Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 723. (Read 1484192 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Keycoin dev is now saying that Dan will review their code and provide feedback?   Is it true?   If not, maybe you want to step in and clear up any confusion?

Developer of XC's anonymous system has agreed to review our code and provide feedback to the community. This is great news for us!
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1000
How about the UI update preview?  Grin

Heh. Rev 2.5 ;-)

End Of July? Make me Jizz

You mean that gif doesnt do it for you?? Cheesy

That gif... oh man.

REV 2.5 is end of July? Yay if thats correct..

No, Cryptico came up with that date. We've said nothing of the sort.

Please, everyone, don't trust information without first checking official announcements. Imagine I'd not been here and this "end of July" notion started to get amplified?

I just wanted confirmation of that date. I remember that Dan was saying it would come up on a similar time frame end of july first two weeks in august in IRC while testing Rev 1.5 I believe or Rev 2 I don't remember which rev. I did not want to create any false expectations if I did I can Apology for that.

Sure, no worries. I wasn't in IRC for testing so I can't verify that.

There's not a whole lot more work to do on Rev 2, but there've been no official announcements regarding a date, so it's realistic not to assume any particular date.

Please, do NOT release ANY date until we can be ABSOLUTELY sure we wont' miss it this time.   Pretty please.    Cheesy

Yes many people are thinking the same Smiley We know it will come but it is better to say on one day - here is new REV without giving ahead specific day dates, months and weeks are enough  Wink
Activity: 322

Heh. Rev 2.5 ;-)

That gif... oh man.

Please, everyone, don't trust information without first checking official announcements. Imagine I'd not been here and this "end of July" notion started to get amplified?

I just wanted confirmation of that date. I remember that Dan was saying it would come up on a similar time frame end of july first two weeks in august in IRC while testing Rev 1.5 I believe or Rev 2 I don't remember which rev. I did not want to create any false expectations if I did I can Apology for that.

There's not a whole lot more work to do on Rev 2, but there've been no official announcements regarding a date, so it's realistic not to assume any particular date.

Please, do NOT release ANY date until we can be ABSOLUTELY sure we wont' miss it this time.   Pretty please.    Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1190
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
How about the UI update preview?  Grin

Heh. Rev 2.5 ;-)

That gif... oh man.

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Heh. Rev 2.5 ;-)

That gif... oh man.

Activity: 141
Merit: 100
Over 25 copies of Watch Dogs given away to XC Community Members!

I still have a stack of codes for whoever speaks up Smiley

Or if you miss your chances in here, I am periodically hopping on the Polo Trollbox and making it Rain games on them too if they tweet or like or share XC on twitter and FB.  A little plug never hurt nobody

Any chance i can get a copy?
Activity: 882

Heh. Rev 2.5 ;-)

please share the new privacy feature before. Also last try for new thread title. Cheesy

The undisclosed privacy feature will come before Rev 2.5, because it's a Rev 2 feature. :-)

As for a new thread title, you'll have to ask Teka because he's the moderator. How about "[ANN][XCurrency] Trustless mixing; multipath; encrypted P2P instant messaging"

Yeah defenatly XCurrency , i tink the rest is already to "insider technical",

"[ANN][XCurrency] Decentralised Privacy; Tor Stick; encrypted XChat" , sounds more like a headline i think

one could also change tor stick for "bloat free" or "fully scalable" to distinct XC from monero without saying monero. Wink

what you say teka?
Activity: 518
legendary

Heh. Rev 2.5 ;-)

That gif... oh man.

Please, everyone, don't trust information without first checking official announcements. Imagine I'd not been here and this "end of July" notion started to get amplified.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

Heh. Rev 2.5 ;-)

please share the new privacy feature before. Also last try for new thread title. Cheesy

The undisclosed privacy feature will come before Rev 2.5, because it's a Rev 2 feature. :-)

As for a new thread title, you'll have to ask Teka because he's the moderator. How about "[ANN][XCurrency] Trustless mixing; multipath; encrypted P2P instant messaging"

I'd still also recommend keeping the XC symbol in there: "[ANN][XC] XCurrency - Trustless multipath mixing; encrypted P2P instant messaging, web 3.0"
Activity: 518

One request if you please....   Please release it properly and not at 23:59 on the 31st in a non complete state Cheesy

Would rather have it as intended even if it means waiting longer.
Activity: 364
legendary

Heh. Rev 2.5 ;-)

legendary
Hi guys, I haven't been following this thread for a while.

I have a quick question: Have you implemented  Xnode system where you stake the 550XC to run the node?

They removed the requirement to have 550 XC to be an Xnode.   That might change later on, but for now, you don't need it.  Every wallet is an Xnode now.

I see. I think this is one of the reasons why this coin hasn't taken off, people want to earn extra coins through running a node, unless i'm mistaken and you get a payment for running a Xnode?

Yes but the payment has not yet been decided and is not active in the node yet. I think this will be added in Rev 2.5 Synechist might be able to clarify.

The sooner we get a fee for running an Xnode the sooner this coin takes off.

+1

waiting for this since i first heard the word xnode!

Yes I think there is some degree of an incentive to use XC if Xnode fees are charged.

However I do not think the incentive is all that great, since the fees will not be particularly high.

(And if the fees were high, then we'd disincentivise people from using XC to make payments.)

To my mind by far the greatest incentive to invest in XC is its solid fundamentals. At this stage you make money out of investing early, not by processing transactions.

Transaction fees would become a viable income when XC becomes truly mainstream. Before then, they're just not that much of an incentive.

That said, we're still considering what fees will be charged for private transactions, and whether there's sufficient warrant for a minimum wallet balance. We will, of course, keep you posted on this as things develop.

Just don't expect it to change people's behaviour much when we announce these details. What'll change wallet usage is Privacy Mode and a great client for secure instant messaging, and those are on the way.

This an old post where i was suggesting some idea to support the cost of running an xnode and balance the fact that when you reserve a balance you dont stake that reserve and lost the 3,3% of interest in staking.
Right now i dont know if running the new wallet use again this reserve balance.

http://xctalk.com/index.php?/topic/71-xnode-and-the-incentive-to-run-it/

Using this technology for becoming anonym cant be free that my vision.

Discuss ?

At present it isn't free to make an anonymous transaction. It costs 0.00001XC, or something (can't remember).

You can run your Xnode and earn 3.33% interest on your entire balance; you no longer have to lose out on the interest on the 550XC that you previously had to reserve for an Xnode.

In future we may increase the transaction fee, and this would pay Xnode owners to keep their apps running. However I doubt that we'll do this for the following reasons:
- increasing fees will disincentivise people from using XC
- XChat will incentivise people to keep their apps running, so we won't need to provide a further incentive.

However there may still be use-cases for trusted Xnodes. In such cases there's a reason to require a minimum balance and charge higher fees. I'm honestly not sure what these use-cases are because I haven't chatted about it with Dan in enough detail yet, but this could be one (of several?) ways in which you can earn transaction fees for running an Xnode.

Activity: 882

Heh. Rev 2.5 ;-)

Activity: 661
Hi guys, I haven't been following this thread for a while.

I have a quick question: Have you implemented  Xnode system where you stake the 550XC to run the node?

They removed the requirement to have 550 XC to be an Xnode.   That might change later on, but for now, you don't need it.  Every wallet is an Xnode now.

I see. I think this is one of the reasons why this coin hasn't taken off, people want to earn extra coins through running a node, unless i'm mistaken and you get a payment for running a Xnode?

Yes but the payment has not yet been decided and is not active in the node yet. I think this will be added in Rev 2.5 Synechist might be able to clarify.

The sooner we get a fee for running an Xnode the sooner this coin takes off.

+1

waiting for this since i first heard the word xnode!

Yes I think there is some degree of an incentive to use XC if Xnode fees are charged.

However I do not think the incentive is all that great, since the fees will not be particularly high.

(And if the fees were high, then we'd disincentivise people from using XC to make payments.)

To my mind by far the greatest incentive to invest in XC is its solid fundamentals. At this stage you make money out of investing early, not by processing transactions.

Transaction fees would become a viable income when XC becomes truly mainstream. Before then, they're just not that much of an incentive.

That said, we're still considering what fees will be charged for private transactions, and whether there's sufficient warrant for a minimum wallet balance. We will, of course, keep you posted on this as things develop.

Just don't expect it to change people's behaviour much when we announce these details. What'll change wallet usage is Privacy Mode and a great client for secure instant messaging, and those are on the way.

This an old post where i was suggesting some idea to support the cost of running an xnode and balance the fact that when you reserve a balance you dont stake that reserve and lost the 3,3% of interest in staking.
Right now i dont know if running the new wallet use again this reserve balance.

http://xctalk.com/index.php?/topic/71-xnode-and-the-incentive-to-run-it/

Using this technology for becoming anonym cant be free that my vision.

Discuss ?
Activity: 700
Activity: 427
legendary
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
XC