Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 607. (Read 1484192 times)

legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1000
I used Enter to send a message without even realizing. Also the popup notification is great.

Same here Smiley Loving the daily updates and wallet releases, so much progress here.

Dan is coding even when he sleeps lol Smiley
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
I used Enter to send a message without even realizing. Also the popup notification is great.

Same here Smiley Loving the daily updates and wallet releases, so much progress here.
legendary
Activity: 1190
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

I was a big critic of the keycoin review but i have to agree here . if done carefully reviews can be beneficial. Keycoin wasn't gold but this time could be different. As suggested before I hope you look over it in case Dan writes it and tweek it from a PR point of view.

Also as a passionate developer that Dan is its probably fun to look at other code . i understand that. in order to keep productivity up for your own project taking some off time for some brain candy is actually beneficial.

Its a bout timing and execution from a PR pov

Yes, I think this suggestion is valuable. I'll put it to Dan.

Thanks Hoertest.
Activity: 882

And that would have been fine but now there is another code review happening. How the hell does that relate to XChat? That's my point. If the sole focus is XChat, then XChat it is, but if you have time to take on another issue/product, then you have time to look into the issue I am having.

You don't get to decide Dan's priority list.

Not saying I should have to. The priorities should be obvious.

What's obvious is the number of people here who don't consider your view obvious.

IMO code reviews are marketing gold for XC. And I'm the PR person, so my view counts in this respect.

I was a big critic of the keycoin review but i have to agree here . if done carefully reviews can be beneficial. Keycoin wasn't gold but this time could be different. As suggested before I hope you look over it in case Dan writes it and tweek it from a PR point of view.

Also as a passionate developer that Dan is its probably fun to look at other code . i understand that. in order to keep productivity up for your own project taking some off time for some brain candy is actually beneficial.

Its a bout timing and execution from a PR pov
legendary
if you can't see why someone in my position would be frustrated with extra time being devoted to outside projects, well, that just sucks.

I'm on a massive university network with some unknown sort of filtering, and privacy mode doesn't work for me.

So I'm in your position!

And a code review is not for the sake of other projects. It's for XC. Like I said, it's marketing gold.

I hope this satisfies you.

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

And that would have been fine but now there is another code review happening. How the hell does that relate to XChat? That's my point. If the sole focus is XChat, then XChat it is, but if you have time to take on another issue/product, then you have time to look into the issue I am having.

What's obvious is the number of people here who don't consider your view obvious.

IMO code reviews are marketing gold for XC. And I'm the PR person, so my view counts in this respect.

Because lack of functionality is good PR. *eyeroll*

This wasn't meant to turn into what it has but if you can't see why someone in my position would be frustrated with extra time being devoted to outside projects, well, that just sucks.

Nobody is saying your problem isn't an issue... Dan already said he will work with you this afternoon.  

You know, Dan has his own personal time too.  

Should he not go to pee because he didn't fix your issue?  
Should he not sleep?
Should he not spend any time with his family?
Should he not have any BREAKS?

How do you know he's not doing it as pleasure during his breaks?

That's what people are saying.   He's not a slave.   He's obviously working major hours on XC.    Which part of the above do you not understand?
Activity: 204
Merit: 100

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

But lack of functionality isn't good PR.

This wasn't meant to turn into what it has but if you can't see why someone in my position would be frustrated with extra time being devoted to outside projects, well, that just sucks.
legendary

I think we should move on from this, gentlemen.  It sounds like oblox and Dan will be able to take a look at things this afternoon, and until then there's not much discussion to be had.  No sense in rehashing this over and over until there's something to discuss.

+1
Activity: 105
Merit: 10

I think we should move on from this, gentlemen.  It sounds like oblox and Dan will be able to take a look at things this afternoon, and until then there's not much discussion to be had.  No sense in rehashing this over and over until there's something to discuss.

legendary

legendary
Activity: 105
Merit: 10

Yes, pretty much all the crypto news sites are being contacted.

Basically the crypto world is finally realising that XC is not some marginal and shady project.

We've all known this for months - and for this our investments will be the most profitable - but it takes this long for the word to leak out.

What every bagholder needs to do is market the living daylights out of XC.

Most people in this community have gone all in, and so it's essential that we get new people involved.

If you can't put the price up by buying, put it up by raising awareness of XC's awesome tech!

This is very true, making people aware of the coin is crucial to its adoption.. i did not know about it till i saw synechist post in my thread about the pros and cons of anon coins... https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8117485

Hello sir! Welcome to our thread.

legendary

Activity: 675
Merit: 507
Freedom to choose

Yes, pretty much all the crypto news sites are being contacted.

Basically the crypto world is finally realising that XC is not some marginal and shady project.

We've all known this for months - and for this our investments will be the most profitable - but it takes this long for the word to leak out.

What every bagholder needs to do is market the living daylights out of XC.

Most people in this community have gone all in, and so it's essential that we get new people involved.

If you can't put the price up by buying, put it up by raising awareness of XC's awesome tech!

This is very true, making people aware of the coin is crucial to its adoption.. i did not know about it till i saw synechist post in my thread about the pros and cons of anon coins... https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8117485
Activity: 1498
Merit: 537

+1000
legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 537

How do you know he is going to review their code before he helps you this afternoon?

You are coming across as extremely needy, IMO.  You are the only one that seems to have this problem.  I think Dan is being very gracious by spending some one on one time with you to try and figure it out.  I would find it surprising if Dan would give priority to another coin over his own project.

In my eyes, since you are the only one who can reproduce the bug, it is a relatively low priority.  Instead of complaining, you should be commending.  

... what happens when more people start trying it out and run into the same issue I am having. Are you really going to say it's low priority then?

No, that is why I explicitly made the point that you are the only one.  At the company I work for, the reported bugs escalate as more hits are gained.  It is the only way to effectively develop software.

If more people were to complain about the same issue you are having, it is only logical that the priority would increase.

...or I'm the only one that has openly posted about it.

...or I'm one of the people that actually tried private transfers instead of taking everyone's word that it works.

Regardless, it should be fixed. Perhaps it's an easy fix, in which case, great, it shouldn't take long at all. So far, Dan has been stumped what is going on so take it for what it's worth.

I don't think anyone here is saying that it shouldn't be fixed.  I'm not saying that.  

Obviously Dan is aware of it and has set a time for you and him to trouble shoot the issue.

The point is, you keep harping about it, and going on about how you disagree about what your perception of what Dan's priorities are.
legendary

How do you know he is going to review their code before he helps you this afternoon?

You are coming across as extremely needy, IMO.  You are the only one that seems to have this problem.  I think Dan is being very gracious by spending some one on one time with you to try and figure it out.  I would find it surprising if Dan would give priority to another coin over his own project.

In my eyes, since you are the only one who can reproduce the bug, it is a relatively low priority.  Instead of complaining, you should be commending. 

... what happens when more people start trying it out and run into the same issue I am having. Are you really going to say it's low priority then?

No, that is why I explicitly made the point that you are the only one.  At the company I work for, the reported bugs escalate as more hits are gained.  It is the only way to effectively develop software.

If more people were to complain about the same issue you are having, it is only logical that the priority would increase.

Oblox we've chatted about this issue before.

Your issue is related to Privacy Mode. This is a Rev 2 issue.

At the moment we're dealing with XChat. After this, we move onto the final Rev 2 release.

So Dan is being gracious in working with you to fix an issue that is not only isolated but also not at the top of XC's task list.

Please drop this. It's been discussed before.

Jump to: