Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 491. (Read 1484191 times)

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
Where also can I find block explorer info and mining instructions?

The Announcement thread doesn't contain these ? Huh
legendary
http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/xcurrency-begins-selling-highly-anticipated-xchat-tor-stick/2014/08/07

Im reading that XC will be (or already has) unveiled "TorStick" which seems to be a physical product..

Can anyone knowledgeable elaborate on this "Tor Stick" and how it's used?

Im doing a research project on XC and there doesn't seem to be much information around on this. Very interesting coin so far though team, One of the most unique that I have seen!  Smiley

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/nov/05/tor-beginners-guide-nsa-browser

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/what-is-tor-faq,news-17754.html

Now with that said, Tails is a linux bootable live cd with all of this enabled. So you are good to go right off the bat.  You can install TOR onto any browser in windows.

XC Tor stick is just that, a bootable linux distro with tor enabled and the XC wallet installed.  Once you understand how the onion router (tor) works you can see how you can tag other services onto it.

Cool, this is exactly what I was looking for!

Doesn't seem to be as complicated as I thought it was  Grin
Activity: 339
Merit: 250
http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/xcurrency-begins-selling-highly-anticipated-xchat-tor-stick/2014/08/07

Im reading that XC will be (or already has) unveiled "TorStick" which seems to be a physical product..

Im doing a research project on XC and there doesn't seem to be much information around on this. Very interesting coin so far though team, One of the most unique that I have seen!  Smiley

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/nov/05/tor-beginners-guide-nsa-browser

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/what-is-tor-faq,news-17754.html

Now with that said, Tails is a linux bootable live cd with all of this enabled. So you are good to go right off the bat.  You can install TOR onto any browser in windows.

XC Tor stick is just that, a bootable linux distro with tor enabled and the XC wallet installed.  Once you understand how the onion router (tor) works you can see how you can tag other services onto it.

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

The TOR stick is a USB Drive with the XC logo for those who want an official TOR STICk... However, you can download the ISO onto your own generic USB drive and they both function the same. 
legendary
Activity: 1330

welcome.

i think some one will come out to explain. and there is plan in OP to give details soon.
legendary

Activity: 70
I guess the next release of XC is the new UI. Hope the dev could give us a due date of the new UI release.

Thanks.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
anyone know why i get message failed code-1 when i send xc privately
Activity: 70

Bitcoin is building the ecosystem. XCurrency is building the application. I wish I would know XCurrency earlier. Web 3.0 will be a revolution on internet because people are really eager the privacy. The first section of the announcement said the Web 3.0 is starting with in-wallet ads for QiBuck. I think I will stay tuned tightly at this thread & XC partnership QiBuck.

I believe there will be more excited news in the next few weeks.
Activity: 616
So I'm out eating dinner with the kids and I look over and see a Nike advertisement. Why would they want to use this technology or other Nike type companies? I'm not a techie, just trying to understand this announcement.

I think it is more realistic to assume companies like cryptocurrency news sites, cloud mining sites, mining gear companies, exchanges etc. would be the ones advertising.

Maybe in a few years when crypto is "mainstream", and potentially thousands and thousands of people are using their XC app throughout the day, then larger brands would start displaying ads.

If you're wondering which companies will buy in-wallet advertising, yeah, probably the above.

If you're asking who'll buy XC content services for serving normal websites, well, everyone, since it'll be cheaper than Google.

Yup.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 505
Great news Arlyn, but I think until we see something more concrete, such as REV 2 and 2.5 delivered the market will likely not move a whole lot.  I think the spikes will come with news but then settle back down to 130. Never fails.

Any time lines on REV 2 and REV 2.5. Are you thinking by Sept?

Arlyn said at the beginning of this week that REV2 is right around the corner. My guess is that it will come out sometime next week.

Also, teka confirmed today that XC TOR sticks will ship out last week of August (next week) or first week of September.

That's good news. Thanks battbot!
Activity: 616
Great news Arlyn, but I think until we see something more concrete, such as REV 2 and 2.5 delivered the market will likely not move a whole lot.  I think the spikes will come with news but then settle back down to 130. Never fails.

Arlyn said at the beginning of this week that REV2 is right around the corner. My guess is that it will come out sometime next week.

Also, teka confirmed today that XC TOR sticks will ship out last week of August (next week) or first week of September.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 505
Great news Arlyn, but I think until we see something more concrete, such as REV 2 and 2.5 delivered the market will likely not move a whole lot.  I think the spikes will come with news but then settle back down to 130. Never fails.

legendary
Activity: 971
Ok interesting.
So here's another tech questions:
If nodes are on a mix slow/unreliable internet connections and fast/reliable internet --
1) Will this tech be able to weed out the slow connections and bypass them for a more reliable connection
2) Will this tech somehow compensate for the slow connections?

I guess so. Multiple nodes store a given piece of content; whichever node serves the content first gets paid. So if you're slow, you don't even feature.

The connection speed shouldn't matter for mixing because the data being transferred is so miniscule that there should be no impact.
Activity: 714
I am so happy that i have 7500 XC  Grin
When did you buy them?

2 months ago, between 110k and 130k
Nice, but it is a shame that you didn't buy them when they where still 20k.
legendary
Activity: 1190
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
So I'm out eating dinner with the kids and I look over and see a Nike advertisement. Why would they want to use this technology or other Nike type companies? I'm not a techie, just trying to understand this announcement.

I think it is more realistic to assume companies like cryptocurrency news sites, cloud mining sites, mining gear companies, exchanges etc. would be the ones advertising.

Maybe in a few years when crypto is "mainstream", and potentially thousands and thousands of people are using their XC app throughout the day, then larger brands would start displaying ads.

If you're wondering which companies will buy in-wallet advertising, yeah, probably the above.

If you're asking who'll buy XC content services for serving normal websites, well, everyone, since it'll be cheaper than Google.

legendary
Activity: 1190
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
Ok interesting.
If nodes are on a mix slow/unreliable internet connections and fast/reliable internet --
1) Will this tech be able to weed out the slow connections and bypass them for a more reliable connection

I guess so. Multiple nodes store a given piece of content; whichever node serves the content first gets paid. So if you're slow, you don't even feature.

Activity: 150
Merit: 100
Activity: 509
Ok interesting.
Jump to: