Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 403. (Read 1484189 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

So you all know, I'm working on the OP now.

legendary
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
It actually works like that and it doesn't work like that, and sometimes it works unlike either Smiley

I'd say that's a suitably paradoxical expression for price action. :-)

legendary
It actually works like that and it doesn't work like that, and sometimes it works unlike either Smiley
Activity: 700
Merit: 500

You say that the bitcoin price has never been affected by news? I would care to disagree.

If anything, people would have bought before the news and dump on the news.

People did not know about the paypall news release.. it does not work always as you say. Price will rise for sure.

I knew this was coming months ago actually. You just have to pay attention to the hints being offered by the world around us.

Everyone knew it was coming none knew the exact date. there has been dumps since a month now.. people will buy back in.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100

You say that the bitcoin price has never been affected by news? I would care to disagree.

People did not know about the paypall news release.. it does not work always as you say. Price will rise for sure.

I knew this was coming months ago actually. You just have to pay attention to the hints being offered by the world around us.

Activity: 178

Hey Synechist, there is no mention in the roadmap on page 1 about web 3.0 and the qibuck collaboration.. will that be updated?

thx
Activity: 518
Just Bought 3000 XCs guys  Grin Grin I was sick of my orders standing there withouth anyone wanting to sell ... they are still a bargain at those prices anyway.

Nice one.. Indeed they are a bargain at the moment.. Once a few more chunky buys kick in we will rise pretty fast, then the sheep will come and see rev 2 is round the corner... 6 days to go!
Activity: 178
Just Bought 3000 XCs guys  Grin Grin I was sick of my orders standing there withouth anyone wanting to sell ... they are still a bargain at those prices anyway.
legendary
ok, apologies if I misunderstood or misconstrued you
sorry for the weak analogy, I deleted my original post after Synechist fully addressed it. Thank you for showing some maturity and not implying I am a shortsighted whiny baby or fudding, because I have an opinion on a topic related to XC (which I'm heavily invested in for the longterm).
You must have caught me on a good day Smiley
All the best.
legendary
I'm a little concerned. Dan is reviewing the code of other coins. They tend to do well even though in my opinion they don't offer anything spectacular. I understand Dan needs to eat and pay the bills, but what about XC?

reminds me of an old adage my father used to tell me:
Shoe repair guy is so busy and successful fixing everyone else's shoes but he forgets to fix his own shoes and they eventually wear down and break (was trying to write this as well as I could because it was told to me in Russian many years ago so excuse my translation).  Smiley

Yes, I get the same impression. They put out one lame press release after another but they can't generate any new interest, as evidenced by the falling volume:

http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/period-charts.php?period=3-months&resolution=day&pair=xc-btc&market=mintpal

I'm a XC bagholder and I don't like what I'm seeing. We have a former Microsoft guy working on the marketing, right? What's he been up to recently?
The way I look at it is, that this calendar year we have seen the altcoin market explode, with hundreds of coins being issued, and the whole thing is still kinda in a state of chaos. There is just too much to take in, and it will still take awhile for the dust to settle.
But in time I think some coins will remain, and come into use in transactions. XC stands a good chance IMHO when I compare it to the others I see.

On the other hand this space is still so wild and unpredictable that what actually happens will probably be nothing like I imagine Smiley
There is still the odd very interesting innovation appearing.

We may even see hundreds of thousands of coins and coins as a currency of self expression as Andreas Andropoulos suggested in a talk I saw.

Such a poor analogy. You are comparing a car company, which is a profit seeking venture with shareholders witha community based venture that will eventually be an open source project for the benefit of anyone, not just shareholders.

Can you see the very vast difference between a company with shareholders and a profit motive and something like Bitcoin?

Bitcoin or XC is very very different to a profit seeking corporation

You didn't get the point of my post or your just avoiding it. Either way, I know my example wasn't the best, but it got my general opinion across and its not worth arguing over the details of my example scenario like this. Constructively discussing ideas and providing opinions with the XC community is always a good thing.

Exactly, this will prove to be the fatal flaw for most non-outright P&D cryptocurrency projects. Coins need active development and promotion. And no one has the incentive to do this in the basic model. You need to have some arrangement in place to incentivize those who assume these tasks. You might call it centralization Smiley
Jump to: