Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 489. (Read 1484191 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002
Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.
The market cap of XC will exceed BTSX's once all the feature are delivered, I believe.
XCs market cap will be in the billions if not hundreds of billions in the coming years, it's that big.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
The market cap of XC will exceed BTSX's once all the feature are delivered, I believe.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Well at least, I can say my wifi speeds are better Wink .

of course this was in noway bragging about the awesome Dutch superiority when it comes to fiber internet.. Really it wasn't
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
US connections are a lot slower than in most of europe. I currently have 127mb down and 12 up in the UK. Some countries within in the EU have nationwide 1Gb up and down for normal pricing.

The money that I will be making out of this... ROFLOL.. uuuh I mean... the support that I will give to this network Wink

On wifi with 2 bars filled. With cable can reach 1gb for only 70 euro a month

Well at least, I can say my wifi speeds are better Wink .
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
US connections are a lot slower than in most of europe. I currently have 127mb down and 12 up in the UK. Some countries within in the EU have nationwide 1Gb up and down for normal pricing.

The money that I will be making out of this... ROFLOL.. uuuh I mean... the support that I will give to this network Wink
(ziggo speedtest image)

cat5e directly to modem on telenet cable in belgium:
Activity: 126

Activity: 378

Maybe my home connection is slow for someone in the USA but really fast for an European connection.

I think in that case you would probably stand a good chance of being the first to serve a request from Europe, but you would have no chance of serving a request from the US, because the geographical distance does still make a difference to how long it takes to serve a request. Not sure the exact numbers, but perhaps you would only need to have a good connection speed for your part of the world.
Ok interesting.
So here's another tech questions:
If nodes are on a mix slow/unreliable internet connections and fast/reliable internet --
1) Will this tech be able to weed out the slow connections and bypass them for a more reliable connection
2) Will this tech somehow compensate for the slow connections?

I think it will take time to get all of this 100% right.

For something this ambitious and revolutionary we should be happy to get a working proof of concept up and running and then slowly improve it over time until it's perfect.

First to serve the content gets paid, so people with slow and unreliable connections can try to take part but probably won't make any money.
Maybe my home connection is slow for someone in the USA but really fast for an European connection.
If first to serve is used the client probably needs to make several connections, to know which endpoints are available there need to be some discovery, to know if the request was served or not needs some sort of bookkeeping,  (a transaction for every request served is just to many to scale I guess) .... all this is anything but easy to implement.

But if Dan and his team can make it my fantasy go overboard with this tech, for instance who pays?  The issuer or uploader of the data? I guess with the current qibuck add there team pays the Xnodes serving. but what if you reverse that? I started dreaming about paying by Download,  sell some ebooks for instance. Downloader pays, XC goes to uploader who pays the xnode for serving his content.

Can't wait for the documentation so i can limit my fantasy a little

But ping Smiley

I have 7-20 (20 while uploading pictures and streaming content) and most connections I've tested have around the same.
Activity: 196
Ok interesting.
If nodes are on a mix slow/unreliable internet connections and fast/reliable internet --
1) Will this tech be able to weed out the slow connections and bypass them for a more reliable connection

For something this ambitious and revolutionary we should be happy to get a working proof of concept up and running and then slowly improve it over time until it's perfect.

First to serve the content gets paid, so people with slow and unreliable connections can try to take part but probably won't make any money.
If first to serve is used the client probably needs to make several connections, to know which endpoints are available there need to be some discovery, to know if the request was served or not needs some sort of bookkeeping,  (a transaction for every request served is just to many to scale I guess) .... all this is anything but easy to implement.

But if Dan and his team can make it my fantasy go overboard with this tech, for instance who pays?  The issuer or uploader of the data? I guess with the current qibuck add there team pays the Xnodes serving. but what if you reverse that? I started dreaming about paying by Download,  sell some ebooks for instance. Downloader pays, XC goes to uploader who pays the xnode for serving his content.

My dream too - (see earlier post) - it would be an amazing business model - really revolutionary.
Activity: 178
Ok interesting.

But ping Smiley
Ok interesting.

Activity: 978
Ok interesting.

Having slept on yesterdays announcement in still in shock at how many possibilities it opens up.. Xc is now so far ahead of the pack and operating in its own space try at its scary.. Total trust in Dans judgement, we just have to let him get on with it..

Re some of the rev queries.. If as per the announcement the team are saying finishing touches I'm thinking up to 2 weeks.... Happy to wait though...

Well done again team.. You are on fire.

Yep - me too. The great part is it is pretty much impossible for others to copy without copying the whole framework. Gotta love the
30 day change on bitcoinwisdom

https://bitcoinwisdom.com
Ok interesting.

legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
Ok interesting.

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Having slept on yesterdays announcement in still in shock at how many possibilities it opens up.. Xc is now so far ahead of the pack and operating in its own space try at its scary.. Total trust in Dans judgement, we just have to let him get on with it..

Re some of the rev queries.. If as per the announcement the team are saying finishing touches I'm thinking up to 2 weeks.... Happy to wait though...

Well done again team.. You are on fire.
Activity: 163
I can imagine a storage layer (renting out your HDD) is also part of this model. So you get payed for offering the content
Where are the files stored of the CDN? In the Blockchain? If so every wallet needs a full Blockchain with all the files stored in that blockchain? Aren't we talking about a massive storage that every node need?

There aren't stored in the blockchain itself, but nodes would need extra storage for this.

Would every node store everything, or if more content was added would each piece of content be stored in a certain number of randomly chosen nodes?
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
Where are the files stored of the CDN? In the Blockchain? If so every wallet needs a full Blockchain with all the files stored in that blockchain? Aren't we talking about a massive storage that every node need?
By the way - is this going to be a press release? If we're looking for a step-change in the widespread acceptance of
XC this would be a perfect opportunity. - clearly it leads to a lot of conversations. EDIT: that question for Arlyn I guess.
Jump to: