Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 843. (Read 1484197 times)

Activity: 214
Merit: 100
Just to be sure, is it too early to update my  storage wallet to version v0.9.2.40XCurrency-2.42?
or i need to stay in version v0.9.1.50x11-coin-1.0 for the moment.
Activity: 602
Merit: 255
Did you guys see Mintpal was hacked for VRC? All the more reason to keep your coins off exchange  Undecided

when ?
look at XC DRK VRC URO CLOAK........
when any coin Price increases,FUD is come as promised always Cheesy

no its not fud dude.. the exchange was hacked.
Activity: 269
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
Did you guys see Mintpal was hacked for VRC? All the more reason to keep your coins off exchange  Undecided

when ?
look at XC DRK VRC URO CLOAK........
when any coin Price increases,FUD is come as promised always Cheesy
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
i can confirm Trustless Distributed Encrypted Messaging is WORKING!!  Talking to Dan on there right now Wink

Awesome thanks for the update, so far it sounds like every message has gone through.

every message is going through... its like an msn / irc type chat.. he is receiving the messages instantly and replying, there is no delay.

What is most cool about this - is the messages are not going point to point.  And so we know what that means Wink

Badass.  If I had more than 10 twitter followers I'd be tweeting this all day long... I hope some of you can get the word out better than I can haha.
i can confirm Trustless Distributed Encrypted Messaging is WORKING!!  Talking to Dan on there right now Wink

Awesome thanks for the update, so far it sounds like every message has gone through.

every message is going through... its like an msn / irc type chat.. he is receiving the messages instantly and replying, there is no delay.

What is most cool about this - is the messages are not going point to point.  And so we know what that means Wink
Activity: 140
you would think they would STOP all trading on the exchange and ALL withdrawls until they fix their shit.. but nahh... continue business as usual... wtf.

I thought that mintpal was the only secure and so reliable exchange. Undecided
and, as you say, they will continue to "maintain" the security hole in the name of trading?! Angry

Activity: 672
Merit: 501
Update from MintPal
13/07/2014 4:19 PM Announcements
Please read the entirety of this post.

A few hours ago we were unfortunately the subject of a successful attack against the exchange. Our investigations have shown that whilst our security was breached, VeriCoin was the target. We would like to stress that VeriCoin and the VeriCoin network has not been in any way compromised. We have worked to secure the exchange and the withdraw process from any further attack.

As it stands at the moment the following applies:

1) We lost a considerable amount of VeriCoin in the attack, however we have been working with the VRC developers and all major exchanges to hard fork the coin at a position before the attack. This will allow us to retrieve the stolen coins and facilitate all withdrawals. We are also working with various exchanges to accommodate any losses they may encouter as a result of the required fork.

2) We are currently processing withdrawals for all other coins.

As I'm sure you will appreciate, our support channels will most likely be very busy over the coming hours/days so please bear with us.

We would like to personally extend our thanks to the VeriCoin developers and the other exchanges who have pulled out all of the stops to ensure that your VRC funds are safe.

Even a hard fork wont solve the issues. Cryptsy is falling fast, all the BTC that is exchanging hands can not be undone.
you would think they would STOP all trading on the exchange and ALL withdrawls until they fix their shit.. but nahh... continue business as usual... wtf.
Update from MintPal

A few hours ago we were unfortunately the subject of a successful attack against the exchange. Our investigations have shown that whilst our security was breached, VeriCoin was the target. We would like to stress that VeriCoin and the VeriCoin network has not been in any way compromised. We have worked to secure the exchange and the withdraw process from any further attack.

1) We lost a considerable amount of VeriCoin in the attack, however we have been working with the VRC developers and all major exchanges to hard fork the coin at a position before the attack. This will allow us to retrieve the stolen coins and facilitate all withdrawals. We are also working with various exchanges to accommodate any losses they may encouter as a result of the required fork.

As I'm sure you will appreciate, our support channels will most likely be very busy over the coming hours/days so please bear with us.

We would like to personally extend our thanks to the VeriCoin developers and the other exchanges who have pulled out all of the stops to ensure that your VRC funds are safe.
Activity: 210
Crypto Currency Supporter
i can confirm Trustless Distributed Encrypted Messaging is WORKING!!  Talking to Dan on there right now Wink

thanx for testing, for some reason I am really hyped for the EM feature, it gives some kind of exclusive club feeling, being here in its startup!
Activity: 70
Merit: 10

when ?
From MP: "A few hours ago we were unfortunately the subject of a successful attack against the exchange. Our investigations have shown that whilst our security was breached, VeriCoin was the target".

WoW!
Activity: 159
I think I get what you’re saying…

Remembering an endless alphanumeric key is like writing an email where you can easily make a backup of your wallet (e.g. by telling it to your friends). On the other hand having a wallet file which you can only make a backup of and put it on an usb-stick and put it in a safe is like writing with a stick in the sand.
Also you’re implying that today is opposite day?

Btw, if XC team will deliver a brainwallet, I think it would be best to do it along with free tin foil hat as additional security layer to prevent the gov from reading our unencrypted brain waves  Tongue

Jk’n ya, no offense.  Grin

Totally agree about the long alphanumeric code... but...

Brainwallet does not mean you have to remember endless alphanumeric code. The NXT just didn't do the optimised loggining in version. Loggining in to brainwallet is sth different then the braiwallet itself - technology which allows the whole network to remember your wallet money and tranactions like online banking.

Loggining in should just be put simply - login + password + protecting wallet against brute force by using increasing time delays of loggining in to a wallet (for attackers IP) + using minimum time between loggining in. I think we could even do network 1 sec time frames for loggining in. It's not suffer for user to wait 1 sec, but for brute force attack it would take a lot of time.

The other thing is synchronising two wallets (brain wallets) on 2 separate devices for transaction authorisation (I have the idea written somewhere), so that even if someone brute force your account will do nothing Smiley

After all if my wallet is not as trusted as my bank account (loosing my debit card, loosing the pin or loosing a token does not mean I lost my money) then the technology is simply not for people. It's not secure.

PS
If you are interested in creating sth user-friendly (currently the is no user-friendly cryptocoin) then I can give you some ideas. Just PM me if you are developer and want your coin to be revolutionary = easy and secure for people Smiley

Using money must be easy like for idiots, otherwise they are not usefull iven if the are great new technology.
Activity: 672
Merit: 501

when ?

Yeah, also they only attacked vrc balances?

From the wording of the release they did, it sounds like it.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0

when ?

I think within the last couple of hours, they have a statement about VRC and its been taken off the trading market on both bittrex and mintpal:

Update from MintPal

By considerable amount they mean 8 million (that's what I hear).
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

when ?

Yeah, also they only attacked vrc balances?

when ?
Activity: 1008
Merit: 505
please send vault of satoshi an email and request they add XC - they jsut de-listed a bunch of shit coins - so now is our chance - for those wondering... Vault of satoshi is one of the bigger exchanges located in canada

thank you

[email protected]

Message Sent.

Message also sent.  I linked the badass XC video, how could they not add XC after that??

Also sent one guys.
please send vault of satoshi an email and request they add XC - they jsut de-listed a bunch of shit coins - so now is our chance - for those wondering... Vault of satoshi is one of the bigger exchanges located in canada

thank you

[email protected]

Message Sent.

Message also sent.  I linked the badass XC video, how could they not add XC after that??
Jump to: