Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 629. (Read 1484192 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
If you aren't comfortable ........
warning!

Cryptsy has some serious problem.

do not trade/deposit.

they are holding my xc up to 48 hours.

LOL. People still use Cryptsy. It should go Bittrex > Mintpal > Anything else > Cryptsy
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
warning!

Cryptsy has some serious problem.

do not trade/deposit.

they are holding my xc up to 48 hours.
Activity: 225
Am I actually invested in some kind of future "official" small company that will be focused on engineering privacy back into our everyday lives on the world wide web? That's kind of the sense I'm getting seeing the work done here. It's really amazing. Well done!

Absolutely, everyday that goes by this looks less like an alt and more like a decentralized, potentially mainstream, life changing platform and currency.  

The alt scene is absolutely scary now.   Did you guys hear about zipcoin being a total scam where it's not only a pump and dump, but it actually go and actively steal other coins wallets?  

So... PSA:  Encrypt your wallet, people!

XC is unlike 99% of the altcoins.  It has a professional dev team and a real plan to make some impact in delivering privacy back to the people.

Ha I had no idea that had happened... everyday theres some bs scam or hack going on.... good thing my wallets encrypted and backed up on 27 different usb drives, 6 hard drives, private keys drilled into brass and in a fire proof, water proof, state of the art biometric vault that requires fingerprint, retina scan, and voice recognition to open.

I have my private keys tattoed on my left buttock, trust me no one will look there.

HA!  For XC I would consider:-)

lol...trust me, if it's worth a million bucks worth of XC.  I'm sure people will start looking there.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Am I actually invested in some kind of future "official" small company that will be focused on engineering privacy back into our everyday lives on the world wide web? That's kind of the sense I'm getting seeing the work done here. It's really amazing. Well done!

Absolutely, everyday that goes by this looks less like an alt and more like a decentralized, potentially mainstream, life changing platform and currency.  

The alt scene is absolutely scary now.   Did you guys hear about zipcoin being a total scam where it's not only a pump and dump, but it actually go and actively steal other coins wallets?  

XC is unlike 99% of the altcoins.  It has a professional dev team and a real plan to make some impact in delivering privacy back to the people.

Ha I had no idea that had happened... everyday theres some bs scam or hack going on.... good thing my wallets encrypted and backed up on 27 different usb drives, 6 hard drives, private keys drilled into brass and in a fire proof, water proof, state of the art biometric vault that requires fingerprint, retina scan, and voice recognition to open.

I have my private keys tattoed on my left buttock, trust me no one will look there.

HA!  For XC I would consider:-)
Activity: 980
Merit: 500

So... PSA:  Encrypt your wallet, people!

Well, not me lol
Activity: 361
Merit: 250

Activity: 364

Activity: 322

Thus far we've got:

- XChat

- The TOR Stick

Well we now have...

XChat that connects to TOR nodes!

This is the new version of XChat (2.47g), downloadable now:

- Windows

- Ubuntu

How to connect to TOR:

When you install it, you'll find "xcurrency.conf" in the installation folder that you selected during the installation.

Copy "xcurrency.conf" to %appdata%/roaming/xcurrency and you're good to go!

About how it connects to TOR:

XChat over TOR works just fine with other nodes, whether these are on TOR or not.

XChat over TOR is not as secure as XChat in the TOR Stick, which has its own node built-in. Instead it connects to external TOR nodes. But it's pretty intensely private anyway.

See you all tomorrow for the TOR Stick release...

I like the surprise announcement, gets the adrenaline rushing Wink

I can't wait for tomorrows update, everyday this gets better, and I know we're just warming up. 

Activity: 616
Thus far we've got:

- XChat

- The TOR Stick

Well we now have...

- Windows

- Ubuntu

How to connect to TOR:

When you install it, you'll find "xcurrency.conf" in the installation folder that you selected during the installation.

XChat over TOR works just fine with other nodes, whether these are on TOR or not.

XChat over TOR is not as secure as XChat in the TOR Stick, which has its own node built-in. Instead it connects to external TOR nodes. But it's pretty intensely private anyway.

so Dan just secretly sneaked in TOR functionality in today's update?   Shocked Shocked Shocked
do we have to look for hidden features in future updates too?  Cheesy Cheesy

You still need the tor-browser bundle, I just included a TOR seed node.

At this time, TOR will be kept outside of the wallet, so that TOR can be updated separately outside of the wallet... So moving forward we will keep those 2 software stacks separate.

This update just enables Windows or Linux users to download the TOR Browser bundle and quickly enable XC to use TOR

if you want ONLY TOR connections, use onlynet=TOR, if your okay with also reaching IPV4 nodes OVER TOR, you can leave that out

XCHat has been extensively tested over TOR and you can communicate with NON-TOR users and TOR users at the same time.

Dan

Thanks Dan. Necessary information that I neglected to add. :-)

Looks like tomorrow will be a big day.  Smiley
Activity: 644
Activity: 756
To atcsecure:

What about implementing a decentralized VPN service into the nodes, where somebody can create a VPN node and get paid in XC by the one who is using his node.
Make some traffic plans, where you pay X amount for Y traffic.

I'll pay for such a service, an open source decentralized VPN service.

Client (Pays X Fee for 1 GB) -> Node 1 (Receives 1% from X Fee) -> Node 2 (Receives 1% from X Fee) -> Some other Nodes, 18 for example, receiving another 18% from X Fee in total -> The final exit node (Receives 80% from X Fee) -> Destination

Chris

XNodes Smiley
Activity: 756
Thus far we've got:

- XChat

- The TOR Stick

Well we now have...

- Windows

- Ubuntu

How to connect to TOR:

so Dan just secretly sneaked in TOR functionality in today's update?   Shocked Shocked Shocked

At this time, TOR will be kept outside of the wallet, so that TOR can be updated separately outside of the wallet... So moving forward we will keep those 2 software stacks separate.

This update just enables Windows or Linux users to download the TOR Browser bundle and quickly enable XC to use TOR

if you want ONLY TOR connections, use onlynet=TOR, if your okay with also reaching IPV4 nodes OVER TOR, you can leave that out

XCHat has been extensively tested over TOR and you can communicate with NON-TOR users and TOR users at the same time.

Dan

ok thanks Dan for the clarification.

though i'm a little confused right now.
i tried the new release with the included config, but i didn't install the TOR-browser bundle yet.
and it works fine Huh
but as i understand it, you NEED to have the bundle installed in order to use the onlynet=TOR config.

or am i mistaking? (i have to say i dont know much about tor)

Correct
legendary
Activity: 1190
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

i tried the new release with the included config, but i didn't install the TOR-browser bundle yet.
and it works fine Huh
but as i understand it, you NEED to have the bundle installed in order to use the onlynet=TOR config.

Yeah it'll work fine without TOR.

And with TOR it'll be more private.

Activity: 407
Merit: 254
Come on Syn... dont leave us hanging to long

Why did some1 say Arlyn i pm you..... and then that post gets deleted and now a stall....insider trading from the top?

..... what?

Haha. It was Flashbit. He didn't receive my reply to his TOR Stick competition entry. Sheesh.

Oh that, yeah I bought loads of coins of that info:

*actuall screenshot, not a true story.

The actual story... https://twitter.com/DrasticRaven/status/497124283265863680

Oh and trust me that test is a pretty big deal.

At that price why not use a tiny slice of premine to buy everyone that entered the competition a TOR stick. Dan doesn't have to sign them all.

Anyone notice that we've created a new word here......"TORStick"
Activity: 165
Thus far we've got:

- XChat

- The TOR Stick

Well we now have...

- Windows

- Ubuntu

How to connect to TOR:

Dan

and it works fine Huh

Activity: 182
legendary
Activity: 1190
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
Thus far we've got:

- XChat

- The TOR Stick

Well we now have...

- Windows

- Ubuntu

How to connect to TOR:

Dan

Thanks Dan. Necessary information that I neglected to add. :-)

Activity: 100
Merit: 10
Yet another surprise. Awesome  Smiley.
Jump to: