Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 1156. (Read 1484203 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
I don't think most people here understand simple economics. IF Cache will get all of XC's unique features and development 1-1 (and share the same developers) that effectively doubles the XC money supply. That will drag the price down of XC immediately as it means the very cheap Cache right now is actually equivalent to XC more or less. If what I have said is correct that is an absolute disaster as far as I am concerned.

People who fear this are selling.

I am holding onto my coins for the time being until atcsecure clarifies. The statements that have been made so far can be interpreted in different ways.

From what I have heard so far, I thought that the blockchains of XC and cache will communicate with each other to fix a variety of problems that are common in crypto. Anyways I haven't heard anywhere that this would mean that the 2 coins merged into 1, and that Cache would essentially become a duplicate of XC.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
I don't think most people here understand simple economics. IF Cache will get all of XC's unique features and development 1-1 (and share the same developers) that effectively doubles the XC money supply. That will drag the price down of XC immediately as it means the very cheap Cache right now is actually equivalent to XC more or less. If what I have said is correct that is an absolute disaster as far as I am concerned.

People who fear this are selling.

I am holding onto my coins for the time being until atcsecure clarifies. The statements that have been made so far can be interpreted in different ways.
legendary
Activity: 1190
XC is a little known alt crypto currency. Of course it's going to have price swings. Whats amazing is how stable it is. If the coin is going to go up it will be because we get a wider audience. So lets educate people about the coin.

I own some XC, I have some ammo left to buy more, but I'm not sure I even understand it, which is why I haven't bought too many, yet.
I'd like to see more simple explanations of how it works Smiley
And probably there are a lot of people just like me. Smiley

Monero (which incidentally is down 30%) did a good job of this in the OP in their thread.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
If some one knows how to connect my wallet to faucets please pm. I have 100xc available for help
Activity: 126
Ssssssht.. Don't give insight in our endavour.. This is our little secret until 1 August hihi
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Exacltly there have been some horror shows recently.... WHere the BTC just gets poured in...

Crypt, Cloak, probably RZR next although that looks flat to me.. I do find it surprising that a coin like XC has not already felt "some love"

We do seem to be getting buying tonight though , hopefully it is the start of a good week....

The bigger the accumulation period, the bigger the pump will be...
Just watch the market carefully Wink
You'll receive all your answers

Dont disagree, spent an hour this evening comparing the XC and DRK charts... Wink
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
NOT FUD! FACTS!
Exacltly there have been some horror shows recently.... WHere the BTC just gets poured in...

Crypt, Cloak, probably RZR next although that looks flat to me.. I do find it surprising that a coin like XC has not already felt "some love"

We do seem to be getting buying tonight though , hopefully it is the start of a good week....

The bigger the accumulation period, the bigger the pump will be...
Just watch the market carefully Wink
You'll receive all your answers

I expect at least 0.01 price when the show starts...
Activity: 518

Crypt, Cloak, probably RZR next although that looks flat to me.. I do find it surprising that a coin like XC has not already felt "some love"  I really dont think it will take much to light the fire here...

Activity: 196
Short term you'd probably be crazy to sell now prior to ATC coming back with (presumably) positive news from the conference.

That said, this Cache coin stuff at first blush is... not great.  Anything that dilutes features, investor interest, etc. away from XC and into another coin, particularly one with essentially zero market cap prior to today (no offense to dev) is negative.  

What would be fine is if XC has features that allow other coins to integrate into it, but DO NOT encourage investors to invest in those other coins.
that is exactly what will happen, but people can't read between the lines. This is a collab between 2 coins, not becoming a clone of one another. XC will still be superior with its upcoming digital contracts, marketplace etc. If people are too blind to see the big picture, than good riddance and give me your coins for cheap pls!! thx.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Lot's of coins are getting sold off. In time, probably people will get excited about alt coins again and some will rise again. Probably XC will be one.
DFJ
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
Short term you'd probably be crazy to sell now prior to ATC coming back with (presumably) positive news from the conference.

That said, this Cache coin stuff at first blush is... not great.  Anything that dilutes features, investor interest, etc. away from XC and into another coin, particularly one with essentially zero market cap prior to today (no offense to dev) is negative.  

What would be fine is if XC has features that allow other coins to integrate into it, but DO NOT encourage investors to invest in those other coins.
Activity: 602
Merit: 255
If XC shares its features with another coin (so that we have 2 coins with the same features), I'm dumping.  No questions asked.

You are an idiot, and you're the dev of a coin too...lol

The tech will be open source anyway at some point...

can we be civil... ?
Activity: 672
Merit: 501
If XC shares its features with another coin (so that we have 2 coins with the same features), I'm dumping.  No questions asked.

Well then, get it over with and do it shortly then. Yes I am calling you on it right now. Dump. Because it what was said is true, then they will be sharing chain info between the 2 of them.

copper member
Activity: 658
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
Yes, someone did slip and mention that somewhere on the forum. I wont go into detail on it as the concept is alien to most of this forum and I dont want to give away the features before its done. But yes you are correct.

Yea wuz up, im the one and only approved slip.  Cool
NOT FUD! FACTS!
So we're merging with CACHE now? And before anyone says otherwise, it is a merger if they have to share the same codebase to implement PoBc, presumably they will share the same anonymity technology as well? Exactly how much of this tech will be given away as part of the deal?
The mixer? Or the whole multipath paradigm working on TOR? What if PoBc can't be implemented? Will CACHE still get the anonymous tech?

Taken from the CACHE thread.  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7442411

And before anyone says it's none of my business, I remember mining this coin when it was getting battered by a massive private hashrate. It was a community decision to end PoW early, with the dev asking for the community's input. Where would we be now if we had let that hashpower get the majority of the coins? Higher price? Lower price? The only certainty is that we'd all have a much lower percentage of the total number. Well, what will happen if we give away the secret sauce? We all saw that the dev was promising some next level shit where anonymity was concerned. No-one claimed that bounty did they? Did anyone even get close?

In business, you don't give away the one thing that makes your product better than the rest.

We are NOT merging with Cache, please stop spreading rumours, in the end it only hurts the coin.  There is no proof from dev or PR about any such merger.  

Nobody said any merging from the start...but what can you expect from such ignorant bunch...
NOT FUD! FACTS!
If XC shares its features with another coin (so that we have 2 coins with the same features), I'm dumping.  No questions asked.

You are an idiot, and you're the dev of a coin too...lol

The tech will be open source anyway at some point...
Activity: 252

Ouch
Activity: 420
Is that dude(with glasses) the same one as from Blackcoin ?

yes. I think he started the blackcoin multipool if im correct
Activity: 602
Merit: 255
So we're merging with CACHE now? And before anyone says otherwise, it is a merger if they have to share the same codebase to implement PoBc, presumably they will share the same anonymity technology as well? Exactly how much of this tech will be given away as part of the deal?
The mixer? Or the whole multipath paradigm working on TOR? What if PoBc can't be implemented? Will CACHE still get the anonymous tech?

Taken from the CACHE thread.  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7442411

And before anyone says it's none of my business, I remember mining this coin when it was getting battered by a massive private hashrate. It was a community decision to end PoW early, with the dev asking for the community's input. Where would we be now if we had let that hashpower get the majority of the coins? Higher price? Lower price? The only certainty is that we'd all have a much lower percentage of the total number. Well, what will happen if we give away the secret sauce? We all saw that the dev was promising some next level shit where anonymity was concerned. No-one claimed that bounty did they? Did anyone even get close?

In business, you don't give away the one thing that makes your product better than the rest.

We are NOT merging with Cache, please stop spreading rumours, in the end it only hurts the coin.  There is no proof from dev or PR about any such merger.  
Activity: 616
Jump to: