Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 389. (Read 1484189 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

But... The need to run like 100 to 200 or more wallets... Omg...  The number of VM that's needed is insane.  

I am just saying if you have inputs that are 1000 XC that it's automatically treated as one xmixer since the mixing is based on UTXO unspent output anyway.

Indeed, that amount of VM would be hectic.

I wonder if this will be possible... mixing involves continually creating new addresses that fragments are paid to/from, and so the inputs/outputs are multiple and not just a single 1000 XC address.

Conceivably a mixer could get more transactions simply by having more coins available for mixing... and also more network speed, processing power, etc. Perhaps a single mixer could have 50k in it and be on a big server somewhere and thereby generate more revenue. However, I think this would centralise the network dangerously.

On the other hand,  I'm all for incentivising nodes to perform better. Quicker service, or fewer issues, etc. might be pretty important in a web 3.0/blockchain 2.0 scenario.

How many wallet do you need one can run in a pc with 8 gb of ram and a regular internet connection.. lets say 25 to 50 mbts... would be nice as well if one of the community more technical guys can do a video guide for the Installation process of the virtual machine and the setting up of the xnode..

But... The need to run like 100 to 200 or more wallets... Omg...  The number of VM that's needed is insane.  

I am just saying if you have inputs that are 1000 XC that it's automatically treated as one xmixer since the mixing is based on UTXO unspent output anyway.

I wonder if this will be possible... mixing involves continually creating new addresses that fragments are paid to/from, and so the inputs/outputs are multiple and not just a single 1000 XC address.

Conceivably a mixer could get more transactions simply by having more coins available for mixing... and also more network speed, processing power, etc. Perhaps a single mixer could have 50k in it and be on a big server somewhere and thereby generate more revenue. However, I think this would centralise the network dangerously.

On the other hand,  I'm all for incentivising nodes to perform better. Quicker service, or fewer issues, etc. might be pretty important in a web 3.0/blockchain 2.0 scenario.

How many wallet do you need one can run in a pc with 8 gb of ram and a regular internet connection.. lets say 25 to mbts
Activity: 714
Does running an Xnode have a big influence on your Internet speed?
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
So when this REV2 is release we will be getting paid For our Xnodes now/X mixer whatever were calling it

Hello I was wondering if for the xnode you will need it to run in a single wallet with 1000 xc or can you have multiple xnodes in a single wallet putting 1000 xc in different addresses?

Yes nodes with a dedicated address containing 1000 XC will receive revenue for trustlessly forwarding transactions.

You can run as many wallets as you like. You'd need a virtualisation environment to do this on a single computer.

Do the wallets still need separate public IP or just different VM and single IP is fine?

Yes they still do.

Run them all over TOR.

Oh boy... I think I will need some more bandwidth.   Might get some VM from azure or amazon or something...

Heh. Bring on the tx revenue!

Any chance Dan can make it so that say you have multiple input/address that adds to up more than 1000 XC to act as a xmixer rather than separate wallets?   Say you have 50k in a wallet, then it acts like 50 Xmixers rather than needing to run 50 separate wallets??  

I doubt that'll be a good idea in terms of the blockchain. It's not a good idea to run multiple copies of your wallet.dat and then spend from both. You can corrupt the wallet.dat.

Xmixers will be continually receiving and sending fragments. Imagine how much higher the chances of corrupting your wallet would be with that!

In any case, having several wallets, each with a smaller balance, is more secure. If I had 50k I'd certainly spread them around a bit. :-)

On the other hand,  I'm all for incentivising nodes to perform better. Quicker service, or fewer issues, etc. might be pretty important in a web 3.0/blockchain 2.0 scenario.

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
So when this REV2 is release we will be getting paid For our Xnodes now/X mixer whatever were calling it

Hello I was wondering if for the xnode you will need it to run in a single wallet with 1000 xc or can you have multiple xnodes in a single wallet putting 1000 xc in different addresses?

Yes nodes with a dedicated address containing 1000 XC will receive revenue for trustlessly forwarding transactions.

You can run as many wallets as you like. You'd need a virtualisation environment to do this on a single computer.

Do the wallets still need separate public IP or just different VM and single IP is fine?

Yes they still do.

Run them all over TOR.

Oh boy... I think I will need some more bandwidth.   Might get some VM from azure or amazon or something...

Any chance Dan can make it so that say you have multiple input/address that adds to up more than 1000 XC to act as a xmixer rather than separate wallets?   Say you have 50k in a wallet, then it acts like 50 Xmixers rather than needing to run 50 separate wallets??  

I doubt that'll be a good idea in terms of the blockchain. It's not a good idea to run multiple copies of your wallet.dat and then spend from both. You can corrupt the wallet.dat.

Xmixers will be continually receiving and sending fragments. Imagine how much higher the chances of corrupting your wallet would be with that!

In any case, having several wallets, each with a smaller balance, is more secure. If I had 50k I'd certainly spread them around a bit. :-)

legendary

Yes they still do.

Run them all over TOR.

legendary
Removed all the quotes to save screen space... When will it be possible to run Xnodes with our Wallets having at least 1000 XC coins?

This Monday.

On Monday we're also including a feature that's a "coinjoin killer". Brace yourself.

Yes they still do.

Run them all over TOR.

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Removed all the quotes to save screen space... When will it be possible to run Xnodes with our Wallets having at least 1000 XC coins?
legendary

Yes they still do.

Run them all over TOR.

Oh boy... I think I will need some more bandwidth.   Might get some VM from azure or amazon or something...

Yes they still do.

Run them all over TOR.

Oh boy... I think I will need some more bandwidth.   Might get some VM from azure or amazon or something...
legendary

Yes they still do.

Run them all over TOR.
Activity: 840

Yes they still do. 1 IP = 1 Node

legendary

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

For those who are catching up:

4 days until #XCurrency releases its #coinjoinkiller, the finalised Rev 2!
           #XC #privacy #tech #leader

Twitter: https://twitter.com/XCurrency/status/510056503861329920
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/XCurrency?fref=ts

- The XC Multipool is working wonderfully and is in its final stages of beta.
- Rent a miner and try it out!

- There may be an updated test release of the finalised Rev 2 today.

MiningRigRentals.com is far superior to Betarigs btw, feel free to use my referral link if you want Wink

Activity: 462
legendary

Gotta love a string of XC stake and mining payouts.

Isn't it cool that unlike the "interest" you earn in a savings account (which is just the bezzle), interest earned in XC is actually newly created money?

Activity: 714
Can somebody make a wallet for XC similar to Multibit if that is possible? That way if you close your wallet you don't have to sync up for so long.
Jump to: