Pages:
Author

Topic: ◣XBB◥ Boolberry - attempt at grassroots development movement [Bittrex] - page 21. (Read 418980 times)

Activity: 505
Merit: 250
Activist Investor
Activist Investor

Thanks for posting this. 

Dev, how will boolberry confront this potentially negative press seeing how it's a cryptonote project? 
Sounds like it's taken care of itself?
Update: Since this article's publication, AlphaBay has responded that they are up and running, that interruptions in Monero transactions were due to a software upgrade.

I mentioned in the slack, just ignore that noise

Hopefully one of these cryptonote teams gets multisig implemented soon too
Activity: 202
Merit: 104

Thanks for posting this. 

Dev, how will boolberry confront this potentially negative press seeing how it's a cryptonote project? 
Sounds like it's taken care of itself?
Update: Since this article's publication, AlphaBay has responded that they are up and running, that interruptions in Monero transactions were due to a software upgrade.
Activity: 343

Thanks for posting this. 

legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
Wish cz would join in and help us all take bbr forward. Blocky seems genuine in his desire to take bbr forward I just hope him and his team are able to do what is needed Smiley

Activity: 193
Merit: 100
wow, the RPC server really is missing some commands, compared to Monero

Why did it take so long for you to figure it out? Smiley  BBR is still living somewhere in 2014. Monero has made a good progress since.

because I didn't look, what are you going to do, sell all of your boolberry to me now on Poloniex? Grin

I think I need to merge in key images function

Not if i get them first  Wink
Activist Investor

Why did it take so long for you to figure it out? Smiley  BBR is still living somewhere in 2014. Monero has made a good progress since.

because I didn't look, what are you going to do, sell all of your boolberry to me now on Poloniex? Grin

I think I need to merge in key images function
Activity: 591
Merit: 501
Scavenger of Crypto Sorrow

Activist Investor
Activist Investor
IMMEDIATE GOALS SEPTEMBER 9th, 2016

- Please contact Bitsquare group about adding BBR to their decentralized exchange

https://bitsquare.io/community/
https://bitsquare.io/contact/
https://github.com/bitsquare/bitsquare/issues/597

I'm working on it. According to Manfred (the author of Bitsquare):

CryptoNote coins need same feature like Monero to get added (tx key,...), otherwise the arbitrator cannot verify the tx (not visible on the blockchain).

If we can find a way around that it can go in immediately.

- Rob

Yeah I've been making progress on this

a version of this site http://xmr.llcoins.net/checktx.html needs to exist for Boolberry. It allows auditing of transactions. I've talked to the owner of that site, and they use an api from moneroblocks that communicates to the monero network. There is no api like that for boolberry yet so we would have to spin up our own service

So here is what is going to happen and needs to happen:

- Run boolbd on a server

- Create a process that communicates to the boolbd daemon, I plan to experiment with this in node.js

- Use express to make api endpoints to a client side app created in html

Blockchain Development Company is in Microsoft's Bizspark program, so this instance will go on Azure

This can also be an open source project, so the layout of the html and the node.js processes can be contributed to.

The primary questions are how easily will it be to get boolbd to behave in communicating with the node.js process, but I'll just look at what simplewallet does. Something something limited RPC commands.

After that server is up and running then we go talk to Manfred, and Boolberry gets listed on Bitsquare. 👏
Activity: 1
Good job so far 1blockologist.

BBR to XBR is a good move and please consider making a proper wallet the current html wallet has serious vulnerabilities.

Please explain the "serious vulnerabilities"

Cheers Jon  Huh

Do you believe BBR is more "advanced" than Monero too?

The wallet is made in html, very easy to get infected/exploited.
Activity: 179
G'day!
IMMEDIATE GOALS SEPTEMBER 9th, 2016

- Please contact Bitsquare group about adding BBR to their decentralized exchange

https://bitsquare.io/community/
https://bitsquare.io/contact/
https://github.com/bitsquare/bitsquare/issues/597

I'm working on it. According to Manfred (the author of Bitsquare):

CryptoNote coins need same feature like Monero to get added (tx key,...), otherwise the arbitrator cannot verify the tx (not visible on the blockchain).

If we can find a way around that it can go in immediately.

- Rob
Activist Investor
"Let me know what kind of information you would like to see in these bi-weekly updates!

- 1blockologist"

I would like to see how we are measuring the utility and scarcity that we are aiming for

It is primarily based on the size of capital interested in cryptonote, and the size of capital interested in masternodes. Both of which would be in depth and economic discussions on their own.

At the same time, the current problems with the mining clients, and continually growing problems with the blockchain undervalues the network.
What has been the problem with the mining client?

Pretty vague, I'd have to make a collection of the various complaints

it would be nice if mining software for this coin was brought up to snuff. It's not easy to solo mine compared to other coins and the miners have issues. Something something... 8 gigs of memory... something... no RPC support in wallet... something...

Activity: 202
Merit: 104
"Let me know what kind of information you would like to see in these bi-weekly updates!

- 1blockologist"

I would like to see how we are measuring the utility and scarcity that we are aiming for

It is primarily based on the size of capital interested in cryptonote, and the size of capital interested in masternodes. Both of which would be in depth and economic discussions on their own.

At the same time, the current problems with the mining clients, and continually growing problems with the blockchain undervalues the network.
What has been the problem with the mining client?
Activist Investor

- 1blockologist"

Activity: 168

- 1blockologist"

Activity: 1
Good job so far 1blockologist.

BBR to XBR is a good move and please consider making a proper wallet the current html wallet has serious vulnerabilities.
Pages:
Jump to: