Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 309. (Read 1484189 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
mintpal v2 at 23th of september.. on tuesday they will write that v2 will be at 26th of september, then 29th of september on so on.. Cheesy Cheesy  when we are planning to have XC/USD exchange?
Activity: 138
Merit: 100
Thank you for your welcome.  Its nice to be on-board with this team.  I feel like I have found gold here.

I woke up to this morning and was pleased to see both the news and the price.  I am glad it did not pump up overnight (<16K), much easier to make money in a flat (with swings) or gradual ascending market than a descending market after a bloated pump.  The release has been very well handled over the past few weeks (including on the day).

I imagine on the back of this extraordinary news we shall see a steady incline in price as more people get on board with the vision.  We will need patience as it may take a little while for holders of other currency to properly understand the value of where we are going and to realize that we have the engine-in-place and expertise to deliver the vision. Dan's background in networking is exactly what crypto needs at this point in time.

Lets not forget the hard work of the team in setting up new ways to make, use and spend XC.  At the end of the day this is what will build the base for the currency and give it the support it needs so the development team can continue working on its master plan.

Google started with an obscurely named, under marketed search engine that did the job to absolute perfection.  Hopefully with our bold vision, and the interim value we can add along the way, we have another Google here.  As we have seen with bitcoin, the advantage of a virtual currency over a share or hard asset is that sharing it (splitting an BTC/XC into smaller denominations by increased spending) increases the value of the overall pool.  So if the team continues with its track record in delivering, the final payout could end of being like Google on steroids.  IMHO still early days though we are more like at the front counter checking in (or even leaving homes for the airport), than on-board the rocket ship waiting for take-off.

So I take it that you've staked out XC as your privacy based coin, other coins or are you looking at others. Seems your in with this coin for the long haul?

Yes definitely long haul.  I did look at other alt coins, but decided XC suited my current investment strategy, so all in XC.  I needed something in my portfolio that has the potential for massive returns, and could be mainstreamed without the risk of being regulated against due to black market connotations.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Great Post! Smart money are on XC right now PERIOD
Activity: 214
XC advantage/disadvantage against Bitcoin:

XC disavantage:

-less protocol trust: take time even for a finished product to acquire trust  
-more risk : XC code is in devellopment things could go wrong, investors with risk aversion prefer to wait the code to be tested and audited before investing too much
-adoption/recognition: XC could profit from bitcoin adoption (bitcoin opened the road for next generation)
-XC dependence: Have to buy bitcoin first.  could change fast (cryptsy,mintpal adding xc/$...futur expansion of XC motivating big exchange to add XC...)
-Xc open source delayed: i see it as an advantage but it is open to debate so i place it here.

XC advantage:

-best technology : XC already outperform bitcoin technology
-best evolution rate: XC technology improve with a higher rate than bitcoin
-best road map: web 3.0, anonymous vocal/video calls, blockchain 2.0 apps, cloud storage...Bitcoin will look like dinausore pretty soon.
-best expected rewards : hard to expect x100+ profit now with bitcoin whereas it's clearly possible with XC
Exemple:
Bitcoin priced 15k$ x actual number of bitcoin 13 284 600 = 199 billions$ marketcap, actual price multiplied by 37.5

XC priced 300$ would give 1.66 billions marketcap (about 1/3 of actual bitcoin marketcap) , actual price multiplied by 500 (300$/0.6$)

-flexibility : XC can adapt very quickly.
-Clean public image: XC isn't related to silk road (FBI seizure..), MTgox hack 740k bitcoin could potentialy hit the market... 1 millions bitcoin from anonymous founder satoshi could hit the market
-best business model: more reason for customers to accumulate XC: 3.3% profit stacking per year, Run Xmixer with 1000 XC could generate huge profit in the futur...

Conclusion:

XC could overtake bitcoin faster than expected. Most of bitcoin advantage (recognition, adoption) have developed a solid basis for XC rise.
If Bitcoin ETF are regulated next few month it would open the door for Xc to enter in the same market and would be in direct fair competition against bitcoin.
With XC tech delivered, tested and audited vs bitcoin on nasdaq => bitcoin would loose the fight really quick. best technology, road map and risk/rewards attract smart and greedy investors.
every media would talk about insane bull run of XC on market, adoption/recognition and profit from xmixer explode...

If XC team continue to deliver the road map, i don't see how Xc could stay so much inferior than Bitcoin for long.

Don't you think in the futur XC marketcap could join 1/3 of actual bitcoin market cap? would transform 1000 euros initial investment into 500keuros, without counting stacking + xmixer profit.
Do you know a better risk/rewards investment in the world?

As result i play XC long term !  
alibaba is going to crash amazon if they are going to really help small business with online selling.. I work for seller support and selling on Amazon sucks big time..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Nkh_CWzyps&index=6&list=UUUMZ7gohGI9HcU9VNsr2FJQ

It seems the co funder and CTO are good innovators within the Internet field I think they will be the first big retailers to accept bitcoin..Think if they could approach XC to be the first big company to switch to web 3.0 blockchain internet...maybe i'm dreaming but Dan has been a CTO of a big company in the U.S and maybe he can try to contact them and present them with the plan....

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....what a dream...........

I'm quite sure they won't accept btc anytime soon.

Bitcoin Banned by Alibaba’s Taobao After China Tightens Rules

Taobao Marketplace, one of the main platforms that link buyers and sellers on Alibaba, will bar from Jan. 14 the sale of Bitcoin and related products, including mining software and hardware for the virtual currency, the company said on its website yesterday.

China’s central bank stopped financial institutions from handling Bitcoin transactions after the virtual currency’s value jumped 89-fold. Alibaba’s move to ban the sale of virtual currencies and related products will help protect users, according to the company.

None of Alibaba’s platforms have accepted Bitcoin as a payment method in the past, and the company’s Alipay payment affiliate doesn’t support websites that use Bitcoin, Florence Shih, a spokeswoman for Alibaba in Hong Kong, said by e-mail.

did not know that... maybe they did that as they were in china, if they will move to U.S. who knows?

Well Im waiting for the decentralized web 3.0 Market place as well Smiley
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
alibaba is going to crash amazon if they are going to really help small business with online selling.. I work for seller support and selling on Amazon sucks big time..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Nkh_CWzyps&index=6&list=UUUMZ7gohGI9HcU9VNsr2FJQ

It seems the co funder and CTO are good innovators within the Internet field I think they will be the first big retailers to accept bitcoin..Think if they could approach XC to be the first big company to switch to web 3.0 blockchain internet...maybe i'm dreaming but Dan has been a CTO of a big company in the U.S and maybe he can try to contact them and present them with the plan....

I'm quite sure they won't accept btc anytime soon.

Bitcoin Banned by Alibaba’s Taobao After China Tightens Rules

Taobao Marketplace, one of the main platforms that link buyers and sellers on Alibaba, will bar from Jan. 14 the sale of Bitcoin and related products, including mining software and hardware for the virtual currency, the company said on its website yesterday.

China’s central bank stopped financial institutions from handling Bitcoin transactions after the virtual currency’s value jumped 89-fold. Alibaba’s move to ban the sale of virtual currencies and related products will help protect users, according to the company.

None of Alibaba’s platforms have accepted Bitcoin as a payment method in the past, and the company’s Alipay payment affiliate doesn’t support websites that use Bitcoin, Florence Shih, a spokeswoman for Alibaba in Hong Kong, said by e-mail.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
hmm looking alright so far.

legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
can someone explain wshy BTC price is only 397$  Huh  i saw someone are talking that mintpal rev2 realese will effect XC price, so i can tell that it wont.. you will see, because about final rev2 realese everyone talked the same..

Lots of people have been waiting for the next BTC bubble. But it's been almost a year and it's never happened. I liquidated half of my BTC at $500, not sure what to do with the rest.

I'm holding on to my alt coins though like XC. A solid alt coin with potential can easily triple or more if it gets pumped. For BTC to triple in a week it would take a miracle.
Activity: 392
since when XC can be exchanged for fiat directly Huh  Did I miss something Huh :

https://www.litebit.eu/sell/xc/en/

Buy XC with fiat! (GBP initially)

coinerz

Coinerz are nearing the end of their beta and will be launching very soon.

- Initially you will be able to buy XC with GBP.

- Plans are to expand to the US and the Far East, however this is not in the immediate future.

- You can add a "purchase XC for £" banner to webpages, etc. here.

We'll keep you posted regarding the launch date. It'll be very, very soon.

That is nothing special for peopel that don't live in the UK.

When is there going to be an option to buy XC with iDeal?

have you tried www.litebit.eu?
they're back after some maintenance and added XC again.
they support iDeal and now also SOFORT.

I have gobbled up some XC's over there the last couple of days and despite some minor delays with the payout (couple of hours) i'm not disappointed so far.

@Teka : you might want to add them to the OP again
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
SoNiC BooM
since when XC can be exchanged for fiat directly Huh  Did I miss something Huh :

https://www.litebit.eu/sell/xc/en/
Activity: 364
can someone explain wshy BTC price is only 397$  Huh  i saw someone are talking that mintpal rev2 realese will effect XC price, so i can tell that it wont.. you will see, because about final rev2 realese everyone talked the same..
Activity: 361
Bubbles..... no bubbles.....
.001.... .002.....

All meaningless.

If Dan creates a mobile app that sends anonymous voice over block chain xc can compete with every telecom giant in the world...

We are talking 5 thousand per coin.
Skype sold for 2.5 billion

So invest what you can now, but never invest more than you can afford to lose.

+1 one hope the skype implementation will come soon even if not for mobile. Kore has it already if Dan make it on top of anon multipath trutless mesh it will be a no brainer

It will come. Group chat, voice, and then video.

And it'll be completely private.

Korecoin apparently have a somewhat working voice chat. It's not anonymous though and their planned anon tech doesn't seem that strong to me.

Korecoin's approach to the voice chat seems to be that it goes through some kind of centralised script or service (pbcx I think the dev refers to it as). Is this how our video and voice service will work? Or will it be truly decentralised like our messaging system? I don't know whether it's possible for voice chat to be done without some kind of centralised script or service. Not that it matters much to me, it's awesome either way.

I don't think that this is only a "coin", but a completely new reality, which combines high quality communication and monetary transactions in a encrypted and single solution.

https://altcoinherald.com/korecoin-introduces-anonymous-voip-feature/

Disclaimer: i am a XC bag holder and very proud of it

Unless im mistaken Skype uses a Node system like XC, people keep the Skype app open on their computer and passes that call on like a node system. They must keep Skype centralized for command and control issues, but I think it's entirely possible for Dan to make XC decentralized for voice chat.

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA10983/what-are-p2p-communications

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
I sold some XC today...it was a difficult decision. I have some i will hold and some will trade. After many months I found one coin (that got dumped)  I was willing to sell some XC for...but it doesn't happen often. I fact it never almost happens

Just curious, what coin are you talking about?

Stealth-Coin look in his posting history
Hope you got some
Activity: 196
Like I said before ... Now we have a cloud forming above us  
Sorry to bleat on about TA - again - maybe this should be in the price-spec thread but anyway -- my mileage varies a lot with ichi-clouds. In the figure the only points where it seems to pay any attention to the cloud are the two bits you point to - you would probably find two such points by statistical fluctuations if you were to draw a randomly shaped cloud by hand. So unless it is actually following the edge of the cloud I don't get much from it. But also I find that often I conclude one thing on the 4hr and then go to say 6hr or 2 hours and the cloud tells you something completely different. Anyway thanks for the magic numbers - I'll try those. Recently I've found large numbers like 320 can map the peaks pretty accurately for XC. (God I need to find a different hobby)
Activity: 210
Crypto Currency Supporter
Hey Dan, I was browsing through net and my XC was minting some stake, when my browser crashed(flash or w/e) and almost exactly after crash this popped up, ive never seen it before, is it coincidence or something that needs addressing?

coincidence or related to the browser crash most likely

thanx for the fast reply!

Could we have another tease for the Tuesday announcement? Havent seen synechist hype up a new annon like that before!
Activity: 756
Hey Dan, I was browsing through net and my XC was minting some stake, when my browser crashed(flash or w/e) and almost exactly after crash this popped up, ive never seen it before, is it coincidence or something that needs addressing?

coincidence or related to the browser crash most likely
Activity: 756

Well hopefully this is the final fix for this issue, as I can't replicate it directly in testing

well that is what we are here for Smiley

Any Idea why today I could not send private amounts that were more then 2 xcs?

yes it is connected to how input's are processed, it is the next on the list
Activity: 210
Crypto Currency Supporter

Jump to: