Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1019. (Read 4670673 times)

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
With XMR.TO we can send to a btc address privately.  What needs to be done in order to receive privately from a btc address?

Create new Bitcoin address and never spend that coins/ use mixer/ exchange them back to monero

Bribe us to implement the other direction! Wink

No, seriously: if there's considerable interest, we might consider implementing BTC->XMR.
It's not on the dev schedule as of yet, as we weren't sure about its usefulness.

Opinions?

Think its a great Idea.... New to Monero but so far loving everything I have been researching...Could do with out seeing the devs/faces of the project plastered everywhere arguing with every god dam thread but hey, ..this is crypto Wink................ I think making it BTC->XMR could be a big help to drive user adoption and reduce friction in the XMR purchase process. Having away to seamlessly go from Mass adoption (BTC) to Monero can be nothing but helpful. Its basically a Monero tailored ShapeShift.io (Which if I read correctly erik will be adding Monero to shapeshift in the near future!!)

XMR.me!
Activity: 462
Merit: 500
With XMR.TO we can send to a btc address privately.  What needs to be done in order to receive privately from a btc address?

Create new Bitcoin address and never spend that coins/ use mixer/ exchange them back to monero

No, seriously: if there's considerable interest, we might consider implementing BTC->XMR.
It's not on the dev schedule as of yet, as we weren't sure about its usefulness.

Opinions?

Think its a great Idea.... New to Monero but so far loving everything I have been researching...Could do with out seeing the devs/faces of the project plastered everywhere arguing with every god dam thread but hey, ..this is crypto Wink................ I think making it BTC->XMR could be a big help to drive user adoption and reduce friction in the XMR purchase process. Having away to seamlessly go from Mass adoption (BTC) to Monero can be nothing but helpful. Its basically a Monero tailored ShapeShift.io (Which if I read correctly erik will be adding Monero to shapeshift in the near future!!)
legendary

… there are no XMR "investors". Monero is a medium of exchange and a store of value. If individuals purchase units of Monero they do not directly enrich me or the rest of the core team.

really?

Of course they don't. They don't even necessarily increase the price if they don't buy at higher prices than previous investors did. Some new investors showed up during the low period, they bought slowly and cautiously, not bidding up the price.

Either way the money from investors doesn't go into the project the way selling stock in a company does. Currency "investors" are always speculators; they are not buying a productive asset of any kind.

ok. got it.

lol!

anyway I think what smooth might mean is that Monero as a currency won't find a productive use like say, gold has, past what it already does since inception. One monero will always be that entry in a private ledger, ultimately. The only thing that changes is how we interact with the protocol ruleset that allows as such.

Let's hope so! Does having a public ledger (BTC) changes this? i.e. more like gold/ a "productive asset"?

BTC and Monero are both public ledgers in the sense that anyone and everyone can verify that the information coming from the blockchain is valid. However, the structure of the two technologies differ in their manner of encrypting the link between transactions, where with Bitcoin you can link one transaction to another quite easily, and Monero you can't, thus making Monero both a private and public ledger. That this is how Monero simply is doesn't change anything about it.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

… there are no XMR "investors". Monero is a medium of exchange and a store of value. If individuals purchase units of Monero they do not directly enrich me or the rest of the core team.

really?

Of course they don't. They don't even necessarily increase the price if they don't buy at higher prices than previous investors did. Some new investors showed up during the low period, they bought slowly and cautiously, not bidding up the price.

Either way the money from investors doesn't go into the project the way selling stock in a company does. Currency "investors" are always speculators; they are not buying a productive asset of any kind.

ok. got it.

lol!

anyway I think what smooth might mean is that Monero as a currency won't find a productive use like say, gold has, past what it already does since inception. One monero will always be that entry in a private ledger, ultimately. The only thing that changes is how we interact with the protocol ruleset that allows as such.

Let's hope so! Does having a public ledger (BTC) changes this? i.e. more like gold/ a "productive asset"?
legendary

really?

ok. got it.

lol!

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053
Free spirit

Opinions?

Your service is amazing!  great job.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141
A new missive is out! #27

EXTERN PROJECTS FOR THE WEEK OF 2015-03-30

To download the podcast directly please use this link to the MP3, or this link to the AAC/MP4, or this link to the FLAC.

A brief summary of the points discussed follows, a full transcription of the podcast is outstanding (can be submitted via Github Issues ).

In this week's podcast we interview Jojatekok, the 17 year old creator of the MoneroX GUI, and discuss his switch to cross-platform support for MoneroX, as well as some of his future plans. We also spend some time musing over his youth, and wondering where ours went to!

Until next week!

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141
With XMR.TO we can send to a btc address privately.  What needs to be done in order to receive privately from a btc address?

Opinions?

There is probably some interest from people that want to buy small amounts, but rather not use exchanges. So if it's not to much work for you guys, I would certainly implement it. Implementing could also boost the XMR -> BTC traffic and give the website in general more attention.
Activity: 518
Merit: 502

Opinions?
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
i used yam minerd xmr.
After performing frequently abnormal exit (Error: No such node (result)), there is no argument may be able to proceed after abnormal exit?
thanks

really?

ok. got it.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

really?

really?

We can argue that there is indirect enrichment

Yup
Monero is just a ByteCoin's clone, that gives no any new unique features.

Then just use Bytecoin Grin

edit: nvm you are just a Darkcoin/DASH scammer.

Even instamined DASH, but with active developers and unique features is better, than useless fair distributed garbage monero coins.

You r a terrible troll
check this: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7535561
Activity: 337
Merit: 250
Posting just to see my new avatar.  Grin
It appears our "off-topic" monero thread wasn't relevant enough for the "off-topic" section of BCT, and was deleted. Perhaps we should start another one in the alternative cryptocurrency section?

or just go to the monero forums...........

Pretty useless mobile wallet of it doesn't have the ability to scan a qr code....
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
It appears our "off-topic" monero thread wasn't relevant enough for the "off-topic" section of BCT, and was deleted. Perhaps we should start another one in the alternative cryptocurrency section?

or just go to the monero forums...........
Would Love a mobile wallet.....any where in the future pipeline?
Activity: 795
Merit: 514
kazuki49, who cares? We have Evan Duffield, which creates innovations, and you have developers, which can only fork another coin.

Are you saying dark/dash isn't a fork of Quark?
Jump to: