Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 387. (Read 1484189 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 500
***The XC Daily Update***

4 days until the finalised Rev 2!

- VC Fundamentals has added XC to its research platform! And they will be interviewing Dan.

https://twitter.com/VCFundamentals/status/510118490993618946

- Teka continues work on the new UI.

- In addition to the finalised Rev 2, we'll have several announcements on Monday. It's gonna be a big day.

legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

- VC Fundamentals has added XC to its research platform! And they will be interviewing Dan.

- In addition to the finalised Rev 2, we'll have several announcements on Monday. It's gonna be a big day.

What do you personally think it will do for the price?

i dont think really anything, just good PR - shows the team is doing something.
I hope it will go up quite a bit, but so does everybody else I assume.

It's notoriously difficult to predict short term price changes in crypto. All I know is, sometime in the coming months there is going to be a huge upwards spike in price for XC, relative to BTC. We have nothing but a continuous stream of development, news and projects to look forward to in the coming months and we are establishing ourselves as a true tech innovator.

Hold for the next few months and you'll be very happy.
Activity: 714

I hope it will go up quite a bit, but so does everybody else I assume.
Activity: 509

Activity: 714

Activity: 324
Merit: 250
In the updated OP it now says 1000XC is the requirement for trustless mixing all the time. Is this final?

1000 XC for xnode do make sense because you will earn XC if run as a xnode.

Yup, it's 1000 XC.

This amount is still somewhat provisional.

Also, if XC's value increases, it's very likely that the required balance will decrease.

but why decrease the needed amount?

i think 1000 is a good amount and the number of needed coins should be fixed and not changed. i mean what happens when the price increases -> the number of needed coins is decreased.
but what happens when the price drops afterwards? will you increase the amount again? i think setting the number to a fixed value is the best solution and won't lead to confused users

Changes would not be made often. It would need to increase, say, 20 times its current value before we'd change it.

okay 20 times is a good value. let's hope that we decrease the amount soon, the sooner the better Wink
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
In the updated OP it now says 1000XC is the requirement for trustless mixing all the time. Is this final?

Yup, it's 1000 XC.

Also, if XC's value increases, it's very likely that the required balance will decrease.

i think 1000 is a good amount and the number of needed coins should be fixed and not changed. i mean what happens when the price increases -> the number of needed coins is decreased.
but what happens when the price drops afterwards? will you increase the amount again? i think setting the number to a fixed value is the best solution and won't lead to confused users

Changes would not be made often. It would need to increase, say, 20 times its current value before we'd change it.

btw: If you have coins on Bittrex .... withdraw if you do not plan to sell them shortterm! They stake large numbers
How do we know that?
The blockchain tells all, btw: thats why everybody in this crypto world needs a real anon coin, eg: XC;D
atm they have at least 75K coins (everybody can prove this) and are staking them!
For me ... as an XC believer i just hope a supporter gets those free coins iso a exchange that willl use them to dump at will.

Example: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xc/address.dws?XPousPv2VcrGg7n9VhhuST8fFGQPFYTcVb.htm

Before you ask: Yes, maybe cryptoid.info not label this address as bittrex but if you follow the currect fixed rules about combined inputs/change this is one of bittrex +3K addresses, sorry am still working of graphs to visualize stuff like this for the community.
Bittrex is stacking your coins,  Cryptsy is stacking your coins, why aren't you?

verifying which addresses are cryptsy and bittrex addresses would be a good idea. crytpsy is allready paying a share of the earned fees to users, at least for btc/ltc/usd if the user holds any of currencies. if you can verify which addresses belong to cryptsy i would contact the support and ask for a share for everyone but we have to verify that they stack ...

Yup, it's 1000 XC.

legendary

legendary
btw: If you have coins on Bittrex .... withdraw if you do not plan to sell them shortterm! They stake large numbers
How do we know that?
The blockchain tells all, btw: thats why everybody in this crypto world needs a real anon coin, eg: XC;D
atm they have at least 75K coins (everybody can prove this) and are staking them!
For me ... as an XC believer i just hope a supporter gets those free coins iso a exchange that willl use them to dump at will.

Example: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xc/address.dws?XPousPv2VcrGg7n9VhhuST8fFGQPFYTcVb.htm

Before you ask: Yes, maybe cryptoid.info not label this address as bittrex but if you follow the currect fixed rules about combined inputs/change this is one of bittrex +3K addresses, sorry am still working of graphs to visualize stuff like this for the community.
Bittrex is stacking your coins,  Cryptsy is stacking your coins, why aren't you?

I can't wait to see your blockchain explorer Kimmy.

P.S. Nice XChat address.
Activity: 978
How do we know that?

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

Yup, it's 1000 XC.

Mining since 01.06.2014 on btc multipools, buying up all the xc I can and got 550 2 days ago, was quite happy, until now...
This makes me a sad panda Sad
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
I wonder if it would be possible in the XC protocol to punish Xnodes that are on the same IP address (i.e. have a greater probability of running on the same machine).

If there is a choice between 25 Xnodes run on the same machine via VMs and 25 Xnodes that are redundant, spread out and decentralised I think we should be encouraging the latter?
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
So when this REV2 is release we will be getting paid For our Xnodes now/X mixer whatever were calling it

Hello I was wondering if for the xnode you will need it to run in a single wallet with 1000 xc or can you have multiple xnodes in a single wallet putting 1000 xc in different addresses?

Yes nodes with a dedicated address containing 1000 XC will receive revenue for trustlessly forwarding transactions.

You can run as many wallets as you like. You'd need a virtualisation environment to do this on a single computer.

Why 1000XC vs like 100?

Just curious.. Cheesy

Edit: More words
someone want to help me install the wallet on my raspberry pi model B+ ? I bought one for shits and giggles and am having trouble even installing the damn wallet haha.

Which linux distro are you running?

Raspbian.  it was the recommended one that came with it.  What would you recommend?

Try ubuntu - i did this about a year ago (maybe 10 months)
http://www.engineersgarage.com/embedded/raspberry-pi/how-to-load-ubuntu-on-raspberry-pi
I dont have the device anymore. But mine worked in the past.

I've had ubuntu machines in the past so I kind of know my way around them.  I essentially just want it to run my wallet as opposed to my old laptop.  As soon as Rev 2 comes out in a few days, I will want to be running myself an Xnode and the pi will be perfect for it  Grin

I actually have my eye on this:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-chromebox-intel-celeron-2gb-memory-16gb-solid-state-drive/5467029.p?id=1219132169492&skuId=5467029&ref=06&loc=01&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=5467029&extensionType=pla:g&s_kwcid=PTC!pla!!!80819144719!g!!52599681919&kpid=5467029&k_clickid=706a3c8d-8688-ff89-420c-00003995667b&kpid=5467029

How many VM can you run with that?

Well, i'm no expert, but I can safely run 2 total with the limited memory - i can probably push it to 3. Celerons aren't what they used to be a few years ago. My buddy has this same chromebox and he watches videos on it via netflix and some stuff he downloads
There is a higher end chip with more memory available, but the price goes to $400 and I dont want to spend that much (I have 2 kids and im a single dad, every penny counts Smiley  )
legendary
How do we know that?
Activity: 840
someone want to help me install the wallet on my raspberry pi model B+ ? I bought one for shits and giggles and am having trouble even installing the damn wallet haha.

Which linux distro are you running?

Raspbian.  it was the recommended one that came with it.  What would you recommend?

Try ubuntu - i did this about a year ago (maybe 10 months)
http://www.engineersgarage.com/embedded/raspberry-pi/how-to-load-ubuntu-on-raspberry-pi
I dont have the device anymore. But mine worked in the past.

I've had ubuntu machines in the past so I kind of know my way around them.  I essentially just want it to run my wallet as opposed to my old laptop.  As soon as Rev 2 comes out in a few days, I will want to be running myself an Xnode and the pi will be perfect for it  Grin

I actually have my eye on this:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-chromebox-intel-celeron-2gb-memory-16gb-solid-state-drive/5467029.p?id=1219132169492&skuId=5467029&ref=06&loc=01&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=5467029&extensionType=pla:g&s_kwcid=PTC!pla!!!80819144719!g!!52599681919&kpid=5467029&k_clickid=706a3c8d-8688-ff89-420c-00003995667b&kpid=5467029

How many VM can you run with that?

That's pretty cool, I'm  not sure if I would buy a celeron even for a single vm.
Activity: 978
Jump to: