Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 485. (Read 1484191 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
If you guys added a Turing complete smart contract system into XC to compete with Ethereum that would make this currency automatically worth 10 times more.

I don't see why XC can't do that in the future as Dan gets all the basics completed after REV 3...  hopefully it will have an IL like .net so it can support multiple languages.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Hello everything, I have a problem, at download the block, there is a message: runtime error this application has requested the runtime to terminate
Please help. Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
If you guys added a Turing complete smart contract system into XC to compete with Ethereum that would make this currency automatically worth 10 times more.
I would like to stake 500 XC for us at least for now so is it fairly easy to download and stake? I have a windows 8. Smiley

sorry, qiwoman, i've been afraid to do it ...thought i might mess up or my computer would crash or something. good luck  Cheesy did you get a pm set up? wanted to send you one through the initial chaos but sent it to silver with instructions to forward. he probably forgot ...i know he was busy at the time! anyway, i support fresh and innovative ideas which is what i see you are about. and so, know i am in support of you!

1. Just download from: http://xc-official.com/xc-downloads/
2. Make a receive address
3. Withdraw from exchange to that address
4. Encrypt wallet
5. Back up wallet to something... USB, cloud, whatever
6. Unlock wallet and check staking only
7. Enjoy more XC

HEY are you saying that I must encrypt wallet to stake??

No, you must encrypt the wallet for safety. If someone gets your unencrypted wallet.dat, they can steal your coins.

This ^^.   Not encrypting it is like throwing your wallet outside on the street with all your cash in there.    I encrypt it so at least I don't feel 100% at risk even though I store it in the cloud.   
Activity: 361
I would like to stake 500 XC for us at least for now so is it fairly easy to download and stake? I have a windows 8. Smiley

sorry, qiwoman, i've been afraid to do it ...thought i might mess up or my computer would crash or something. good luck  Cheesy did you get a pm set up? wanted to send you one through the initial chaos but sent it to silver with instructions to forward. he probably forgot ...i know he was busy at the time! anyway, i support fresh and innovative ideas which is what i see you are about. and so, know i am in support of you!

4. Encrypt wallet
7. Enjoy more XC

No, you must encrypt the wallet for safety. If someone gets your unencrypted wallet.dat, they can steal your coins.
Activity: 468
Merit: 100

4. Encrypt wallet
7. Enjoy more XC

4. Encrypt wallet
7. Enjoy more XC
Activity: 121

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
Activity: 121

I know, but I live in the countryside and the nearest central office is 5,5 Km away, so I should be happy with what I get.

You live in staphorst or something like that Wink
No, in between Nijkerk and Voorthuizen.

STEENWIJK

gvd. ik ben diegene die zijn munten heeft overgemaakt naar het verkeerde adres. Was/ben dronken en heb het verkeerde adres ingevoerd... SUKKEL!! OMFG

edit. Dure les, maar ik leer het wel haah
haah!!!
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002
Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.
iv'e been to the Netherlands a few times nice country you got there shame foreigners can't go into the coffee shops any more drinking a beer and smoking a j of white widow while watching the pushers whisper " charlie..charlie" to passers bye makes for a great day, i used to go that bar call Excalibur a fair bit might go back to the Dam latter this year after my holiday in thailand.
Activity: 126

I know, but I live in the countryside and the nearest central office is 5,5 Km away, so I should be happy with what I get.

STEENWIJK

gvd. ik ben diegene die zijn munten heeft overgemaakt naar het verkeerde adres. Was/ben dronken en heb het verkeerde adres ingevoerd... SUKKEL!! OMFG

edit. Dure les, maar ik leer het wel haah
Activity: 361
And a money printing machine.  ...Just plug it in and let it stake!!!

Right. After about one week of waiting in silence, it finally started to mint nicely.

Every day finding a new small bounty:

So this is with around 3500 coins ? Or considerably less ?

Is it true that when less people who own XC are staking, the profits for the ones that do stake will rise above the 3,33% ?

And are there any plans for developing a mobile version of the wallet for staking on Android and/ or IOS ?

Your Computer is on, wallet is unlocked for staking?
Activity: 364
Hello XCurrency community, I have been religiously reading this thread since around page 100. I know you all quite well by now, I haven't registered or said anything till today because I am more of a reader than a typer . I have realized that for XCurrency to grow and thrive it needs everyone hiding in the cracks and crevices to come out, socialize, put our heads together, and contribute to the community so that we may tower over everything in our path!

I am looking forward to the future of XCurrency and this community!

Aaron

hey Aaron,

welcome aboard mate  Smiley
Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Activity: 126

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Ok interesting.
So here's another tech questions:
If nodes are on a mix slow/unreliable internet connections and fast/reliable internet --
1) Will this tech be able to weed out the slow connections and bypass them for a more reliable connection
2) Will this tech somehow compensate for the slow connections?

I think it will take time to get all of this 100% right.

For something this ambitious and revolutionary we should be happy to get a working proof of concept up and running and then slowly improve it over time until it's perfect.

First to serve the content gets paid, so people with slow and unreliable connections can try to take part but probably won't make any money.
Maybe my home connection is slow for someone in the USA but really fast for an European connection.
If first to serve is used the client probably needs to make several connections, to know which endpoints are available there need to be some discovery, to know if the request was served or not needs some sort of bookkeeping,  (a transaction for every request served is just to many to scale I guess) .... all this is anything but easy to implement.

But if Dan and his team can make it my fantasy go overboard with this tech, for instance who pays?  The issuer or uploader of the data? I guess with the current qibuck add there team pays the Xnodes serving. but what if you reverse that? I started dreaming about paying by Download,  sell some ebooks for instance. Downloader pays, XC goes to uploader who pays the xnode for serving his content.

Can't wait for the documentation so i can limit my fantasy a little

US connections are a lot slower than in most of europe. I currently have 127mb down and 12 up in the UK. Some countries within in the EU have nationwide 1Gb up and down for normal pricing.
I only have 2mb down and 0,40mb up and that is on the good days, currently it is way slower.

I live in The Netherlands btw.

Hmm interesting, national average is 14
I know, but I live in the countryside and the nearest central office is 5,5 Km away, so that is why it is that slow.
Activity: 196
please do not raise another coin discussion here.

all precedent coin in discussion ended in graveyard.

help yourself coin by not talking that one here.

It was only a warning
Jump to: