the card for you. However, I've found that if the parts work, they keep working. I've yet to have one fail. I've had 2-3 out of over ten thousand that were DOA, they never worked.

Thanks for the info, I'll be testing everything out tomorrow to see what's actually up.
That's just the ground for a very small voltage regulator, it converts the 5v to 3.3v. If you have a multimeter, connect the negative probe to the part you are pointing at in the picture, and check the voltage on the two connected pins on the other side. One is 5v, from your psu, one is 3.3v. Highly unlikely that piece failed. (test this plugged into a live molex power plug, with no GPU in the card.)
The proper way to test a suspect component is to take your currently working system, turn it off, switch one of the riser cards with the riser card you suspect and turn it back on. If it still works, the card isn't the problem. If it doesn't work now, turn it off again, switch the riser cards back, and see if it starts working again.   If so, sure I can replace the card for you. However, I've found that if the parts work, they keep working. I've yet to have one fail. I've had 2-3 out of over ten thousand that were DOA, they never worked.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
My rig stopped working while I was gone today. I stopped getting any video at all. I went through the cards, risers, etc. and ended up removing one of the cards from the setup. Afterwards everything started working again. I noticed the riser seems to have possible soldering issues. The circled part is what I think is faulty. I included pics below if they show up:

I'll be testing the card on another machine tomorrow to see if the card is still functional. Is there any chance of a replacement board? I send everyone I know over here for these riser extensions because they are amazing. It just stinks this happened.

Activity: 2520
Merit: 950
fly or die
Yes it's useless but there is no such thing as "overpower", the components take what they need and "leave the rest". Now some miners add fans to their cards/rigs even in open air configs, moving air around the cards can provide benefits, they're not designed for "open air" and the main reason we use such config is because cramming them together in a case is plain impossible, and when sandwiched they heat up.
Pages:
Jump to: