Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 941. (Read 1484198 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

But what we have achieved is a world first. Until today, there has never been a decentralised trustless mixer. And now there is, in the app you downloaded today.

I've been saying for a while that XC is not semi-centralised, therefore no "security bottleneck" in the form of supernodes.

Well, with Rev 2 every singe wallet is automatically an Xnode. It's completely decentralised.

This should address people's questions about how to set up an Xnode in Rev 2. It's set up already. Just start testing it, and track what it does in the blockchain.

Updates will be very frequent and the app will go onto the mainnet in due course.

We're also unveiling the promised announcements today and tomorrow, and they're no less positive.

Arlyn

Speechless... what REV2 contains is beyond huge.  Every wallet an xnode...?  This is true decentralization... not a semi-centralized solution that you'll find in our closest competitors.

I am literally shocked that this tech milestone alone has not taken XC's price to an ATH... and the only reason it has not yet, from what I can conclude, is that the markets are ignorant to the fact & significance of REV2

The only people that have this info about XC are people within the bitcointalk and the polo troll box communities. That's a minuscule amount people. wait till a major or even a mid-level financial institution or even some of the bitcoin business venture capitalists become hip to it!
Activity: 784
Merit: 250

But what we have achieved is a world first. Until today, there has never been a decentralised trustless mixer. And now there is, in the app you downloaded today.

I've been saying for a while that XC is not semi-centralised, therefore no "security bottleneck" in the form of supernodes.

Well, with Rev 2 every singe wallet is automatically an Xnode. It's completely decentralised.

This should address people's questions about how to set up an Xnode in Rev 2. It's set up already. Just start testing it, and track what it does in the blockchain.

Updates will be very frequent and the app will go onto the mainnet in due course.

We're also unveiling the promised announcements today and tomorrow, and they're no less positive.

Arlyn

Speechless... what REV2 contains is beyond huge.  Every wallet an xnode...?  This is true decentralization... not a semi-centralized solution that you'll find in our closest competitors.

I am literally shocked that this tech milestone alone has not taken XC's price to an ATH... and the only reason it has not yet, from what I can conclude, is that the markets are ignorant to the fact & significance of REV2

No reason for an ATH when people are happy to sell at this price point. Get your cheap coins now. If no other coin can do what XC is doing then there is no other coin to invest in.
Activity: 162
Merit: 100

Arlyn

Couldn't have said it any better.  The significance of this cannot be stressed enough

A real game changer. This is the big news of this release and puts XC in a completely different league to ALL other anon coins.

At some point others will notice and suddenly want to buy back in.
Activity: 113
Where source code rev2.0 beta Huh I'm want make him on Linux
Activity: 252

Arlyn

Couldn't have said it any better.  The significance of this cannot be stressed enough
Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Arlyn

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
If Rev 3 is released and every node is an Xnode, can I assume everybody will get both the POS rewards and if they keep there wallet open occasionally the transaction fee for handling part of an anonymous transaction? Also how to test the new anon features, switch the wallet to testnet & send like we did with 1.5? And ... is there a separate block explorer for the testnet?

Yes, you'll stake and get transaction fees.

It's not yet decided what the fees will be, but you'll get them.

Dan will be online before long and will explain testing.

This is freaking Huge Man Dan overdone Himself Here. I am so Glad I am all In in this.
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
[snip]

From what I gather you are a self-proclaimed PR "manager" that has no clue and idea what is going on and just push the hype train as far as you can. How can there be a compile issue that prevents releasing a wallet. If you are working on a software project, in a unnmanaged language like C++ which the wallet is made in you write code, compile, test and repeat which means there must have been intermediate versions all along or THERE HAS NEVER BEEN ANY WORKING MAINNET IMPLEMENTATION EVER, AT ALL which is the most plausible situation given that ridiciolous and stupid explaination you've made.

I won't even go and touch the issue of "announcements of annoucements" which is nothing but pure market manipulation and not done in any good faith.

You have reason to be frustrated, so I won't begrudge you that.
self-proclaimed PR "manager" -
No. I'm not a manager. My job title is "PR and media liaison".

has no clue and idea what is going on and just push the hype train as far as you can
I will let you judge my work as you wish, and I'll respect those judgements. However I disagree.
Dear Synechist, Even if this whole project fails (witch it won't) it has been worth my while. The Coolness and wisdom with witch you reply to every post is truly inspiring. I think we can all learn (at least) that from you. Keep up the Coolness good work!

Thank you. Much appreciated.

I'll try to improve by not creating the impression that I hype things. In my opinion I've only talked about the fundamentals, but perhaps being excited about them isn't appropriate in some circumstances.

For example I've previously informed people in advance that there'll be an announcement so that those not online at the time get a chance to hear the news. Some people perceive this as hyping an announcement.

Though this is true respecting the fact that people resultantly get excited, that is, "hyped", about the announcement, it's not true that informing people in advance is hyping. The hype is in the excited people, not in the information. But this doesn't mean I should necessarily carry on doing things this way. I'll think this over.

When you announce that there is going to be an announcement, could you give us a window, i.e. "I'll be making an announcement today between 2pm and 4pm est".
 like most ppl, i like to get that info live, If you could provide a 2 to 4 hour window, I think that would be much appreciated!

rockstahh, fuck of already...still crying about this is pure retardness....

Instead of this you could test the wallet a bit and give your feedback...

That is a very reasonable request. Your reply is pretty aggressive and unwarranted.

I agree with this idea, we are global investors! found a window that includes the majority of countries.
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
I just read that we will be able to stake and get xnode fees at the same time now!
so much win.

Activity: 280
NOT FUD! FACTS!
Lets all test the new wallet and offer a nice feedback about it instead of talking "money" on forum...

Agreed.  New wallet is syncing now.  What needs to be tested?  How do we get coins for use on testnet?

You can mine since the dificulty in the testnet is extremely low. Basically spam as many anon transaction as you want and see what happens

Yes, get some coins in testnet and spam transactions...
legendary
Activity: 1003
Stupid question...

but how do i get my client to work in testnet?
Activity: 840
Lets all test the new wallet and offer a nice feedback about it instead of talking "money" on forum...

Agreed.  New wallet is syncing now.  What needs to be tested?  How do we get coins for use on testnet?

You can mine since the dificulty in the testnet is extremely low. Basically spam as many anon transaction as you want and see what happens
Activity: 252

Activity: 66
[snip]

From what I gather you are a self-proclaimed PR "manager" that has no clue and idea what is going on and just push the hype train as far as you can. How can there be a compile issue that prevents releasing a wallet. If you are working on a software project, in a unnmanaged language like C++ which the wallet is made in you write code, compile, test and repeat which means there must have been intermediate versions all along or THERE HAS NEVER BEEN ANY WORKING MAINNET IMPLEMENTATION EVER, AT ALL which is the most plausible situation given that ridiciolous and stupid explaination you've made.

I won't even go and touch the issue of "announcements of annoucements" which is nothing but pure market manipulation and not done in any good faith.

has no clue and idea what is going on and just push the hype train as far as you can
I will let you judge my work as you wish, and I'll respect those judgements. However I disagree.
Dear Synechist, Even if this whole project fails (witch it won't) it has been worth my while. The Coolness and wisdom with witch you reply to every post is truly inspiring. I think we can all learn (at least) that from you. Keep up the Coolness good work!

I'll try to improve by not creating the impression that I hype things. In my opinion I've only talked about the fundamentals, but perhaps being excited about them isn't appropriate in some circumstances.

For example I've previously informed people in advance that there'll be an announcement so that those not online at the time get a chance to hear the news. Some people perceive this as hyping an announcement.

Though this is true respecting the fact that people resultantly get excited, that is, "hyped", about the announcement, it's not true that informing people in advance is hyping. The hype is in the excited people, not in the information. But this doesn't mean I should necessarily carry on doing things this way. I'll think this over.

When you announce that there is going to be an announcement, could you give us a window, i.e. "I'll be making an announcement today between 2pm and 4pm est".
 like most ppl, i like to get that info live, If you could provide a 2 to 4 hour window, I think that would be much appreciated!

That is a very reasonable request. Your reply is pretty aggressive and unwarranted.
Activity: 280
NOT FUD! FACTS!
[snip]

legendary
Activity: 1190
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
[snip]

That's a decent idea.
Activity: 70
[snip]

Activity: 66
It is understandable why people are expressing frustration on this thread. No one likes to lose out on trading.

However, it is this natural history of all coins to go through cycles of pumps and dumps.

For people who have made and crystallized their profits, well done. For those who have made a loss, please take your time to review XC and possibly also compare it to other alts.

I've found, and I hope you too will find, that XC is by far the most advanced and pragmatic currency and platform in its field.

I do not wish to speculate the value of XC, I'll leave that to each individual. Once you have made a personal valuation, pumps and dumps are irrelevant in the medium to long term prospects. I hope my comment helps reassure and comfort those who currently need it.
Activity: 322

Some transactions from someone that thinks he's a BIGSHOT because he sold 2600 XC (removed)

You are kidding right?  You have only 2600 XC... and I thought you sold enough to cause the price to plummet from 300 to 155... LOL.   Back to your mom's basement....
Jump to: