Pages:
Author

Topic: ◣XBB◥ Boolberry - attempt at grassroots development movement [Bittrex] - page 17. (Read 418980 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 250
This coin need more change, i lost 1/2 value from this coin at the moment!
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Activity: 505
Activist Investor
Boolberry Network Address December 21, 2016

Seed nodes

We have been implementing a solution to make it easier for Boolberry users to connect to other Boolberry users, to sync with the blockchain better.

The solution in Monero is pretty distributed and we are copying that model. Monero has several domain names registered, those domain names have subdomains, and those subdomains have A names which contain the IP addresses of several seed nodes. This leverages the DNS propagation system to have this data in a distributed manner, all to sync up with the distributed blockchain. It uses hardcoded seed nodes as a backup in case none of those are connectable.

Boolberry has two hardcoded seed nodes, and both of them are down sometimes, making it cumbersome if not seemingly impossible to use.

The Monero client pulls the DNS stored seed nodes, appends the monero port number to the IP addresses and grabs blockchain hosting peers this way.

In our efforts, I and Javajared have added subdomains to our own websites and this will be added to the Boolberry code. The seed nodes we are currently using are Boolberry pools that have decent uptime.

You can look at the A names on this website http://viewdns.info for the following domain names

http://xbr.seeds.blockology.org

http://boolberryseed.javajared.com

If you would like a website you own/control to be a part of the seed node redundancy, contact me on how to set it up! And feel free to make pull requests in the future. Also, host a seed node in a datacenter Smiley

Graphics and Marketing

There are several people independently working on updated graphics for boolberry, outside of the Blockchain Development Company. We all have the same vision in mind and have been in contact, this can make the GUI look very polished and unique. Coinopoly has been spearheading collaboration on this front.

The old Boolberry GUI, as well as the new Monero GUI both use the QT framework, so we have a lot of source material to leverage for the graphical updates.

No ETAs just yet on these features or the other big ticket items, thank you for the patience so far and stay tuned for the next bi-weekly!
Activity: 812
Merit: 256
This web no info at the moment!

We need to go through the list on the network state page one by one and see which graphs/ info we have, and what we don't have. Or someone could just eyeball the page and say which ones we don't have

Then figure out what is needed to get the remaining info.

Ok! Thanks your info

We need to go through the list on the network state page one by one and see which graphs/ info we have, and what we don't have. Or someone could just eyeball the page and say which ones we don't have

Then figure out what is needed to get the remaining info.

Javajared, will you be releasing a list of RPC functions anytime soon?

That's a great idea. I can do that; thanks for the suggestion!

Is there any way we could make a simple webpage with this info on WordPress or Tumblr?

http://boolberry.com/state.html
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
Boolberry Network Address December 8, 2016

Hello all: I am filling in for 1block for this week's bi-weekly update.

We are continuing to make progress on the Boolberry daemon. Much of the work on the RPC API is completed; this will allow continued progress on cooperating web services. Also, a large focus will soon shift towards completing the database conversion of the block chain. The goal is for this part of the project to be a major focus beginning in the middle of December. It is not currently known how long this conversion will take.

The past few weeks have also seen the reemergence of some notable Boolberry enthusiasts. Hopefully this contributes to a gradually reemerging community around the cryptonote coin; a vibrant community and working together will be crucial in order to make Boolberry truly successful.

All very encouraging news. I think the community will start to reform as word gets around there is new development on it. Next we need some adoption.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0

That's a great idea. I can do that; thanks for the suggestion!
Activity: 193

We are continuing to make progress on the Boolberry daemon. Much of the work on the RPC API is completed; this will allow continued progress on cooperating web services. Also, a large focus will soon shift towards completing the database conversion of the block chain. The goal is for this part of the project to be a major focus beginning in the middle of December. It is not currently known how long this conversion will take.

The past few weeks have also seen the reemergence of some notable Boolberry enthusiasts. Hopefully this contributes to a gradually reemerging community around the cryptonote coin; a vibrant community and working together will be crucial in order to make Boolberry truly successful.

Thanks for the update javajared, looking like 2017 is gonna be a good year for Boolberry...
Activity: 6
Merit: 0

Ok! Thanks! Sorry about my English! It not native in my country!
Ok no probs, follow link to join slack. https://boolberry.herokuapp.com
I had join slack. Thanks
Ok no probs, follow link to join slack. https://boolberry.herokuapp.com
No one in this thead?

Mostly in slack

Perhaps after binaries are released for the updated client there will be more to talk about here
Thanks your info! But i think need place for new and person not used Slack

huh, can you try again please don't understand what it is you are trying to say. thx
No one in this thead?

Mostly in slack

Perhaps after binaries are released for the updated client there will be more to talk about here
Thanks your info! But i think need place for new and person not used Slack
Activity: 505
Activist Investor
No one in this thead?

Mostly in slack

No one in this thead?

I always check in but never much chit chat....
No one in this thead?
Pages:
Jump to: