Pages:
Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 28. (Read 1484185 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
People usually spread FUD about things they don't understand or things that threaten their other investments.
It's easy to see who those people are in this thread.
Trying to badmouth XC or Dan is a waste of their time and they simply look stupid to most of us.
Wish they would use that amount of effort towards something more productive.

Activity: 361
Merit: 250
I challenge all fudsters to reveal their true identity like Dan has.
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
i think Arlyn is a little "Fudhurt" in the last couple of days. Smiley some valid questions landed kind of in the wrong folder. understandable. if Dan announces sticks to be shipped a quick delay message like given today would have ended that particular discussion some days ago.
If there is one person that should really second guess his PR moves its Dan. yet again he caused the questions Arlyn had to respond. i see a pattern here. No offense Dan . You clearly don't have a PR mind. but with every post you are also engaging in "public relation". there is a difference between tech talk for bugfixing which can be spontanious and on the fly, and announcing a product to be shipped.

Anyway, i think the next news coming with the new thread will be very positive from the communitys perspective, not only the team perspective. there was kind of a gap lately. that will be closed as i see the next news beeing centred around XC mainly. I'm really curious.  Wink

Lol'd At "Fudhurt" Smiley.

I've been sensing an air of resentment coming from Arlyn's posts as well.  I just wanted to say that XC's most loyal investors are still in this thing; our resolve unaffected by the FUD Smiley.  I ask that you do not run the risk of alienating these community members by ignoring genuine, relevant concerns.  I do see a day when you will need to separate yourself from the community to focus on higher tasks but right now is not the time. Mending the rift between the investors and the team in anticipation of new releases should be of utmost importance.

I'm still here, still holding, and still harbor great respect for the team.
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
i think Arlyn is a little "Fudhurt" in the last couple of days. Smiley some valid questions landed kind of in the wrong folder. understandable. if Dan announces sticks to be shipped a quick delay message like given today would have ended that particular discussion some days ago.
If there is one person that should really second guess his PR moves its Dan. yet again he caused the questions Arlyn had to respond. i see a pattern here. No offense Dan . You clearly don't have a PR mind. but with every post you are also engaging in "public relation". there is a difference between tech talk for bugfixing which can be spontanious and on the fly, and announcing a product to be shipped.

Anyway, i think the next news coming with the new thread will be very positive from the communitys perspective, not only the team perspective. there was kind of a gap lately. that will be closed as i see the next news beeing centred around XC mainly. I'm really curious.  Wink
Activity: 196
Agreed with the above.

For the record, I hope the team goes silent until they they drop what will shake the crypto world.

The amount of fud and all around "demanding to be heard bs" just messes with people and obfuscates what is really happening.  

He has a stout resume.  If he says bulletproof then I believe it (I really don't care if you want to challenge why I believe it; I'm in too many debates right now).  

If XC had delivered 'bulletproof' five months ago than I wouldn't be postin here right now...because it is a hell of a claim and should require time.

Let the man work.  Get over yourself and take a walk in the real world...it's cathartic.

My two cents.  

Which is why - as a lot of us keep saying - resuming the daily updates would be a good idea. No need to respond to any of the bs or fud if they do that. Just a single professional summary of what is happening right now should be enough, and is better than trying to deal with every piece of crap individually.
If you go that way daily is way to much. they had no time for it before, don't think they have time for it now

No problem - weekly would be perfect. I would be very happy to see a weekly summary post in fact - everything else in this thread except legitimate conversation about XC gets deleted. The weekly post can be reposted if it gets lost too far back - the effort to do this would be minimal - modulo how many troll posts have to be deleted. But I don't see why this thread has to be either closed completely or open house for every passing troll. In addition responding to every troll just encourages them.

In regard to XCurrency the coin i can life with it but do feel the sticks are a different story. eg: Investor vs Customer

According to URSAY they will refund your XC if you want it back for the tor-sticks. If it were amazon you'd be pissed - but these are not
established products and not massively expensive so a delay while they regroup seems reasonable. On the other hand a statement from them
would be in line with the PR that these were supposed to be consumer products. 
XC da  SHIT ,  dan da shit 

Corrected that for you
Agreed with the above.

For the record, I hope the team goes silent until they they drop what will shake the crypto world.

The amount of fud and all around "demanding to be heard bs" just messes with people and obfuscates what is really happening.  

He has a stout resume.  If he says bulletproof then I believe it (I really don't care if you want to challenge why I believe it; I'm in too many debates right now).  

If XC had delivered 'bulletproof' five months ago than I wouldn't be postin here right now...because it is a hell of a claim and should require time.

Let the man work.  Get over yourself and take a walk in the real world...it's cathartic.

My two cents.  

Which is why - as a lot of us keep saying - resuming the daily updates would be a good idea. No need to respond to any of the bs or fud if they do that. Just a single professional summary of what is happening right now should be enough, and is better than trying to deal with every piece of crap individually.
If you go that way daily is way to much. they had no time for it before, don't think they have time for it now

No problem - weekly would be perfect. I would be very happy to see a weekly summary post in fact - everything else in this thread except legitimate conversation about XC gets deleted. The weekly post can be reposted if it gets lost too far back - the effort to do this would be minimal - modulo how many troll posts have to be deleted. But I don't see why this thread has to be either closed completely or open house for every passing troll. In addition responding to every troll just encourages them.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Agreed with the above.

He has a stout resume.  If he says bulletproof then I believe it (I really don't care if you want to challenge why I believe it; I'm in too many debates right now). 

Let the man work.  Get over yourself and take a walk in the real world...it's cathartic.

My two cents. 

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Agreed with the above.

He has a stout resume.  If he says bulletproof then I believe it (I really don't care if you want to challenge why I believe it; I'm in too many debates right now). 

Let the man work.  Get over yourself and take a walk in the real world...it's cathartic.

My two cents. 
Activity: 192
Just a reminder for everyone having difficulty weathering the fudstorm, Dan is a tech professional with almost 20 years of experience, he is not some scammy 18 year old living in his parents basement. This man has the intelligence to pull off much more sophisticated and high stakes scams if he were so inclined.

If you don't believe me, then Google him. You will find plenty of email correspondences between Dan and his clients.

http://www.bbb.org/boston/business-reviews/security-control-equipment-and-system-monitors/wireless-broadband-systems-inc-in-marshfield-ma-20341/

I went with my gut on this investment and I'm sticking to my guns, I just hope we can recover from the FUD.
legendary
Activity: 1764
after litecoin, x11 or xecutive coin is my second but now all coins are dead
so sad  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
why its very inactive and still no news about TOR STICK shipping? its delaying more that week and no answer

Maybe we just wanted to see if you'd post another mopey, negative remark.

If this how you now choose to reply to the community perhaps we need a new PR representative. Your style has become abrasive to say the least, and after all the revelations of the past few weeks, people are naturally concerned about XC's future.

Just do your job, and leave the indignant, defensive attitude at home.

synechist is not a "PR representative."  He is the High Priest of the XC Cargo Cult.

If you question Cult doctrine, expect to be shunned.  That's how cults work, silly!   Tongue
I strongly suggest that Arlyn brings back the DAILY UPDATES, it would be much appreciated by the community and myself if we could keep up-to-date with all the new developments in XC. The FUD hasn't helped XC one bit, but I think we need to restore some order and go back to the way things used to be. Lets start with bringing back the daily updates

Agreed - I have no idea why you (Arlyn) spend so much time battling every point with every troll (and/or responding to the community's every concern question and worry) when you could simply answer them all with daily updates. You say you waste so much time on here - why not do updates and then you can relax.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
I strongly suggest that Arlyn brings back the DAILY UPDATES, it would be much appreciated by the community and myself if we could keep up-to-date with all the new developments in XC. The FUD hasn't helped XC one bit, but I think we need to restore some order and go back to the way things used to be. Lets start with bringing back the daily updates

I would be putting myself in a superior position if I were to continue to support the expectation that the XC team will respond to the community's every question, concern, and worry.

Why? Because doing so supports and enables a dependency upon me to provide information and support.

But I'm not some infallible/impartial/ideal source of information. ... etc

Isn't it your role to provide information and support?

Yes it is.

Are you saying that you are no longer prepared to provide information and support?!

No.

What I've been doing all along - especially with my reply to Reebokass - is providing information.

It's just not the information the community expects or necessarily wants (though I know some will be relieved to see me trying to dismantle the prior mode of interaction between me and the community, because it caused so much undue strain and emotion.)

In my post above, I'm supplying higher-order information pertaining to the way we interact. It's information that's as relevant to XC as any other information.

As always, I will continue to provide information of the normal sort regarding releases, news, etc.

And for the time being, I will also provide higher-order information about how the community and I are interacting when it seems to me to be pertinent.

OK - great! Then I think you just have to be consistent - i.e. collectively swinging from "there's great news - and tor-sticks - coming any minute" to "stop bitching about progress" is a recipe for disaster. Somewhere in the middle would be nice. You just have to be precise and say - due to the fudstorm the timeline for tor-sticks - or whatever - is now xxx. In my opinion a weekly update would be a good idea to have something to point at - it would deflect 90% of the questions you get and prevent you getting into debates on dielactical materialism and the like.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 505
Looks like some nice arbitrage with Crypsty and Bittrex. Large buy orders on Cryptsy holding up much higher.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 505

I would be putting myself in a superior position if I were to continue to support the expectation that the XC team will respond to the community's every question, concern, and worry.

Why? Because doing so supports and enables a dependency upon me to provide information and support.

Yes it is.

Are you saying that you are no longer prepared to provide information and support?!

No.

What I've been doing all along - especially with my reply to Reebokass - is providing information.

It's just not the information the community expects or necessarily wants (though I know some will be relieved to see me trying to dismantle the prior mode of interaction between me and the community, because it caused so much undue strain and emotion.)

In my post above, I'm supplying higher-order information pertaining to the way we interact. It's information that's as relevant to XC as any other information.

As always, I will continue to provide information of the normal sort regarding releases, news, etc.

And for the time being, I will also provide higher-order information about how the community and I are interacting when it seems to me to be pertinent.

Arlyn, what about going back to a daily or weekly update? You could highlight the teams activities as we approach new milestones in the project. This worked quite well before.
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
Synechist, do you personally hold any XC?
legendary
Activity: 1190
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

Yes it is.

No.

Pages:
Jump to: