Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 305. (Read 1484189 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
I deleted an address from my address book and all my addresses disappeared besides the ones that I own and have some XC in them.
It also removed an address that I made but had no XC in it.

I restarted the wallet to see if it was fixed and it was, but I still think this needs to be fixed in a future release.

After further investigation it seemed to be a one time thing, so it must have been me.
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
Thx Always on point.. I did not know that there was a close group of testers before the release either.. and I think that seeing the scope of this tek hick ups are to be expected in the beginning.

There is NO OTHER coin that takes privacy to this level, the decentralized trustless solution is far more complex than anything else available today - Your not just mixing with a single xnode, your mixing across an adhoc mesh network of xnodes[both autonodes and real users] at the same time..

So the complexities of the system have brought up some issues, which are being resolved in the next update

Dan

Your doing great work, Dan!!  Smiley

As a software developer myself, I can remotely imagine how difficult this piece of code must be you're working on.
(especially debugging problems, since it has to work for the hole network and sometimes needs testing in 'the wild')

So take your time.  Cool Cool

Activity: 87
Merit: 10
I've been reading up on XC and it looks solid - I bought my first 200 XC yesterday and today (woohoo!). One thing I haven't been able to figure out: if I accumulate 1000 XC and create an Xmixer, will I lose my ability to stake and only collect Xmixer fees? Or can I both stake and act as an Xmixer?

If I have to choose between running an Xmixer or stake, which do y'all think is more profitable? Thanks XCers (goats Cheesy?)!

at the moment staking is more profitable until the mixers fees are fined tuned...anyway yep you will have to choose one or the other for the moment

That answers my question - thanks!

The goat thing started as a joke and actually still is a joke, but I think because I have been with XC(and my name is Mountaingoat) for a while now and goats are just funny in general people started using them as the official unnoficial mascot of XC.

Here is the post I made about it:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8864030

I am not a part of the XC team btw.

Goats are indeed funny - I fully support the goat logo  Cheesy

i think a goat has no connections to XC at all and wouldn't be a good decision branding wise.

one better animal than a goat would be a cameleon, as it is hard to spot like the private transactions.

That is true, but the only funny thing they have going for them is their wacky eyes.

But we want to create a system that attracts investors and not childs so it doesn't have to be funny imo

+1

Jokes aside. please keep this thread professional
goat and XC image don't go well together.
XC is serious business, not meant to be a joke.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
This pertains to Dan's comments above:

Some info on today's release, just for clarity:

- We will release the "coinjoin killer", with which we finalise XC's privacy tech, on schedule.

- As with all prior releases of new tech, you can expect updates after the release as we get feedback from you all. Testing in the wild is integral to any successful software. If you encounter an issue, let us know.

We were clear on release day that what's happening now is part of the plan. All is on track.

Anyone who thinks that there's some kind of problem has misunderstood how XC is bringing its tech to maturity.

For the record, every big release has been the first time a piece of tech is made public, not the finished product. After the release we fine-tune things. It's as simple as that.

When we launch publicly things will need to work 100%. Before at day, XC is in development, and this is how releases will work.

Activity: 756
I seem to not get more than 8 connections for some reason, how do I fix this?
Can anybody help me?

If your using UNPNP then I believe this is the default setting, you can use -maxconnections=64 via startup  (in your ,.conf file just use maxconnections=64) and configure your router to forward the port to your wallet IP address

Dan

Can anybody help me?
Thx Always on point.. I did not know that there was a close group of testers before the release either.. and I think that seeing the scope of this tek hick ups are to be expected in the beginning.

There is NO OTHER coin that takes privacy to this level, the decentralized trustless solution is far more complex than anything else available today - Your not just mixing with a single xnode, your mixing across an adhoc mesh network of xnodes[both autonodes and real users] at the same time..

So the complexities of the system have brought up some issues, which are being resolved in the next update

Dan
Activity: 700
i think one reason for the dropping price is that rev2 isn't really finished and problems are still fixed.

for the next release a closed group of beta testers should be testing the release before it is released to iron out the rough edges.

i think the release should also be in a state where it's possible to release clients for linux/mac/win at the same time.

i appreciate atcsecure's work and his fast fixes but i think most of the problem that arrised in the last week could have been fixed before the software was released by a closed group of beta testers.
I disagree. I don't think the price-decline has anything to do with it. I also think that this forum IS the closed group of beta testers. We are the beta testers and we should provide Dan with feedback.  

i don't think this is a closed group as everyone can read this thread and post on it. every software has bugs but the worst bugs should be fixed before it is released. we are still missing clients for mac and linux and this is something that shouldn't happen when a new revision is released imo

Due to the nature of this code, I need real-world testing to identify any bugs and finalize the release as it is impossible to account for every use-case scenario, this has been my model since day #1...

i didn't know that there was/is a closed group of testers, but a release that includes a linux/mac client is important imo, at least as long as XC isn't opensource

I agree, and the original plan was to have those out this weekend, but until this final issue is resolved that is on hold
Activity: 324
Merit: 250
i think one reason for the dropping price is that rev2 isn't really finished and problems are still fixed.

for the next release a closed group of beta testers should be testing the release before it is released to iron out the rough edges.

i think the release should also be in a state where it's possible to release clients for linux/mac/win at the same time.

i appreciate atcsecure's work and his fast fixes but i think most of the problem that arrised in the last week could have been fixed before the software was released by a closed group of beta testers.
I disagree. I don't think the price-decline has anything to do with it. I also think that this forum IS the closed group of beta testers. We are the beta testers and we should provide Dan with feedback.  

i don't think this is a closed group as everyone can read this thread and post on it. every software has bugs but the worst bugs should be fixed before it is released. we are still missing clients for mac and linux and this is something that shouldn't happen when a new revision is released imo

Due to the nature of this code, I need real-world testing to identify any bugs and finalize the release as it is impossible to account for every use-case scenario, this has been my model since day #1...

i didn't know that there was/is a closed group of testers, but a release that includes a linux/mac client is important imo, at least as long as XC isn't opensource

i appreciate atcsecure's work and his fast fixes but i think most of the problems that arrised in the last week could have been spotted and fixed before the software was released by a closed group of beta testers.

The code was tested extensively by a closed group before it was released.  

Activity: 700
I agree with both comments above but more with first one.

A beta Test Group could be organised in future to smooth out the release and I completely agree for the 3 wallets release as well.

He is right that the wallet for all OS's should be released at the same time though.
Activity: 136
Merit: 10

I disagree. I don't think the price-decline has anything to do with it. I also think that this forum IS the closed group of beta testers. We are the beta testers and we should provide Dan with feedback. The situation you describe is for after REV3 when we wil go public.

i appreciate atcsecure's work and his fast fixes but i think most of the problems that arrised in the last week could have been spotted and fixed before the software was released by a closed group of beta testers.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
funny read...
http://www.coindesk.com/24-signs-youre-obsessed-bitcoin/

my current signs:
1, 2, 4, 5, 8, 10 (only bct), 11, 13, 16, 20, 24

11 out of 24...    Grin Grin
I maybe 1 which was the last one.

damn ive done almost every single one of those things.......   time to move somewhere without internet for a while

Yup, I swear for me its 24/24
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001
funny read...
http://www.coindesk.com/24-signs-youre-obsessed-bitcoin/

my current signs:
1, 2, 4, 5, 8, 10 (only bct), 11, 13, 16, 20, 24

11 out of 24...    Grin Grin
I maybe 1 which was the last one.

damn ive done almost every single one of those things.......   time to move somewhere without internet for a while
Jump to: